Stuck in window mode

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. RollerCoaster Tycoon
  3. Stuck in window mode

User Info: Forbidden_Spell

Forbidden_Spell
9 years ago#1
I'm playing on a Vista laptop and the game runs fine, but I can't get out of window mode. Even if i set the options menu to a different resolution, its switches back to window on the spot. any ideas?
We require more intelligence. Build more schools. -Zulgaines Starcraft II forum
Forbidden Spell wins epicly. - MC_Brian1

User Info: sonic479

sonic479
9 years ago#2
It is probably because the current resolution on your laptop is not compatible with the game's resolution. If this is the case you can try to do two things:

1. You can try to change the resolution on your laptop to match with the game's.

or

2. For the program of RCT, right-click on it to Properties. Under compatibility, check off the box that says about using it in 640 x 480 resolution.
*insert sig here*

Forbidden_Spell
9 years ago#3
1. You can try to change the resolution on your laptop to match with the game's.
Tried it, no luck.

2. For the program of RCT, right-click on it to Properties. Under compatibility, check off the box that says about using it in 640 x 480 resolution.
I didn't have it set to run in 640 x 480. Tried it on and off with no luck. Any other ideas?

sonic479
9 years ago#4
I don't as of now. Sorry.

Does it immediately go into window mode after loading the game (as in it pops up in window mode)? Or does the screen blink a little before going into window mode?
*insert sig here*

Forbidden_Spell
9 years ago#5
Straight into window mode. I was hoping i could modify a config file to force it into... something. Older games sometimes have easy access config files, but not this game. Not really sure what to do now :(

sonic479
9 years ago#6
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

sonic479
9 years ago#7
I don't have a clue either. Sorry.

This game is not meant to be played on Vista so it is expected that you would encounter problems. Unfortunately, very few solutions exist.
*insert sig here*

Forbidden_Spell
9 years ago#8
I tried running it in safe mode. it loaded in window, I set full-screen and it worked! then i restarted the computer in regular-mode. Run the game... and back to a window.

I wonder if something running in the background is causing it.

sonic479
9 years ago#9
Probably, but it's great that you found a lead. I guess now you could use the process of elimination and figure out what is causing it.
*insert sig here*

Forbidden_Spell
9 years ago#10
I installed Spore creature creator... wonder if securom is doing it? I tried ending all the tasks i could from ctrl+alt+del... no luck. I wish i could just access the config file and force it open in fullscreen.
  1. Boards
  2. RollerCoaster Tycoon
  3. Stuck in window mode

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived