About to start the game, is there anything I should know to watch out for?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
  3. About to start the game, is there anything I should know to watch out for?

User Info: Aceviper

Aceviper
1 year ago#1
Like is there something very easily missed if you didn't go back somewhere at a specific time

and how important are private actions? Will not doing some lock you out of things like endings or items?

User Info: siliticx

siliticx
1 year ago#2
Press O to sprint.
6x wire is nice to synth.
PAS are à huge waste of time.
No need to rush quests you can't miss any.
Purple portals are cathedrals of oblivion. These are hard make sure you save before entering. Also they have 3 difficulties throughout the game, make sure to do all 3 as the bosses change.

User Info: rYogAz

rYogAz
1 year ago#3
siliticx posted...
Also they have 3 difficulties throughout the game

Could you share the specific time frame for all portals?

User Info: Omega8732

Omega8732
1 year ago#4
Some pa's give new roles so not all are waste of time
PSN:BrowneyVanHoozer

User Info: burqawitz

burqawitz
1 year ago#5
rYogAz posted...
siliticx posted...
Also they have 3 difficulties throughout the game

Could you share the specific time frame for all portals?

Chapters 3-6 have an Eyebalone boss
Chapters 7-10 have a Vidofnir boss
Chapters 11+ have a Storm Dragon boss.

There are 6 Cathedrals of Oblivion. You can only access the first 3 in Ch. 3-6. You'll be able to access 5 before you reach Ch. 7-10, and of course all 6 by the end of the game.

If you're trying to fill out your bestiary, you need to fight each boss, because there are 3 different entries for Eybalone - at different levels - 5 entries for Vidofnir - and 6 for Storm Dragon.

The Storm Dragons ones you can save until post game - or you'll end up way overleveled.

But the others need to be fought by the end of Ch. 6 for Eyebalones and end of Ch. 10 for Vidofnir.

User Info: burqawitz

burqawitz
1 year ago#6
Omega8732 posted...
Some pa's give new roles so not all are waste of time

Some PA's give some very important roles.

Poltroon (coward) is one of my favorite roles. It makes a character run away from enemies and stay back from the fighting. It unlocks Skulker when it levels up, which is even better. It does the same thing, with the added bonus that it makes enemies less likely to target that character.

Your spellcasters are much more useful once you have roles on them that keep them out of harms way.

User Info: Roufas2008

Roufas2008
1 year ago#7
PA's give a lot more insight and depth to the characters as well, contrary to the hordes that avoid them to finish the game asap, I must say I am having quite the fun watching them all. Laughed out loud in a lot.

User Info: 120storiesIN1

120storiesIN1
1 year ago#8
All the haters

User Info: Zed7777ZR1

Zed7777ZR1
1 year ago#9
Roufas2008 posted...
PA's give a lot more insight and depth to the characters as well, contrary to the hordes that avoid them to finish the game asap, I must say I am having quite the fun watching them all. Laughed out loud in a lot.

Yes. I was so very curious to know if Anne found her Kitty. Or that she was planning to give someone a gift that had something about kittens in them.

Oh how I was on the edge of my seat wanting to know if Vicktor was a closet Homosexual.,

And Emmorson ... Damn that Wiley Emmerson and his womanizing. Couldn't have enjoyed the game if I didn't know he was just like any other womanizing character in any Japanese game.

Boy oh boy, Miki and her cliche'd generic , rehashed , overdone , shortcomings. I may have not understood why the villian was doing his things if Miki did not tell us that she wanted to eat so many foods because she's a cook.

Want more indepth? Well you can't get more nonexistent character development than knowing about Fiore telling you every goddamn time that she wants to research. Because research is life ...

Sure ... I learned a lot about the one dimensional characters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmM6rQn6Qkc Updated 10/03/2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnHvXqQQNZE BO3 Sword Montage. The True Fury Song.

User Info: panforis

panforis
1 year ago#10
geeze why did you even play this then i mean it seems you didnt like one of the biggest aspects of a game in this 1, the characters, and please don't be one of those ppl who says you dont play a game for story or characters because thats rediculous a game, like any form of media, is a combination of several different aspects and to do something when you hate 2/3 or 3/4 of it is just a waste.

Now that may not be you you may have just misjudged this one for your tastes but I'm just tired of hearing that excuse and reason ppl use for games now days.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness
  3. About to start the game, is there anything I should know to watch out for?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived