Android user: Crashing after almost every battle

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Android user: Crashing after almost every battle

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
7 months ago#21
So I'm fighting Hechowhatever, and I'm struggling with the Gaaps, as the only character that I have high-level that can deal much in the way of Dark damage is Orlandeau via his Burst, and I can't keep my Burst going indefinitely given the commands are quite slow.

So I finally get rid of all of them and I make it to Hechy, and Orlandeau's Soul Gauge is ready, so I cue it up and...

crash.

I...

I am at a loss for words.

Crashing just after battles is irritating enough, but then? Really??!

EDIT: I tried again after my enforced S/L and even used a better strategy to get past the Gaaps quicker, and the game kindly waited until after the battle to crash this time. Still very aggravating.
Creator of Jay's Journey, including Jay's Journey Reimagined/Jay's Journey 2: Worlds Apart!
https://jaysjourney2016.wordpress.com/

User Info: Rhyten

Rhyten
7 months ago#22
Not much you can do, either take the crashes or buy a better device for the game.
I switched from an iPhone 5 to a 6S and the game runs much better. No crashes with the famous two USBs, animations are smoother and loadings are much faster. iOS in general also runs much better than Android.
Antec Neo Eco 620w | Asrock Z77 Extreme 4-M | i5 2500k 3.3Ghz | Nvidia Gtx 680 2048MB | 8 GB DDR 3 1333Mhz | HP 2011x 20" 1600x900
3DS FC: 4313 1109 4662

User Info: cityyankee24

cityyankee24
7 months ago#23
Hm, only time I have issues is when SBs are being used in multiplayer raids on my S6. Otherwise it runs just fine on that device and my Nvidia Shield tablet.
Don't mind me, just making contact
|(-_-)__

User Info: mazurka

mazurka
7 months ago#24
Rhyten posted...
Not much you can do, either take the crashes or buy a better device for the game.
I switched from an iPhone 5 to a 6S and the game runs much better. No crashes with the famous two USBs, animations are smoother and loadings are much faster. iOS in general also runs much better than Android.

No, iOS runs perfectly with the game. Why? Because the game was designed FOR iOS and then they sloppily and lazily converted the code to work "acceptably" on Android phones. The game will always function poorly with bugs (menu misalignment for example), and choppiness (battle microstutter and microstutter in other places) and such on Android devices til the devs decide to do a better job of working on the compatibility with Android phones. It's not the device not being "fancy" enough, it's the coding and compatibility with Android as a whole. People need to stop saying it's because you don't have a 600+ dollar top of the line Android phone, that's NOT the reason.

User Info: Runeomago

Runeomago
7 months ago#25
Mine sometimes freeze for a bit 5+ seconds during random sb animations. Never been that much of an issue except after multi-player was implemented, as this evidently causes more lag.

Still, I kinda learned to live with it.

User Info: tomasmk2003

tomasmk2003
7 months ago#26
mazurka posted...
Rhyten posted...

No, iOS runs perfectly with the game. Why? Because the game was designed FOR iOS and then they sloppily and lazily converted the code to work "acceptably" on Android phones. The game will always function poorly with bugs (menu misalignment for example), and choppiness (battle microstutter and microstutter in other places) and such on Android devices til the devs decide to do a better job of working on the compatibility with Android phones. It's not the device not being "fancy" enough, it's the coding and compatibility with Android as a whole. People need to stop saying it's because you don't have a 600+ dollar top of the line Android phone, that's NOT the reason.

Backing this 110%. My pixel XL runs this worse than my previous phone Samsung S4.
FFRK discord tomasmk2003#4882 , Rw XqWR

User Info: Rhyten

Rhyten
7 months ago#27
mazurka posted...
Rhyten posted...

The device does matter. As I said, with my iPhone 5 I had crashes with some Soul breaks because I only had 1GB of ram. Not saying that Dena did a perfect job with the Android version, you should complain to them for that though. If your phone does not meet the minimum requirements, be it iOS or Android, you can't complain IMO. If you do and you still have issues, then sure, go ahead.
Antec Neo Eco 620w | Asrock Z77 Extreme 4-M | i5 2500k 3.3Ghz | Nvidia Gtx 680 2048MB | 8 GB DDR 3 1333Mhz | HP 2011x 20" 1600x900
3DS FC: 4313 1109 4662

mazurka
7 months ago#28
Rhyten posted...
mazurka posted...
Rhyten posted...

The device does matter. As I said, with my iPhone 5 I had crashes with some Soul breaks because I only had 1GB of ram. Not saying that Dena did a perfect job with the Android version, you should complain to them for that though. If your phone does not meet the minimum requirements, be it iOS or Android, you can't complain IMO. If you do and you still have issues, then sure, go ahead.

My point is it's not the best advice to tell people that they won't have issues if they go out and buy a 600+ dollar Android device, because it's simply not true at all. I have one of the top of the line Android phones that cost over 500 bucks and I have issues with the game. It has WAY more RAM than the game requires and the CPU is WAY above the requirements as well. A ton of other people are similarly using powerhouse Android devices and still have issues with this game.

Sure you will have issues if you are using a device that doesn't meet the minimum requirements, but you'll also have issues if you're using an Android device that does. If someone goes out and buys a super expensive Android device thinking it's going to fix their problems with this game they're going to be in for a disappointing surprise. If you don't want to have issues you have to use an iOS device that meets the minimum requirements. That's the only way people can play this game with it performing smooth as butter. Android just can't handle this game smoothly due to compatibility issues. Sure it'll run okay, but it's gonna have performance issues and various other issues.

mazurka
7 months ago#29
Linking this because this is still relevant to some of the Android compatibility issues and the problems it's causing in the game (follow any advice in the thread at your own risk):

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5xcjzm/a_closer_look_at_android_7_performance/

User Info: tomasmk2003

tomasmk2003
7 months ago#30
I posted that link 2 weeks ago. While some said it worked others did not.
FFRK discord tomasmk2003#4882 , Rw XqWR
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. Android user: Crashing after almost every battle

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived