FFXI Iridal Staff Banner Relic Draw Topic

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFXI Iridal Staff Banner Relic Draw Topic

User Info: SolitaireD

SolitaireD
7 months ago#1
Plan for the banner - Results (214 votes)
100 Gems/5 Mythrils
15.42% (33 votes)
Less than 50 Mythrils
1.4% (3 votes)
One 11-pull
37.38% (80 votes)
Two or more 11-pulls
21.5% (46 votes)
Skipping entirely
24.3% (52 votes)
This poll is now closed.
--------------------------------------------------

This banner introduces a brand new type of SB called Chain Soul Break.
Similar to OSB/USB, the relics are of natural 6* rarity.

Read this topic for all the information on CSB: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/75241651

3DS FC: 2809-9061-6615
JP FFRK (QT3rB): All utility except Runic and Astra. Includes Vessel of Fate, Guts, Radiant Shield, 24 Medicas, 26 BSBs, 9 OSBs, etc

SolitaireD
7 months ago#2
All stats are L20 (L25 for CSB) before realm synergy. Credits to Enlir for SB and relic details.

IRIDAL STAFF BANNER RELICS #1

Shantotto's Iridal Staff (6* Staff w/ RS Lightning, Fire & Ice boost; 77 ATK / 162 MAG / 81 MND)
[CSB "Frightening Lightning", +10 MAG upon Mastery]
11 single-target Lightning magic attacks, activates Lightning Chain, Quick Cast 2 to party (11 x 1.63)
Note: Quick Cast 2 may not be included at debut
Foreseeable Return: Extreme Fest 3?, Super Fest 3?
(SB Animation: https://ffrk-movie.static.sp.mbga.jp/soul_strike/11100100/20161220_LP7mRycxl7g.mp4)

Prishe's Sainti (Fist; 136 ATK)
[BSB "Nullifying Dropkick", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
8 single-target physical attacks, Quick Monk 5 to user, Burst Mode (8 x 0.93)
Attack -> Spin Combo: 3~6 single-target physical attacks, number of hits is dependent on amount of unique Monk abilities used, resets counter after use (3~6 x 0.80, Monk)
Defend -> Rising Tackle: 4 single-target physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%** (4 x 0.55, Monk)
*1/2/3 Unique Monk Abilities -> 4/5/6 hits
**ID: 6001
Note: Unique Monk abilities meant that repeated uses of the same ability will not be counted
Foreseeable Return: Aphmau/Zeid 2, Extreme Fest 1?, Dr Mog 3?
(SB Animation: https://ffrk-movie.static.sp.mbga.jp/soul_strike/11100400/20161111_KY1GHOAN1FU.mp4)

Lion's Lust Dagger (Dagger; 126 ATK / 71 MAG)
[BSB "Walk the Plank", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
5 single-target physical attacks, Instant Cast, ATK & DEF -40%* (5 x 1.52)
Attack -> Break Edge: Single-target physical attack, 0.825s CT, ATK -40%** (1 x 2.00, Thief)
Defend -> Guard Stitch: Single-target physical attack, 0.825s CT, DEF -40%*** (1 x 2.00, Thief)
*ID: 611, **ID: 603, ***ID: 604
Foreseeable Return: Aphmau/Zeid 2
(SB Animation: https://ffrk-movie.static.sp.mbga.jp/soul_strike/11100500/20161111_28tTTNgS5oU.mp4)

Shantotto's Tactician Magician's Cuffs (Bracer; 24 ATK / 93 DEF / 28 MAG / 90 RES / 19 MND)
[BSB "Play Rough", +10 MAG upon Mastery]
6 AOE Lightning/Fire/Ice magic attacks, En-Lightning, Burst Mode (6 x 1.94)
Attack -> Fire Play: 4 single-target Lightning/Fire magic attacks, 0.825s CT (4 x 2.00, Black Magic)
Defend -> Ice Play: 4 single-target Lightning/Ice magic attacks, 0.825s CT (4 x 2.00, Black Magic)
Forseeable Return: Extreme Fest 3?, Dr Mog 3?
(SB Animation: https://ffrk-movie.static.sp.mbga.jp/soul_strike/11100100/20160925_xHtxFmzEt1o.mp4)

JP FFRK (QT3rB): All utility except Runic and Astra. Includes Vessel of Fate, Guts, Radiant Shield, 24 Medicas, 26 BSBs, 9 OSBs, etc

SolitaireD
7 months ago#3
IRIDAL STAFF BANNER RELICS #2

Prishe's Monsoon Jinpachi (Hat; 17 ATK / 85 DEF / 124 RES / 37 MND)
[SSB "Rigorous Reverie", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
40% max HP heal, Last Stand & High Regen to party
Foreseeable Return: Aphmau/Zeid 2, Extreme Fest 2?, Super Fest 1?
(SB Animation: https://ffrk-movie.static.sp.mbga.jp/soul_strike/11100400/20161111_ZusVGNJwYj0.mp4)

Lion's Gaia Doublet (Light Armor w/ Earth resist; 17 ATK / 113 DEF / 113 RES)
[SSB "Powder Keg", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
5~7 AOE physical attacks, number of hits is dependent on user's SPD*, DEF & RES -50%** (5~7 x 0.99)
*174 SPD: 6 hits, 205 SPD: 7 hits
**ID: 608
(SB Animation: https://ffrk-movie.static.sp.mbga.jp/soul_strike/11100500/20161111_kaUeThnVKng.mp4)

Shantotto's Tactician Magician's Coat (Light Armor; 17 MAG / 111 DEF / 111 RES)
[SSB "Primordial Elements", +10 MAG upon Mastery]
8 random Fire/Ice/Lightning magic attacks, MAG & RES +30%* to party (8 x 2.19)
*ID: 622
(SB Animation: https://ffrk-movie.static.sp.mbga.jp/soul_strike/11100100/20160622_xpCSMvHBL5I.mp4)

Curilla's Iron Musketeer's Cuirass (Heavy Armor; 17 ATK / 136 DEF / 93 RES)
[SSB "Swift Blade", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
6 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, 40% max HP heal & Esuna to party (6 x 1.25)
Foreseeable Return: Aphmau/Zeid 1, Extreme Fest 5?
(SB Animation: https://ffrk-movie.static.sp.mbga.jp/soul_strike/11100300/20160622_aw47En2XDZ0.mp4)

Ayame's Ochiudo's Kote (Bracer; 26 ATK / 93 DEF / 18 MAG / 89 RES / 19 MND)
[SSB "Tachi Jinpu", +10 ATK upon Mastery]
5 AOE Wind physical attacks, Instant Cast, Haste to party, ATK +50%* to user (5 x 1.11)
*ID: 603
(SB Animation: https://ffrk-movie.static.sp.mbga.jp/soul_strike/11100200/20160622_1Be-_sMLcog.mp4)

SolitaireD
7 months ago#4
Iridal Staff Banner Overview

Iridal Staff:
The first Chain Soul Break in the game, and it is very strong.
Lightning relics in this game tend to have many hits so a simple Lightning team can rack up a lot of Chains.
Shantotto herself has Witch 5 for Hell Thunder, which the Quick Cast from the CSB helps to hasten.
Her BSB commands are short cast, and future LM2's Trance gives her Thunder God Might casting speed.
All these speed ensures that Shantotto can be insanely strong all on her own.

Sainti:
One of the strongest Monk SBs in the game but it requires sufficient Monk ability hones.
Quick Monk 5 can allow you to quickly use both abilities and defend command to give you an easy 6-hit attack command.
The Quick Cast can still provide great damage even if you are not trying to take advantage of the attack command's mechanic.
If you like Monks and have great hones, then this BSB will surely be powerful for you.

Lust Dagger:
Very similar to the famous Vaan BSB, so that should tell you how strong Lion's BSB is.
ATK/DEF debuff is way more common than Vaan's MAG/DEF, but it can still save you an ability slot for Mug Bloodlust.
Lion herself lack Support though since she is a pure Thief, so this is not useful against common magic bosses as a Support BSB.
This BSB is mostly for the damage potential and rare synergy. If ATK/DEF debuff is what you are looking for, Irvine's upcoming BSB is the best.

Tactician Magician's Cuffs:
Remember when I said that this is one of, or the strongest Lightning mage BSB in the game?
Now it appears in the same banner as her CSB.
With Trance Mode active, the 0.275s commands will give dish out incredible damage even without the CSB.

Monsoon Jinpachi:
One of the best sources of Last Stand, especially so in Multiplayer.
High Regen can overwrite any pesky Sap/Poison that tries to render the Last Stand useless.
And the Cura level heal further ensures the party survivability, since you only have 1% HP after all.
Just give Prishe 2 Lifesiphons and your party will be nearly invincible.

Gaia Doublet:
Much better than Onion Knight's SSB since the debuff is AOE. So it can be very useful even outside CM.
Steal Power access can let her share a support burden, and Ninja 5 access should ease your worry of her not contributing to damage in magic teams.
Note that like OK, Burst Mode is needed to reach 7 hits.

Tactician Magician's Coat:
The reason why this armor has lower DEF/RES than the others is because this SSB is actually more than 6 months old lol.
No doubt that it is good with her CSB and/or BSB but it is pretty good on its own because of Shantotto.
MAG/RES party buff is still uncommon, but the best source is in the next event.

Iron Musketeer's Cuirass:
Like Prishe's SSB, this is the best you have for a XI Medica.
Lifesiphonable as well and it comes with a situationally life-saving Esuna.
One of 3 SBs in the game that provide proportional heal and Esuna. Appeal of this is the rare realm.

Ochiudo's Kote:
Great synergy stick, useful CM SB.
It certainly isn't bad but keep in mind that Ayame's BSB is the one that makes her the strongest XI character in FFRK.
Usable now but once you have the BSB, there is no reason for this except for +10 ATK.

Conclusion: Regardless of whether you are loaded with a variety of SBs or not, ultra rare synergy people.
None of the SBs here are bad, and I wouldn't even call them average. And any one of them can be a great help for CMs.
CSB can be very important for your Lightning team, the BSBs are outstanding (especially Shantotto and Lion), and Prishe's SSB is really good to have.

User Info: Shadow Stalker X

Shadow Stalker X
7 months ago#5
I've been waiting for this. Have 3 11 pulls set up for this banner (and I'll probably end up doing multiple small gem pulls here as well). My simple tier list for the items I want on this banner.

Must Have (I'll stop right away if I get these items quickly)
Sainti
Monsoon Jinpachi
Ochiudo's Kote

Nice to have
Lust Dagger
Gaia Doublet
Iridial Staff
Tactician Magician's Cuffs

Don't care much for
Tactician Magician's Coat
Iron Musketeer's Cuirass

Also, a couple of questions:
1. In regards to Prishe's Command 1, can that count at all in the count of unique Monk abilities?
2. Will you be making a separate topic about the Raid banner if that shows up?
Don't read my sig. You're just wasting your time.

User Info: sarothias

sarothias
7 months ago#6
100 gem and 1 11x to get at least a piece of gear for synergy~

thanks for the writeup!
FFRK - OK BSB Code: 9DXU

User Info: dli17

dli17
7 months ago#7
Shadow Stalker X posted...
Ochiudo's Kote

Why this one in particular? I guess it's a Hastega for CMs.

Thanks for the writeup! I'm not sure yet if I'll pull here since I'm broke after anniversary, although I believe I can get 50 mythril before the banner is over.
Currently playing:
Fire Emblem: Fates, Final Fantasy Record Keeper

SolitaireD
7 months ago#8
No her com1 doesn't count.

And Raid banner topic is probably tomorrow. Asked flip to dig for me the MO dates if any.

User Info: Xaldin8

Xaldin8
7 months ago#9
SolitaireD posted...

Does this mean it's going to be buffed later? Do they even allowed to change a relic that's already released?
FFRK: oZD2

SolitaireD
7 months ago#10
Xaldin8 posted...
SolitaireD posted...

Does this mean it's going to be buffed later? Do they even allowed to change a relic that's already released?

Shantotto, WoL and Tidus' CSB are originally just 11-hits + Chain.

A QoL in JP buffed them to have a secondary bonus effect.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. FFXI Iridal Staff Banner Relic Draw Topic

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived