Antisocial Social Interactions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Antisocial Social Interactions

User Info: Artemis86

Artemis86
2 months ago#1
It's amazing how much you can convey without being able to talk to each other in this game.

The other day, I invaded someone in the Catacombs. They had the wooden hammer equipped, which made me instantly like them. So, I decided to drop four Embers before we dueled or whatever so as not to set them back. So, I waved, dropped 'em, threw a prism stone on top, then walked back and waved again. He picked 'em up, so I bowed and used a resin on my axe to signal I'd like to duel.

That's when I noticed there was still something on the ground. Apparently, he'd dropped something to. So I picked it up. It was a couple of golden pine resins.

After a few seconds of mulling it over, I decided that'd do. I waved again, then BC'ed out. The random invasion turned into a trade, all thanks to a few emotes, some random items and a prism stone.

It really is amazing just how much can be communicated back and forth despite people's total inability to speak to one another, it's pretty neat, and something I've found to be basically unique to these games (I suppose you could get something similar in MMO's in a PvP server from a random gifter, but it just doesn't have that same unfettered feel of freedom to me). A couple of emotes can really express a lot, and completely change how an encounter goes down.

Anyone else have a random non-verbal social interaction with another random player that they found interesting like this? This was far from my first.
Love and joy, and joyness

User Info: Mr_D

Mr_D
2 months ago#2
L1L1L1L1L1Ll
I'm just a spectator. An advocate documenting the loss.

User Info: ErichPryde

ErichPryde
2 months ago#3
All the time. I wrote on article on non - verbal communication a while back that utilized examples from both the animal kingdom and dark souls.
Need help with Invasions? Just starting to invade? No problem. Try this: https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps4/168566-dark-souls-iii/faqs/73536

User Info: darth_-_yoshi

darth_-_yoshi
2 months ago#4
You should have buffed with the resin he gave you, savagely ripped him apart, & then pointed down at his fading corpse...like a real invader should

User Info: ErichPryde

ErichPryde
2 months ago#5
Mr_D posted...
L1L1L1L1L1Ll

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle
Just a little bit
Need help with Invasions? Just starting to invade? No problem. Try this: https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps4/168566-dark-souls-iii/faqs/73536

User Info: Artemis86

Artemis86
2 months ago#6
Mr_D posted...
L1L1L1L1L1Ll

*nods with understanding*

darth_-_yoshi posted...
You should have buffed with the resin he gave you, savagely ripped him apart, & then pointed down at his fading corpse...like a real invader should

I might next time. I like to keep it random.
Love and joy, and joyness

Mr_D
2 months ago#7
ErichPryde posted...
All the time. I wrote on article on non - verbal communication a while back that utilized examples from both the animal kingdom and dark souls.

Man this reminded me of this girl I dated a long time ago... Not sure the story is appropriate for gamefaqs. Not even sure if it's a story worth telling.

User Info: IIwintermuteII

IIwintermuteII
2 months ago#8
I invaded in the woods the other day,
Took out Heysel (which apparently was giving the host a hard time)
He jumped for joy.
I wiggled my sword at him and returned to my world.

I love dark souls.
PSN: franzkefka

Mr_D
2 months ago#9
IIwintermuteII posted...
Took out Heysel (which apparently was giving the host a hard time)

Confession: upon my recent return to dark souls 3 after many months... I died to heysel trying to parry him and then lost again after he broke my gaurd cause I blocked his pick with a bandit knife while too handing... Don't know what I was doing or what the Invaders standing by were thinking.

So then I summoned pink dude with a flamberg (name? I forgot :().. and I sacrificed whites and golds... One shot wa on Ng+

User Info: Juxtapose

Juxtapose
2 months ago#10
Getting people to point down at the ground in frustration is pretty satisfying. You can bait people into attacking you with Applause, L1 spam or Beckon. You can show people an empty ashen estus flask to make them think you're out of healing depending on your estus allotment.

Sometimes you can convert enemies to your side by waving and offering gifts. If you strip down to nothing and use a pickaxe on a wall sometimes other players will catch on and use a whip on you, playing slave and master.

Gestures are so much better than voice chat.
Chill out, Dr. Evil - _Angel_
I would never even consider justifying these vermin. - Keith_Valentine
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Antisocial Social Interactions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived