When you first applied for Moderator status...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. When you first applied for Moderator status...

User Info: 1499

2 months ago#1
Did you know what the word "defenestrate" meant when you saw the requirements? And how did you incorporate it into your application? Unless the "defenestrate" rule is a newer thing.

"I should be a GameFAQs moderator because I will defenestrate the crap out of all those who break the website rules."

User Info: Tommy873

Tommy873
2 months ago#2
Since I have had sent one atleast a few times before I got picked, I would say defenestrate is not a new requirement in any way, for the time I've been around.

As for knowing what it meant, no. The first or two times I never bothered to look it up and just added it in randomly or in whatever way I felt looked good enough. I did look it up later down the line.
Signature thing of Tommy873

User Info: gmo7897

gmo7897
2 months ago#3
The first time I applied, the "required" word was "angst". However, before I wrote the application the was eventually selected, I didn't know what "defenestrate" means. Vocabulary was just never important to me, and most of the time, I try to target my speech and writing to a fourth-to-sixth-grade reading level, so it's understandable by more people. I only really used an extended vocabulary during my graduate work.

That being said, here's how I used defenestrate in my accepted application:

My mod app says...
GameFAQs has also taught me something. Thanks to the application process, I now know what "defenestrate" means (to be honest, I had to google it).
All Things Final Fantasy: http://gmo7897.com/s/atff | LostFacts: http://gmo7897.com/s/lf
There are some walks you have to take alone.

User Info: Citrik

Citrik
2 months ago#4
When I first applied, angst was the word I had to use. Thanks to Facebook's "Super Wall" extension waaaaaay back in the day when it was simple, I knew what defenestrate meant.
Why do people insist on creating things that will inevitably be destroyed? Why do people cling to life, knowing that they must someday die?

User Info: ne14a6t9r

ne14a6t9r
2 months ago#5
I only ever submitted a single mod app, got in first try, so the word was always defenestrate for me >_>

But no, I had no idea what 'defenestrate' meant before applying, having never used it before, and likely will never use it in speech in the future.

Because gmo done it and I want to join in, this was how I used it in my mod app:
So I've been umm-ing and ahh-ing for a few months now on whether I should submit this application or not, or if I should just defenestrate it right now. I guess I went with submitting it.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. When you first applied for Moderator status...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived