I didn't like Senran Kagura, should I buy this ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni
  3. I didn't like Senran Kagura, should I buy this ?

User Info: gatooo

gatooo
1 year ago#1
Hello.

Some time ago, I bought Shinovi Versus on Vita. There was a sale and a lot a people was saying that the game is very good and all that.

Well, I didn't bought it because of the boobies, I bought it because the gameplay seemed cool and I love those kind of beat'em up emphasing on destroying trash mobs, I was a huge fan of Musou during the PS2-era and I'm a huge fan of Sengoku Basara ... But I was utterly disappointed by it.

I felt that character's movelists was pretty poor, characters weren't really different from each other and the game felt too simple and easy.

But now, I'm kinda hyped by Valkyrie Drive. I don't really know why though. The gameplay seems kind of different and a bit more complex than SK. But I don't really know if it would be enough to please me and I'm affraid to be disappointed again

So, is the game really that different from SK ? Is it more complex than SK ? I'm not asking for something that can keep up with Sengoku Basara (I think Sengoku Basara is really the best game in the genre), but at least, something that requires some skill to beat it (at least on hard) and makes me want to complete it.

Thanks.

User Info: mikhdrag

mikhdrag
1 year ago#2
It's boobies game as usual. About the combo I personally like Valkyrie Drive better, normal attack is more reliable unlike SK. There's complex movelist but it's just for evading and you don't have to master it to beat the game other than that it's the usual musou game. There's giant bosses in this game so you don't only mash button against weak mobs
PSN ID : mikhdrag -- psnprofiles.com/mikhdrag --

User Info: IAznDragonI Yan

IAznDragonI Yan
1 year ago#3
you probably won't like this game if you didn't like senran kagura. save that $39.99 for some other game
If it's to keep this joy alive...I'll betray anything and anyone
- Micchy

User Info: Juihau

Juihau
1 year ago#4
You might like it. I'd say it's probably like...a 20% chance you'll like it. It's definitely got more depth to it than SV, so there's that.

User Info: Primal_Hunter

Primal_Hunter
1 year ago#5
gatooo posted...
Hello.

Some time ago, I bought Shinovi Versus on Vita. There was a sale and a lot a people was saying that the game is very good and all that.

Well, I didn't bought it because of the boobies, I bought it because the gameplay seemed cool and I love those kind of beat'em up emphasing on destroying trash mobs, I was a huge fan of Musou during the PS2-era and I'm a huge fan of Sengoku Basara ... But I was utterly disappointed by it.

I felt that character's movelists was pretty poor, characters weren't really different from each other and the game felt too simple and easy.

But now, I'm kinda hyped by Valkyrie Drive. I don't really know why though. The gameplay seems kind of different and a bit more complex than SK. But I don't really know if it would be enough to please me and I'm affraid to be disappointed again

So, is the game really that different from SK ? Is it more complex than SK ? I'm not asking for something that can keep up with Sengoku Basara (I think Sengoku Basara is really the best game in the genre), but at least, something that requires some skill to beat it (at least on hard) and makes me want to complete it.

Thanks.

The game is more a character action game than a musou game. Thus, the gameplay is considerably deeper than SV with a heavy emphasis on movement.

So, if you enjoy games like DMC then you will definitely have fun with it but if you're looking a musou, then this game won't satisfy you.

User Info: Game Jester

Game Jester
1 year ago#6
IAznDragonI Yan posted...
you probably won't like this game if you didn't like senran kagura. save that $39.99 for some other game

Gonna have to agree with this. While a step up from the SK series it still doesn't hold a candle to true musou games.

User Info: Primal_Hunter

Primal_Hunter
1 year ago#7
Well I mean, is not a musou game

User Info: Rottenrocker

Rottenrocker
1 year ago#8
If you didn't like SK (your loss) then VD isn't the game for you.

User Info: Jeannie13

Jeannie13
1 year ago#9
Something to consider: Shinovi Versus was only the second game in the SK series. Though I don't know how SK2 and Estival Versus may have changed the core of the game if at all.
Most Recent Platinums: Rogue Galaxy, Salt and Sanctuary, Valkyria Chronicles, Odin Sphere

User Info: Ace_Defective

Ace_Defective
1 year ago#10
Jeannie13 posted...
Something to consider: Shinovi Versus was only the second game in the SK series. Though I don't know how SK2 and Estival Versus may have changed the core of the game if at all.

SK2 considerably tweaked the mechanics making characters more different and unique from one another at the cost of a smaller roster but the genral flow of the game is still the same (fight baddies, proceed to next area till you reach boss, rinse and repeat). EV regressed back to the barebones samey moveset like SV with the improvements focused on the eye candy instead of combat mechanics, which is pretty disappointing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8kWgT9fduA <3
RoF fan for life, dreaming of a sequel 'till death
  1. Boards
  2. Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni
  3. I didn't like Senran Kagura, should I buy this ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived