How many viral marketers are on this site?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. How many viral marketers are on this site?

User Info: Error1355

Error1355
3 weeks ago#11
Savoots posted...
We had thousands upon thousands of people posting back then, but now during peak hours we get like 3k at max? Why do you think that is?

The current culture of the internet pushes most people to social media/reddit rather than message boards.
This life is just a game we play, that we can never win.
But don't give up, no don't give up.

User Info: Savoots

Savoots
3 weeks ago#12
And I'm sure I'm on the verge of getting this topic locked because it's "getting out of hand", but my point is that this site once used to be a place where people went to look for some legit s***.

Where now it's just a site that tries to keep up with others to stay afloat, and maybe hires viral marketers to stay afloat money wise.
Don't hate anyone because they're different. Variety is the spice of life.

User Info: Error1355

Error1355
3 weeks ago#13
ok
This life is just a game we play, that we can never win.
But don't give up, no don't give up.

Savoots
3 weeks ago#14
Error1355 posted...
The current culture of the internet pushes most people to social media/reddit rather than message boards.

Then this site should have adjusted and changed for the better, because back in the day it was a force to be reckoned with.

I created this account when I was 13 just to get some Tekken Tag Arcade moves. If it had kept up on that, then even to this day it could've stayed relevant.

Reddit is only better than GFAqs because it moved ahead, while GFAQs largely stated the same.

FFS only recently did this site incorporate swearing and jpegs.

Come on.

Savoots
3 weeks ago#15
Make no mistake, I'm not trying to be an a****** here, I promise.

I've been on GFAQs for a long time, and still on my original account unlike so many others.

I say all this not to be an a******, but because I miss what this site used to be, and I know it could've stayed that way.

User Info: billyb2004

billyb2004
3 weeks ago#16
This site doesn't have to be like other sites or try to copy whatever reddit or anyone else is doing just to stay competitive or popular. If people are still visiting GameFAQs then it's because they still prefer this site over any other, or they go to this site and its boards and other sites too. The reason you may still be here is because you like the site. Whatever it used to be is likely what it still is, just with some changes that have been made over the years.

We don't have any inside info about any of the financial aspects of the site, we're just volunteer moderators for the message boards. The boards were never the focal point of the site itself, it's mainly about all of the gaming information provided by the many contributors on the site. So while that counter about the number of active users on the boards may be lower than it used to be, that's because there are other sites where people can go to socialize. These boards were much more active and popular before the various social media sites became super popular. That's just how the times have changed.

Also many of the recent changes in the rules and new features to make the site more modern have likely been implemented to keep the boards up with the times so it's not as if GameFAQs has largely remained the same in the past 20 years. The admins do what they feel is best for the site and its users to ensure it's still worthwhile to visit and enjoy.
You can observe a lot just by watching.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1050-achievement-and-trophy-hunters

Savoots
3 weeks ago#17
billyb2004 posted...
This site doesn't have to be like other sites or try to copy whatever reddit or anyone else is doing just to stay competitive or popular. If people are still visiting GameFAQs then it's because they still prefer this site over any other, or they go to this site and its boards and other sites too. The reason you may still be here is because you like the site. Whatever it used to be is likely what it still is, just with some changes that have been made over the years.

Yeah but during peak hours this site only gets like 2-3k people using the boards, when it used to be more than double that.

So with that in mind, it kinda does have to be a little more like other sites to stay popular, because its popularity has waned.
  1. Boards
  2. Ask the Mods
  3. How many viral marketers are on this site?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived