So I sent SBAllen a long PM last night

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. So I sent SBAllen a long PM last night

User Info: RichAllen2017

RichAllen2017
5 months ago#1
About people from the 313 board on here sending offensive PMs on another site I use, http://www.singsnap.com, I have reported these messages to the admin on Singsnap, but because the site is hosted in Canada, and both me and the offending PMer are from the UK there's not a lot they can do.

Anyway my point is, I sent SBAllen a long PM last night and he's not got back to me yet.
I'm a Grammar Nazi, your equals you're. I'm more of a gamer though, Viva la Xbox!

User Info: billyb2004

billyb2004
5 months ago#2
https://www.gamefaqs.com/community/SBAllen/boards

Last Visit Wednesday, June 14, 2017 6:01 PM

You'll have to wait until he logs back in.
You can observe a lot just by watching.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1050-achievement-and-trophy-hunters

User Info: AssultTank

AssultTank
5 months ago#3
Just as a note though, there isn't anything Allen can do about things happening off site...
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/20- Monthly Competitions with Karma or Steam prizes!
RIP Mith. You were a good friend and will be missed. ;-;
(message deleted)

User Info: stahlbaum

stahlbaum
5 months ago#5
Don't name names here.

He's not going to do anything to users on this site that do things on other sites. There is no way for him to verify things, nor it is his place to punish users for things they do that aren't on Gamefaqs.

I doubt you would like to find yourself banned on this site because someone may be lying and claiming you are bothering them elsewhere. Not saying that is happening to you, but can you see the issues and abuse that can arise from this?

Use the other sites process for reporting harassment if that's where the harassment is occurring.

RichAllen2017
5 months ago#6
stahlbaum posted...
Don't name names here.

He's not going to do anything to users on this site that do things on other sites. There is no way for him to verify things, nor it is his place to punish users for things they do that aren't on Gamefaqs.

I doubt you would like to find yourself banned on this site because someone may be lying and claiming you are bothering them elsewhere. Not saying that is happening to you, but can you see the issues and abuse that can arise from this?

Use the other sites process for reporting harassment if that's where the harassment is occurring.

The other site is hosted in Canada, you know, that place where they talk funny and can't pronounce the word "about"?!

So if the offenders are from the UK, they can't do anything.
I'm a Grammar Nazi, your equals you're. I'm more of a gamer though, Viva la Xbox!

User Info: Error1355

Error1355
5 months ago#7
That's very unfortunate, but GameFAQs can't do anything about harassment happening on a different site than GameFAQs.
This life is just a game we play, that we can never win.
But don't give up, no don't give up.

RichAllen2017
4 months ago#8
Error1355 posted...
That's very unfortunate, but GameFAQs can't do anything about harassment happening on a different site than GameFAQs.

It appears they can't do anything about harassment on their own site either IMO, I've been getting flamed/trolled etc on the 313 for months and the Mods have done sod all about anything I mark for moderation, on the contrary they'd rather mod me for stuff.

User Info: stahlbaum

stahlbaum
4 months ago#9
Mark offending posts and if they violate the rules they will be handled appropriately. You should also consider not engaging if you wish to avoid moderation yourself and consider adding problematic users to your ignore list.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. So I sent SBAllen a long PM last night

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived