Anyone know the update details? Some good news, though.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
  3. Anyone know the update details? Some good news, though.

User Info: Thorgonator

Thorgonator
1 year ago#51
Got the "Red Key of Doom" from the 50 star chest (they really need to make it so you can hold 100 stars, I had 49 stars when I went into the last match, and earned 6 more, meaning that 5 were pointlessly lost) and unlocked the Trial of Hot Doom, which involves running a gauntlet of platforms that periodically heat up and kill you if you're standing on them at the time. I found a code at the end, which unlocked a small challenge wave of gnomes and a Giga Gnome as a mini-boss.

My reward was one of the gnome statues surrounding the gnome king's throne exploding and leaving a portal behind, which led to a chest containing a legendary hat for the Footsoldier. It was actually a reasonably difficult challenge, and I'm wondering what will happen when I eventually get the other 3 keys and complete all 4 challenges. Better be worth it, lol.
Welcome to the Badass Crater of Badassitude, Badass!-Mr. Torgue http://tinyurl.com/Thorgsthingthings
(PSN: Thorgonator) (4253-3486-9440) Y:1415, 0716 AS:3427

Thorgonator
1 year ago#52
Oh, and really, they need to put a character select booth in the gnome realm, I literally had to return to the backyard and run all the way back to switch characters. Speaking of which, if you get the red key trial, play as an Imp. Seriously.
Welcome to the Badass Crater of Badassitude, Badass!-Mr. Torgue http://tinyurl.com/Thorgsthingthings

User Info: Caldo15

Caldo15
1 year ago#53
This DLC is really annoying, I opened the 2 chest and got nothing, just glasses for my plants, then I saved 50 rainbow stars and got 3 more accessories, NO KEYS!!!! WTF???

User Info: phineasfool

phineasfool
1 year ago#54
Thorgonator posted...
Got the "Red Key of Doom" from the 50 star chest (they really need to make it so you can hold 100 stars, I had 49 stars when I went into the last match, and earned 6 more, meaning that 5 were pointlessly lost) and unlocked the Trial of Hot Doom, which involves running a gauntlet of platforms that periodically heat up and kill you if you're standing on them at the time. I found a code at the end, which unlocked a small challenge wave of gnomes and a Giga Gnome as a mini-boss.

My reward was one of the gnome statues surrounding the gnome king's throne exploding and leaving a portal behind, which led to a chest containing a legendary hat for the Footsoldier. It was actually a reasonably difficult challenge, and I'm wondering what will happen when I eventually get the other 3 keys and complete all 4 challenges. Better be worth it, lol.

When you need less than 5 stars just convert some regular stars with the seagull in the town hall. That's what I did when I got to 47 rainbow stars.

I got the green key which had a balance challenge. It was also easiest with the imp.
GT - phineasfool PSN - phineasfool

User Info: broodwars

broodwars
1 year ago#55
When you're Thorgonator posted...
Oh, and really, they need to put a character select booth in the gnome realm, I literally had to return to the backyard and run all the way back to switch characters. Speaking of which, if you get the red key trial, play as an Imp. Seriously.

When you're in a trial, you can just hit Option and select to respawn as a different character. Yeah, you can't do it in the main Trial area, but you CAN within the trails themselves.

Thorgonator
1 year ago#56
phineasfool posted...
Thorgonator posted...

When you need less than 5 stars just convert some regular stars with the seagull in the town hall. That's what I did when I got to 47 rainbow stars.

I got the green key which had a balance challenge. It was also easiest with the imp.

the time spent to farm 7 stars to convert is more than the match took to farm one.

User Info: phineasfool

phineasfool
1 year ago#57
Thorgonator posted...
phineasfool posted...
Thorgonator posted...

the time spent to farm 7 stars to convert is more than the match took to farm one.

I just always have some now, plus I didn't enjoy the cats vs dinos mode.
GT - phineasfool PSN - phineasfool

Thorgonator
1 year ago#58
phineasfool posted...
I just always have some now, plus I didn't enjoy the cats vs dinos mode.

yeah, the mode sucks because the AFKers make it absolutely awful. But with time spent farming, I'd rather just use my stars to buy levels as needed.

User Info: meetmenow

meetmenow
1 year ago#59
I've lucked out and have received 2 keys so far (blue and green)

Green is definitely the hardest. It's a balance trial. Use imp for it and no one else!

Blue was a memory trial. I had to get help from someone lol. My nephew would memorize the last three symbols and I would remember the first 4.

I received a Legendary hat for Corn in the green trial and a backyard customization (zombie) for the green trial.

User Info: SeekAndDestroy2

SeekAndDestroy2
1 year ago#60
How often does Rux sell things in the sewer? I have only seen him the first time.
We're living at the mercy of the pain and the fear,
Until we dead it, forget it, let it all disappear.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
  3. Anyone know the update details? Some good news, though.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
MultiplayerWingcommander-n612/6 5:56PM