Hello everyone. (CYOA news inside)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem RP/Social/CYOA/Fanfiction Board
  3. Hello everyone. (CYOA news inside)

User Info: Kyojo777

Kyojo777
4 months ago#1
It's me, Kyojo.

It's been a while, hasn't it? I've been alright for the most part. Home life's been alright, school life is weird, and social life has been alright (Though I've pretty much lost any ability to have a conversation irl).

Though my self-loathing persists, I do feel I've improved as a person, and as a writer. I've been studying philosophy, politics (Which ended up with me becoming an anarchist of all things), and of course writing (One of my favorite sites is standoutbooks). I've been taking more care of my appearance, I dropped soda so I could get more fit, and I started asking girls out to get over my shyness (Though that hasn't worked out at all (lol) I'm still happy I was able to do something I found extremely hard).

For a while now, I've had an idea for a CYOA. Or rather, I've had three general ideas for lords in mind. These three lords would all exist in the same fe-esque story, working to take down the same enemy. But, due to the ideal societies they wish to implement come at odds with each other.

I can't tell you much about these lords, which is due to general lack of work. It's been in my head for a while, but I never bothered to really flesh them out. Well, that ends today. I want to improve, especially as a writer, and the best way to do that is to practice. So, to make sure I don't make up excuses and shove this to the back of my head, I'll be announcing this CYOA to you all. You guys do like FE after all, and I do miss some of you (Like Frac, Silver and Vinny).

So yeah, it's nice to see you guys again.
"I tell you: one must have chaos in one, to give birth to a dancing star. I say unto you: you still have chaos in yourselves."

User Info: Vinny_Valens

Vinny_Valens
4 months ago#2
Is this the rebirth of the glorious CYOA ages lol?

It's been a while I agree, and I am glad you're back!
"What do you think the saddest thing in the world is? It's not dying as you would think. It's not being wanted by anyone."-Azusa Mukami

Kyojo777
4 months ago#3
Vinny_Valens posted...
Is this the rebirth of the glorious CYOA ages lol?

Maybe lol

But yeah, thanks.

By the way, if it wasn't clear I'll be fleshing out the story and characters before I open up the CYOA.
"I tell you: one must have chaos in one, to give birth to a dancing star. I say unto you: you still have chaos in yourselves."

User Info: Fracastador

Fracastador
4 months ago#4
You are making personal progress of which I am now envious.
Congratulations!
I need to... get myself to do some of those things.
Hmmm...

...Why anarchism?
Would you like to hear a bit about the wondrous shoopuf?
Maechen

User Info: Brom_Emblem

Brom_Emblem
4 months ago#5
No one ever misses me...

I don't think we've ever met, actually. Nice to meet you and best of luck with your upcoming pursuits, both on and off the internet!
Success is the best form of revenge.
1986 is still the gift. -Oh, Brian's alt.-

User Info: PKSupahstar

PKSupahstar
4 months ago#6
Kyojo! Nice to have you back! Glad everything has been going well.

So which branch of philosophy are you studying? I've been meaning to learn some myself actually lol.
Give me your money
And your memes

Kyojo777
4 months ago#7
Fracastador posted...
You are making personal progress of which I am now envious.
Congratulations!
I need to... get myself to do some of those things.
Hmmm...

...Why anarchism?

Thanks lol

Long story short, Anarchism appeals to me because I'm a huge individualist. Hierarchies, rulers, and wealth imbalance is ultimately harmful to individual growth, so in a society without them people will be able to become stronger individuals.

Brom_Emblem posted...
I don't think we've ever met, actually. Nice to meet you and best of luck with your upcoming pursuits, both on and off the internet!

And thank you lol.

PKSupahstar posted...
Kyojo! Nice to have you back! Glad everything has been going well.

So which branch of philosophy are you studying? I've been meaning to learn some myself actually lol.

Mostly Anarchism. At first I mostly studied Fredrick Nietzsche, but then I came across Max Stirner (Who created Egoism (Which than lead to Egoist Anarchism) and heavily inspired Individualist Anarchism) and split my time between the two. I than came across Renzo Novatore (Italian Anarchist from the WW1 era) and devoted more time to studying him, which than finally came to me devoting my time to Anarchism. Truth be told I still have much to learn lol.

The thing about philosophy is there isn't really a starting point per se, so it can be hard to study it. I suggest to look at the philosophies you already know and see what ideas it inspired or was inspired from. Hell, just gaining a more deeper knowledge of philosophies you only vaguely know can be worthwhile.

User Info: silverwinds

silverwinds
4 months ago#8
Glad to have you back!

...but, anarchy?

O can understand libertarianism, but in anarchy, warlords and ruthless killers rise and dominate what the state would elsewise.
And Alexander of Macedonia wept, for he had no lands left to conquer. Bi & Female. ///
http://bluechanxd.deviantart.com/art/OC-Silver-629522284

Kyojo777
4 months ago#9
silverwinds posted...
Glad to have you back!

...but, anarchy?

O can understand libertarianism, but in anarchy, warlords and ruthless killers rise and dominate what the state would elsewise.

In an Anarchist society warlords wouldn't rise. As an Anarchist society espouses ideals of liberty anti-hierarchy the number of individuals who believe in authority or wish to become tyrants would be very low (And the number of individuals who'd allow themselves to be ruled would be equally low). There would still laws and order, so criminals would still be punished, just by the community. Same goes for anyone who tries to dominate another, too.

But yeah, glad to see you too Silver lol
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem RP/Social/CYOA/Fanfiction Board
  3. Hello everyone. (CYOA news inside)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived