Possible to edit "Scenario Won By" name?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. RollerCoaster Tycoon
  3. Possible to edit "Scenario Won By" name?

User Info: EveMG

EveMG
9 years ago#1
When we typed in our names after winning a few of the scenarios, it didn't take and now it just says "Scenario Won by with a company value of...." on the New Game screen. (It worked fine with other scenarios.) Is there any way to get into the files and fix this? I'd really like the right names to be there.

We're playing RCT1 with no add-ons, patches, etc, and using Windows Vista. Thank you!

User Info: sonic479

sonic479
9 years ago#2
No. Although you should be pretty precautious about it in the future. Your version of the game might not allow duplicate names.
*insert sig here*

User Info: Thorpe

Thorpe
9 years ago#3
I don't think there's a way but for some reason, the names used to disappear after a while for me.

EveMG
9 years ago#4
Sonic: not sure what you mean by being careful, I have my own name on several of the scenarios as "Completed by" but this happened to my daughter. She was able to get her name in twice (different versions of her name) but two of the times, whatever she typed in just disappeared.

User Info: sonic479

sonic479
9 years ago#5
Sonic: not sure what you mean by being careful, I have my own name on several of the scenarios as "Completed by" but this happened to my daughter. She was able to get her name in twice (different versions of her name) but two of the times, whatever she typed in just disappeared.
That's precisely it. In some versions of RollerCoaster Tycoon, it will not allow duplicate names (as in typing the same exact name in the exact same way) so it ends up placing a blank or something else instead. Your daughter's name was able to show up twice because you did not the exact same name twice.

You could try solving this by placing a space before or after your name. See if that will help. But that would mean you can't do the same thing the next time you complete another scenario. So you got to put more spaces after then. So, using my forum name as an example, this would be what you put in:
( "_" this means a space to make it stand out for the post. Do not do this on your records unless you want to.)

_sonic479
_ _sonic479
_ _ _sonic479

And so on. Likewise I could do this:

sonic479_
sonic479_ _
sonic479_ _ _

And so on. But you cannot repeat any of them after you have done that way for typing your name.
*insert sig here*

EveMG
9 years ago#6
Okay that makes sense now. Crazy that RCT does it - but your example makes sense. :) Thanks, I will try that for the future.
  1. Boards
  2. RollerCoaster Tycoon
  3. Possible to edit "Scenario Won By" name?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived