Vidofnir and Storm Dragon (Cathedral Unique Monster Count)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
  3. Vidofnir and Storm Dragon (Cathedral Unique Monster Count)

User Info: Damthiel

Damthiel
1 year ago#11
nel107 posted...
zzenigmaxzz posted...
nel107 posted...
Bump.

its a phoenix liek bird monster in the 2nd phase of the cathedrals, there are 5 total versions of it so make sure you get the one in the sohma region before progression too far in the story since alot of people miss that one since you have no reason really to go there during the chapters its available

I'm probably too far ahead already. I'm at the part where I just rescued Relia for the final time and I'm on my way to Symbological Facility Prime to look for Feria.

So let me know if I'm too far ahead or not.

That's where I am too, I'm also curious if I've missed one or not.

Since the topic is open, does anyone know how the Cathedrals work? The reason why I stopped looking for them is because I was under the impression that the "old" ones get new enemies via story progression (like all other enemies). I went into the one in Central Resulia at the beginning of the game, defeated Eyebalone, then went back to the portal when new enemies were in Resulia, only to find the same Eyebalone. At that point I resigned to only go into the portals when I saw one in a new area.

This lead me to think that the portals will always lead to the same enemies, regardless of story progression. Although reading these posts how some are missable, that doesn't seem like its accurate either. Combine that with their seemingly random occurrence of them appearing in the area in the first place, is the concept just to reload the area over and over within a certain time-frame to make sure you don't miss anything?

Also, how many Eyebalones are there? I read from a previous post there were 3, but some verification would be appreciated.

Damthiel
1 year ago#12
nel107 posted...
zzenigmaxzz posted...
nel107 posted...
Bump.

its a phoenix liek bird monster in the 2nd phase of the cathedrals, there are 5 total versions of it so make sure you get the one in the sohma region before progression too far in the story since alot of people miss that one since you have no reason really to go there during the chapters its available

I'm probably too far ahead already. I'm at the part where I just rescued Relia for the final time and I'm on my way to Symbological Facility Prime to look for Feria.

So let me know if I'm too far ahead or not.

Sorry for the double-post, I do hate answering my own questions.

So like I said I'm at the same part (which is "Using Verbal Cues" in the Synopsis section of the Resources tab), and I found out that I was missing 3 versions of Vidofnir - the level 45, 50 (I think), and 55 versions. I decided to just go and explore to find these, and I found out you do still have access to at least these 3 at this point.

The level 55 Vidofnir was indeed in Sohma; the level 45 was in the Coast of Minoz; and the level 50 was in Central Resulia. I'm doing this off of memory as I just completed all three a little while ago, so I'm pretty sure the level 50 one was in Central Resulia, but someone may need to correct me (I feel fairly confident about the other 2).

So that does answer my question that the Cathedrals do get new enemies at some point in the story (making certain enemies missable), but apparently it may not necessarily match up with the other enemies changing.

User Info: Nayiko

Nayiko
1 year ago#13
It changes at specific chapters/events in the story. I think Eyebalone only has 3 entries, but I'm not entirely sure and can't look at the book right now.

The cutoff for phase 2/Vidnofir is entering the Signesilica. Once you enter there, the CoO shifts to it's final phase.
PSN: Seirno / FFRK: ty4B - Black Materia/Fabled Song/SG/Hallowed Bolt/Shout - always updated for synergy

User Info: nel107

nel107
1 year ago#14
Nayiko posted...
It changes at specific chapters/events in the story. I think Eyebalone only has 3 entries, but I'm not entirely sure and can't look at the book right now.

The cutoff for phase 2/Vidnofir is entering the Signesilica. Once you enter there, the CoO shifts to it's final phase.

What are Eyebalone, where can I fight them?
{~<| PSN: VinylExplosion |>~}
"Destiny calls! Do you dare witness its aurora? Majestic Gate!" ~King Richard

User Info: MasterGraiden

MasterGraiden
1 year ago#15
nel107 posted...
Nayiko posted...

The eyebalone is the phase one boss of the cathedral of oblivion and can only be fought during that phase, he has three separate entries a lvl 25, 30, and 35 I believe.
If the CoO boss is Vidnofnir you won't be able to fight eyebalone, unfortunately I can't remember the phase one cutoff.
"Are signatures meant to be amusing, comical, nonsensical or completely original? Oh well I can never decide."
https://www.youtube.com/user/Heivrach

User Info: nel107

nel107
1 year ago#16
MasterGraiden posted...
nel107 posted...
Nayiko posted...

The eyebalone is the phase one boss of the cathedral of oblivion and can only be fought during that phase, he has three separate entries a lvl 25, 30, and 35 I believe.
If the CoO boss is Vidnofnir you won't be able to fight eyebalone, unfortunately I can't remember the phase one cutoff.

Oh well, I'll do another Galaxy run for clean up purposes to get the trophies.
{~<| PSN: VinylExplosion |>~}
"Destiny calls! Do you dare witness its aurora? Majestic Gate!" ~King Richard

User Info: siliticx

siliticx
1 year ago#17
Does anyone know the cutoff for phase 1?
Or when I should start looking for the phase 2?

User Info: Shybaason

Shybaason
1 year ago#18
DarkRPGMaster posted...

Up until the Siege of Eastern Trei'kur in Chapter 6, it's the Eyebalone. After that event until right before you reunite Relia with her parents, it's the Vidofnir. After that for the rest of the game is it the Storm Dragon.
from a really old thread :x it's accurate enough

Damthiel
1 year ago#19
Hmm, I think I may have missed a Storm Dragon.

Anyone out there know what Avian entry 32 is? I'm guessing it's a level 100 Storm Dragon, but I could be wrong.

If that is the case, does anyone know where to find it?
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
  3. Vidofnir and Storm Dragon (Cathedral Unique Monster Count)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived