Runics vs Power Creep

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: lionhartwolf

lionhartwolf
8 months ago#11
I still like Runic, but I have a feeling we are going to see more and more NAT type and AOEs with powercreeps. I know it will still be good in those few cases where there are a lot of ST magic, but it's not going to be as good as it used to be.

User Info: Lvl9999Prinny

Lvl9999Prinny
8 months ago#12
EchoPianist posted...
Yup, gone are the days when Runic was considered a 'niche' utility.

It defintely was niche because the only "worthwhile" skill to pair with it was Flare Strike. Bust out that combo these days and see how great it is. =p
FFRK 3Bhf Vessel of Fate/Prayer of the Lost/Wall, FFBE 914954191 700+ Noctis
Whatever you do... don't pick me up, dood.

User Info: Uiru

Uiru
8 months ago#13
I actually made Flare Strike, and used it against the U+ Bahamut III. Barely scratched out a mastery there, with other hits such as Wind Slash and Wind Jump. That wasn't yesterday, hah.

User Info: SaintTweeter

SaintTweeter
8 months ago#14
I'm still shocked only 2 characters have it, and for Exdeath on a relic that won't be coming back anytime soon.
♥EOV Gothloli Reaper Gals Give Me Hope♥
boku wa SEXUAL TYRANNOSAURUS atashi wa

User Info: Garetjax333

Garetjax333
8 months ago#15
I just wish Celes had Lifesiphon/Wrath because I have her BSB as well as Runic.
The good ol' days never existed. It's the coverage of negative news that increased significantly. www.goodnewsnetwork.org
FFRK ID# GfRd Porom Twin Star

User Info: sarothias

sarothias
8 months ago#16
Lvl9999Prinny posted...
EchoPianist posted...
Yup, gone are the days when Runic was considered a 'niche' utility.

It defintely was niche because the only "worthwhile" skill to pair with it was Flare Strike. Bust out that combo these days and see how great it is. =p

lawl funny you should mention this.

Yesterday during a Bartz 200 session someone was using Flare Strike comboed with Celes Indomitable Blade. My Celes with Thundering Strike and SSS was out damaging his obviously :/
FFRK - OK BSB Code: 9DXU
FFBE - Noctis: 672,461,909

User Info: MajorMahalo1

MajorMahalo1
8 months ago#17
I wish I had Celes' version, but Exdeath's absolutely destroyed the 3 little piggies in the Torment. 2 of them weak to meltdown and having curada as backup was just :-)
Proud descendant of King Kamehameha of Hawaii, but I can't prove it.

User Info: raoxi

raoxi
8 months ago#18
Man I did not know that grand cross isnt coming back, is such a beast on him unless you have a mage BSSB to let you spam attacks. Time to RW runic on him for Torment.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived