Why are people ******* to new players?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Why are people ******* to new players?

User Info: Zanaki

Zanaki
4 weeks ago#1
My friends wanted to get into the game, but every time we even attempt co-op some b**** with nothing better to do, who probably beat the game on a lvl 10 character, has the best low lvl gear you can get with as many extus as possible invade.

And then the f*** bois will run around and get enemies to fight you because they can't even face new lvl players.

I never noticed how lame estus spamming was, you can't even punish it anymore. Very frustrating experience.
A game of league just feels weird when you don't have to report anyone afterwards. - Coxydon

User Info: ErichPryde

ErichPryde
4 weeks ago#2
Once the fish takes the bait, we give it a good 5- to 10-second count before we set the hook. This gives the shark time to get the bait set in its mouth. We set the hook by first reeling tight and then giving two hard pumps to make sure the hook is through the thick part of the jaw. Once hooked up, the most important thing to remember is to stay tight on the fish. With braided line, setting the hook and keeping the line tight is much easier than it was with monofilament and its inherent stretch.
I like getting invaded because it's like a crazy game of hide-and-seek where one of us murders the other at the end. -Marshmellow111

User Info: namewitheld

namewitheld
4 weeks ago#3
Ha. If this board was more active youd get a billion replies calling you a scrub and a billion more replying to them saying invaders are twinking dicks. As it is you'll probably just get epic may mays (memes otherwise known as - bulls*** or cliches or catchphrases or quotes from the movie films).

Assuming this is a legit ' grrr angry ' post - the game prioritizes people doing co-op for invasion, it also roughly matches SL level and gear level for said. Twinks dont really exist anymore because the type of s***ter who wants to twink cant complete the game at low soul levels, it was a problem in the past because people used save editors to give themselves +15 s***.

Zanaki
4 weeks ago#4
namewitheld posted...
Ha. If this board was more active youd get a billion replies calling you a scrub and a billion more replying to them saying invaders are twinking dicks. As it is you'll probably just get epic may mays (memes otherwise known as - bulls*** or cliches or catchphrases or quotes from the movie films).

Assuming this is a legit ' grrr angry ' post - the game prioritizes people doing co-op for invasion, it also roughly matches SL level and gear level for said. Twinks dont really exist anymore because the type of s***ter who wants to twink cant complete the game at low soul levels, it was a problem in the past because people used save editors to give themselves +15 s***.

The real issue is when they have 1000 estus flasks and you only have 2. They win by chugging and it pisses me the f*** off how bad they are. -_-
A game of league just feels weird when you don't have to report anyone afterwards. - Coxydon

User Info: namewitheld

namewitheld
4 weeks ago#5
Invaders only get half of their total estus, meaning 7 maximum. Granted thats still a s*** load of healing if you cant stop them but whilst theyre healing they cant hurt you.

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
4 weeks ago#6
Zanaki posted...
namewitheld posted...

The real issue is when they have 1000 estus flasks and you only have 2. They win by chugging and it pisses me the f*** off how bad they are. -_-

Try invading... instead of them having 1000 estus, they have 2100 estus, and friends...

I literally started a new character, and invaded as soon as I got 5 CREOs from Leonhart.

Invasion 1: Pair of guys going through the level. I swing at them, absolutely nothing, they hit me several times, I roll away, they take damage... Goodie. Unsuccessful.

Invasion 2: Something dies as I enter, there's a host, a password summoned white, a password summoned red, and a red. I try to fight, but the red dies, and the host summons another password red, and they all proceed to smush me. Unsuccessful.

Invasion 3: Probably the best chance I had of the five invasions to win, just two guys, no lag, no twinking, nothin' but a fight. I got cornered and died, after draining probably both of them of all their estus. Unsuccessful.

Invasion 4: I... honestly don't remember... but I remember them being password summoned phantoms :\ Unsuccessful.

Invasion 5: Yet more password summoned phantoms. But... the host was a f***ing idiot. He ran around, not attacking, letting me peg him over and over and over... The phantoms got one swing at me, but for some reason mostly stood back. Ended in me plunging the host. It was a success.

I was lucky, that was my last chance for a tongue before actually leaving the high wall. Without someone dropping me stuff, I couldn't invade until I could farm CREOs or nab the tongue in the settlement. Silly thing is, I still have to go to the settlement in order for Leonhart to come back and give me the key to get the REO... But that was all I wanted out of that. Without having more than the 6 estus I had (3 in a host's world... I do a tree jump to get the sixth), it was pretty damn tough to get any headway against the phantoms who might each have 7, and good defenses.

And when I have actually gone to get about 12 estus at level +8 (or something like that), and invade with REO, I sometimes get people who can't damage me, because I finally went out to get things like the prisoner's chain, and other goodies. SL 10 invasions are still imbalanced... Though, to be fair, it doesn't really compare to a +10 chaos weapon with vigor gouged in DkS1, and 99 humanity, and +10 armor... That s*** was nuts.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: Moeperry

Moeperry
4 weeks ago#7
ErichPryde posted...
Once the fish takes the bait, we give it a good 5- to 10-second count before we set the hook. This gives the shark time to get the bait set in its mouth. We set the hook by first reeling tight and then giving two hard pumps to make sure the hook is through the thick part of the jaw. Once hooked up, the most important thing to remember is to stay tight on the fish. With braided line, setting the hook and keeping the line tight is much easier than it was with monofilament and its inherent stretch.

I too am upset by this!
First official gfaqs complainer of shinobi

Zanaki
4 weeks ago#8
Button_Masher_Z posted...
Zanaki posted...
namewitheld posted...

Try invading... instead of them having 1000 estus, they have 2100 estus, and friends...

I literally started a new character, and invaded as soon as I got 5 CREOs from Leonhart.

Invasion 1: Pair of guys going through the level. I swing at them, absolutely nothing, they hit me several times, I roll away, they take damage... Goodie. Unsuccessful.

Invasion 2: Something dies as I enter, there's a host, a password summoned white, a password summoned red, and a red. I try to fight, but the red dies, and the host summons another password red, and they all proceed to smush me. Unsuccessful.

Invasion 3: Probably the best chance I had of the five invasions to win, just two guys, no lag, no twinking, nothin' but a fight. I got cornered and died, after draining probably both of them of all their estus. Unsuccessful.

Invasion 4: I... honestly don't remember... but I remember them being password summoned phantoms :\ Unsuccessful.

Invasion 5: Yet more password summoned phantoms. But... the host was a f***ing idiot. He ran around, not attacking, letting me peg him over and over and over... The phantoms got one swing at me, but for some reason mostly stood back. Ended in me plunging the host. It was a success.

I was lucky, that was my last chance for a tongue before actually leaving the high wall. Without someone dropping me stuff, I couldn't invade until I could farm CREOs or nab the tongue in the settlement. Silly thing is, I still have to go to the settlement in order for Leonhart to come back and give me the key to get the REO... But that was all I wanted out of that. Without having more than the 6 estus I had (3 in a host's world... I do a tree jump to get the sixth), it was pretty damn tough to get any headway against the phantoms who might each have 7, and good defenses.

And when I have actually gone to get about 12 estus at level +8 (or something like that), and invade with REO, I sometimes get people who can't damage me, because I finally went out to get things like the prisoner's chain, and other goodies. SL 10 invasions are still imbalanced... Though, to be fair, it doesn't really compare to a +10 chaos weapon with vigor gouged in DkS1, and 99 humanity, and +10 armor... That s*** was nuts.

True, against people who have played before it can be annoying, but still, we get like 2 embers and they just go to waste. xD

Ds1 was truly a nightmare for new players though lmao.

User Info: BasementDude

BasementDude
4 weeks ago#9
I had this problem. I only bought the game a few days ago and got invaded by the same guy several times at one point. It was incredibly annoying. Afterwards, I just placed my summon sign down and grinded embers from that tree boss. Now I don't particularly care anymore. My friends troll me harder now
number of e-huggies received today: 0
number of e-huggies wanted daily: 1,000,000 total e-huggies received: 2,001,013,917,878

User Info: godslayer88

godslayer88
4 weeks ago#10
Be thankful it's not so bad as it was in Dks1. Don't even think about going online if you're new to that game. The moment you get the "invaded" message you can kiss your progress goodbye. You think 7 Estus sucks? Try this:

-400 full heals (humanity)
-max upgraded weapons and armor
-TWoP (renders you unable to dodge and run)
-knowledge and abuse of broken lag backstabs
-stupidly OP hornet ring
-no seed of giants (as if that matters)
-OP darkmoonblade buffed Estoc+phantom range

This is why I've been through. You're crying over nothing from my perspective.
Ladies, stop whining when I kick you out cuss you start looking old. If it bothers you so much, marry an archaeologist.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Why are people ******* to new players?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived