Xtreme Recipe Bug

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Xtreme Recipe Bug

User Info: Kerbatron

Kerbatron
10 months ago#1
After encountering this myself, I've noticed that very few people online encountered a weird bug where the Nuka-Xtreme Recipe essentially disappears from it's spawn point. I've read that it falls through the geometry, possibly landing in the room beneath it's spawn point, with the mascots and a big yellow box jiggy in the corner, and with others saying a few shots or explosions will free it if you still cannot get to it. I've tried looking around the immediate area, shooting possible spots with explosive rounds, resting elsewhere in hopes of the cells resetting with the book popping up, repeatedly loading, all to no luck whatsoever.

Has anyone here encountered this annoying bug? It's the only recipe I'm missing for the Beverageer trophy, and I foolishly didn't manually save before starting the dlc (I should know better with a Bethesda RPG, I know). Hopefully this will be fixed, but who knows.
"Perhaps f*** off might be too kind."

User Info: SkyChat

SkyChat
10 months ago#2
I picked up Sunrise and it seems to be gone from inventory, I cannot craft either. Typical Bethesda quality.
Fusion Genesis - One Man's Lie

User Info: gammeray

gammeray
10 months ago#3
Bump this is a important issue. The same thing happened to nuka-cooler recipe in the star market. Unable to retrieve it to unlock the final recipe for the trophy.
PSN-gammeray36

Kerbatron
10 months ago#4
Agreed, it's pretty annoying for something tied to a trophy to be bugged

User Info: Dooter

Dooter
10 months ago#5
It happened to me for the Xtreme recipe. It clips down through the table and roof and through the yellow box thing and then under the floor below. I used the power armor no clip glitch to enter into the yellow box thing from the outside wall and sure enough there it was under the floor. I could see it (when you're inside a wall the boundaries still exist, but they're often invisible), but even though I was standing right on top of it I couldn't interact with it. I was standing on the floor it was below. So I started shooting at it with an explosive combat rifle which slowly moved it (while also nearly killing me every time I fired). Eventually it flipped up above the floor level and I was able to grab it.

I have read of others just shooting at the yellow thing with explosive weapons and the recipe popping out on the other side in the street. That didn't work for me no matter how much I shot it or from what angle. I had to go in. Best of luck, gentlemen.

Kerbatron
10 months ago#6
Power armor no clip glitch you say? I'm gonna look into that.

Dooter
10 months ago#7
Kerbatron posted...
Power armor no clip glitch you say? I'm gonna look into that.

Yeah, I learned it just for this problem. Had heard of it, but never used it. It got pretty easy once I got the hang of it.

Basically you face perpendicular to the wall you want to clip through and have your gun out (makes swiveling your view easier). Make sure your back isn't obstructed. Then you press X which starts the exit animation and you immediately swing your camera around so that your back is now facing the wall you want to clip through. By the time the animation finishes you've turned and Bob's your uncle. I found it much easier if you're in first person view.

You can also use this to get the special X0-1 without collecting the star cores. The way you get out once you've clipped in is fast travel. If you're survival then just run around in there jumping up and down and pushing against the walls and corners hoping for the best. Often if you're inside a wall you can manage to pop out again. If it's a room, it's much less likely.

Kerbatron
10 months ago#8
I SAW THE BOOK! I used the glitch, I can see it, but I can't get to it. It was located underneath the yellow box, as well as the floor boards. I'm gonna another spot lol.

Kerbatron
10 months ago#9
And I got it! Finally! Thank you Dooter!

For a while, I could see it, but could not reach it. So the last time I went into the wall/yellow box I shot at it with my submachine gun with explosive rounds until it eventually popped up into that area between the yellow box and cart, and I was finally able to grab it.

Thanks again Dooter, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have known about, let alone tried, the glitch in the first place.
Now to make my drinks, and then finally be at 100% for Fallout 4!

Dooter
10 months ago#10
Kerbatron posted...
And I got it! Finally! Thank you Dooter!

For a while, I could see it, but could not reach it. So the last time I went into the wall/yellow box I shot at it with my submachine gun with explosive rounds until it eventually popped up into that area between the yellow box and cart, and I was finally able to grab it.

Thanks again Dooter, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have known about, let alone tried, the glitch in the first place.
Now to make my drinks, and then finally be at 100% for Fallout 4!

Happy to help. That's just how I had to do it.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Xtreme Recipe Bug

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived