Shiny Mega Tyranitar Competitive Stage arrives

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Shuffle
  3. Shiny Mega Tyranitar Competitive Stage arrives

User Info: _PandaMaster_

_PandaMaster_
2 months ago#1
Tyranitar has gone shiny! This Mega pokemon arrives with a very limited move competitive stage.]

Only 8 Moves for this competitive stage. Butterfree is recommended for this stage. This Tyranitar is dark-type. Bring your best for this shiny mountain pokemon.
Wrestlecorp.com {3DS FC: 4871-4510-2952}
Oxi Clean is offensive.

User Info: Arranos

Arranos
2 months ago#2
Hey, a Mega Stone I don't have!

(Stuck on Cacturne right now...)

User Info: LusterSoldier

LusterSoldier
2 months ago#3
With only seconds remaining on my 15 minute infinite heart trial, I went into this stage to see what it looks like (including the disruptions).

The starting board has several rocks (a total of 8 rocks).

For the disruptions, the first disruption contained 8 rocks and 4 Butterfree in the middle 2 columns. Later disruptions can include rocks, more Butterfree, and Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee icons. A total of 2 Hitmonchan and 2 Hitmonlee were disrupted over the course of this stage and they were disrupted in the uppermost and bottommost corners of the stage where they won't pose a threat to generating large combos. It is not necessary to bring Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee into this stage.

I chose to exit out of the stage before making the final move since this was an itemless attempt and I did not bother changing my team before going into this stage.
Luster Soldier --- ~Shield Bearer~ | ~Data Analyst~
Popular at school, but not as cool as BK_Sheikah00, Guru Champ!

User Info: Philip027

Philip027
2 months ago#4
I chose to exit out of the stage before making the final move since this was an itemless attempt and I did not bother changing my team before going into this stage.

Should always submit a score, even if it's total s***. Least that way if you completely forget (or are somehow unable) to make your real competition run later, you won't walk away totally empty handed :p

Speaking from (thankfully only once) personal experience here...

User Info: mauisurfer

mauisurfer
2 months ago#5
Tier 1 will not be possible for me, since I don't have a Skill Level 5 Conkeldurr (I don't have enough Skill Boosters). :(

Team composition of high scoring teams on Reddit:

Mega: Tyranitar

Manditory Support #1: Butterfree (disrupted)

Manditory Support #2: Machamp (Level 20, SL5)

Optional last member: Conkeldurr (Level 10, SL5), Xerneas (Level 20, SL5), Azumarill (Level 20, SL5), Meloetta (Level 15, SL5).

User Info: CChrono

CChrono
2 months ago#6
You don't need LDE to score well.

User Info: Buretsu

Buretsu
2 months ago#7
Top 5 in US is rather varied, and not a single Machamp to be seen.

#1: TTar, Meloetta and Conkeldurr
#2: Hera, Vivillon (Pokeball), Charjabug
#3: Hera, Meloetta, Conkeldurr
#4: TTar, Hitmonlee, Conkeldurr
#5: Scizor, Xerneas, Genesect
Recently Beaten: Persona 5 Currently Playing; SMT IV: Apocalypse
Most looking forward to: Persona 5 NG+

User Info: WolfWood37

WolfWood37
2 months ago#8
Well...I'll be using Machamp so who knows...

User Info: Philip027

Philip027
2 months ago#9
I'll definitely be using Machamp, out of a lack of better options. Conkeldurr isn't getting investment (power too low), and chances to SM getting nuked I cannot bring Meloetta up quickly.

This competition is obviously geared toward LDE usage (which they really seem to be pushing as the new meta, if the new SM is any indication)

User Info: LusterSoldier

LusterSoldier
2 months ago#10
Since Butterfree is recommended for this competition, my plan is to go in with an all-Bug team.

The team I'm working on for this competition - Mega Heracross (15, SL1), Vivillon Poke Ball (10, SL3), Charjabug (10, SL2), Butterfree (10, SL2)

Currently have 4 RMLs in reserve, so I just need to pull 1 RML from Entei and I can take Heracross to level 15. Vivillon Poke Ball can be taken to SL3 with a single SBM, which I'll use on it when I do the Eevee stage this weekend.
Luster Soldier --- ~Shield Bearer~ | ~Data Analyst~
Popular at school, but not as cool as BK_Sheikah00, Guru Champ!
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Shuffle
  3. Shiny Mega Tyranitar Competitive Stage arrives

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived