People should stop mocking the beginner banners.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. People should stop mocking the beginner banners.

User Info: raazychx

raazychx
2 months ago#1
I wrote Dena an e-mail a long while ago, requesting that they include Uniques and Supers back into banners as a separate banner format. Uniques are very hard to get, and there have been two that I have wanted forever, but never have been able to get a hold of (Aerith's Dragon Force physiblink super, Red XIII's Howling Moon party ability refill.)

These might be useless to you, but they would be enormously useful to me. Some of the banners have been curated. I originally intended on trying to pick up Aurora Rod from the second White Mage or second Summoner luckies back when they existed (because of G5), but when they were curated out, there was no way for me to try to get a hold of those relics.

When I wrote the e-mail, what I had suggested to them was that they do a three-banner format per event. Right now, they do two banners per event. I originally suggested they move the LMRs and the Uniques/Supers to a third banner, while BSBs, USBs, CSBs, etc. would all be moved to the other two banners. They obviously didn't do that.

However, they did do this, which was incredibly unexpected, and frankly, I'm pleased. I finally managed to pick up Red XIII's shellga SSB, which was, in combination with all the relics I own for him, finally enough to push me over the edge and justify legend diving him as a true support unit. It was one of the best relics I could have gotten for him, because I now have access to the major tools a good support unit needs––access to buffing any stat (ATK, MAG, DEF, RES, MND), as well as access to Hastega, Protectga, or Shellga. I can't necessarily do all of these things at once with him, but having all of this technical access makes him a fantastic unit, especially now that his buffs last longer thanks to his LM2.

I see a lot of people mocking these banners and dungeons, but there are numerous awesome things we're getting out of them––

1) Access to some hard-to-get uniques again, which I hope we will get access to uniques from other realms as well. Most are admittedly not great, but a few of them have niche uses.

2) Landing an SSB at least gives you 10 points of stat mastery boosts, which is never a bad thing, even if you rarely end up using that SSB.

3) Dungeons that unlock characters and level-breaking crystals for newer players quickly, which is something older players forget to appreciate at times. (I remember when I couldn't unlock characters for ages until Souls came out.)

4) Lastly, a great source of mythril for veteran players, even if they never use the banners otherwise.

Is there something really wrong with any of this? It's actually a fairly nice solution to what I had personally requested, and the fact that we're getting mythril out of the deal is even better.
FFRK code: gYFY Aerith (White Materia)
"Final Fantasy Record Keepers" Discord invite: GqkB8gG

User Info: Neoanima31

Neoanima31
2 months ago#2
I agree 100% with you ,if you are a new player and you see so many events that you have 0% chance of doing you will probably uninstall the game. Now newbies can do this newcomer dungeons and draw on this half price banners(and if you like it evenreroll to get a top relic).Also they can unlock some of the most renown characters in FF universe like Cloud,Tidus,Lightning from the start. And for us Veteran players we get 55 mythrils(25 from login) before great banners like IV,V and 30th anniversary arrive.
FFRK TEAM: LV99 Orlandu (BSB,OSB), LV99 Ramza(SSB,SSB2),LV99 Eiko (BSB,USB) ,LV99 Faris (BSB),LV99 Squall(BSB,OSB,BSB2)

User Info: shadestreet

shadestreet
2 months ago#3
The beginner events are fine. Great actually. Leave them open indefinitely. A great way to draw in new people who blindly download the game.

No justification for the banners though.

SSB+ should have been the way to go. Add a +1 choose any unique after your draw like Keepers Choice would have been fine.

The number of useful uniques can be counted on one hand. Why subject people to Chance of Buster Sword/11?

User Info: mazurka

mazurka
2 months ago#4
shadestreet posted...
The beginner events are fine. Great actually. Leave them open indefinitely. A great way to draw in new people who blindly download the game.

SSB+ should have been the way to go. Add a +1 choose any unique after your draw like Keepers Choice would have been fine.

The number of useful uniques can be counted on one hand. Why subject people to Chance of Buster Sword/11?
Liberated from the "Forever RW Wall because I can't get a single native version" club by DeNA employee error. TY DeNA employee, you the real MVP!

User Info: Solarwind

Solarwind
2 months ago#5
shadestreet posted...

Veterans are probably wise enough to know not to draw here if they don't want to risk the high chance of uniques. Newbies are probably in need of synergy anyway and a discount shot at some synergy gear is acceptable to me. It's no worse to me than gambling on a regular full-priced event banner and risking 1/11 on an LMR for a character you may not even have anything for. 25 mythril (or even up to 75 for all three banners) is a drop in the bucket for newer players still clearing story dungeons anyway.
Don't stop me now!
FFRK RW: Gaze of the Void (Fran BSB) ID: rFHM

User Info: Uiru

Uiru
2 months ago#6
If DeNA wants to please completionists, they're going to have to do a lot more than just adding trap banners.

There are some uniques I'd like to get to complete some characters. But there's also some USBs I'd like to get to kill some bosses. With how worthless 98% of all uniques are these days, it wouldn't be a stretch to start putting them in the dungeon updates as mastery rewards, or attaching a DU-relevant bonus choice onto the DU lucky. But trying to target a specific unique relic in a pool of 60+? That is madness.

The current 4* odds in the daily draw could be unique SB equipment and basically nothing would change. Hell, the 4* odds could be older SSBs and the 3* could be Uniques and basically nothing would change. Scoring an ancient relic to complete a character won't have any effect on a player's spending or mythril budgeting and might actually encourage them to dig deeper for newer stuff once they have everything for their favorite characters so far.

No one is complaining about the events or the mythril. Those are obviously fine. These banners do nothing for anybody, with the possible exception of the very, very newest of players, and even they will most likely get completely screwed anyway.

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
2 months ago#7
raazychx posted...
Access to some hard-to-get uniques again

...so?

raazychx posted...
Most are admittedly not great

Read: crap

raazychx posted...
but a few of them have niche uses.

Like what?

raazychx posted...
2) Landing an SSB at least gives you 10 points of stat mastery boosts, which is never a bad thing, even if you rarely end up using that SSB.

Yeah... but the banners are 1/3 or more SB only so you don't even get stats from them.

raazychx posted...
3) Dungeons that unlock characters and level-breaking crystals for newer players quickly, which is something older players forget to appreciate at times. (I remember when I couldn't unlock characters for ages until Souls came out.)

Ok? Yes, the dungeons are fine. 'free' mythril. I just wish they could do something ''global exclusive' that would give us some of the things they withhold from us.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: dli17

dli17
2 months ago#8
Any currently running banner is more useful than these banners. Advertising them as Beginner's Banners makes beginners think they should pull on them.

They shouldn't. It's misleading and a dangerous waste of mythril.
Currently playing:
Fire Emblem: Fates, Final Fantasy Record Keeper

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
2 months ago#9
dli17 posted...
Any currently running banner is more useful than these banners. Advertising them as Beginner's Banners makes beginners think they should pull on them.

I mean, half off, nice way to build up a bit of synergy.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: mazurka

mazurka
2 months ago#10
Sir Will posted...
dli17 posted...

I mean, half off, nice way to build up a bit of synergy.

Sir will showing off some sarcasm Synergy LOL
Liberated from the "Forever RW Wall because I can't get a single native version" club by DeNA employee error. TY DeNA employee, you the real MVP!
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  3. People should stop mocking the beginner banners.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived