Is it possible to extract models from the code?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Homeworld
  3. Is it possible to extract models from the code?

User Info: chazhile

chazhile
9 years ago#1
I'm sure that this question has come up several times. I just wanted to find out if the dimensions and skins for the various craft could be taken from the code. I found a program that converts a computer animated object into a fold-able paper form. I figure that from there, I can make a better, solid figure with the actual, measurable dimensions. I will be grateful for any response, even if it is just to call me a 'stupidy dum-dum jerk-face jive turkey monkey too the nth degree' (I really ought to coin that phrase you know...). If you need to know what version of Homeworld I'm using or what the paper converter program is called, just tell me.

p.s. If you do find a way to do this, please write down step by step instructions using small words, I am new to the art of fiddling with little bits of coding.
It is my personal belief that I have no beliefs! All who say otherwise are believed to be something I don't believe in!

User Info: viper0982

viper0982
9 years ago#2
if you get bigviewer you can extract the big file which contains all the lod files for the ships. I dont know what you would use to open those because they are .lif files or something
  1. Boards
  2. Homeworld
  3. Is it possible to extract models from the code?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived