ME:A MP Bioware Twitch Livestream questions (July 27th Livestream)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. ME:A MP Bioware Twitch Livestream questions (July 27th Livestream)

User Info: BiggyDX

BiggyDX
3 months ago#1
This topic is devoted to players who may have questions regarding Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer.

Every Thursday, typically, Bioware will do a Twitch livestream of the games multiplayer, as well as detailing new APEX missions and any details for upcoming content and/or changes. During this time, the devs will answer some of the communities questions. This topic is intended to compile a list of questions from the Gamefaqs community, which I will then propose in the Bioware Twitch chat. Biowares livestream can be found here:

https://www.twitch.tv/bioware

Some things to keep in mind when coming up with a question:

1) Avoid asking about new content: This can include questions related to new characters, weapons, equipment & items, maps, challenges, etc. Bioware is very tight-lipped to give any of this information out, and it will likely go answered or amount to a simple, "No comment." You can, however, ask them about adding new features to the game.

2) Try not to be too general when asking for balance changes: Simply asking if "Will X weapon get a buff" normally amounts to a response from Bioware saying, 'We're looking into it'. Not a very rewarding answer. Instead, try to rationalize why said weapon/power/character/gear should be changed. You can also ask developers questions related to their mindset behind certain gameplay and balance decisions they've made.

3) Avoid making your question(s) too long: The more text that's in your question, the harder it will be for me to compress it and make it fit into the Twitch chat box. I believe the limit in the twitch chat box is around 350 characters. Be mindful of that when making your question(s).

At the bottom contains two links. One contains all of the questions asked by the GameFAQ's community, in addition to upcoming questions for the current weeks livestream. The other link below that will take you to a spreadsheet (created by BSN user JRandall) of ALL the previously answered questions that have been asked since the games launch; from other gaming communities and individuals. I highly recommend reading the stream question responses (if you're new), as this should help in focusing your questions, or potentially answering questions you may already have.

GameFAQ's Mass Effect: Andromeda Multiplayer Community Livestream Questions: https://goo.gl/DUjnsv
MEA Twitch Stream Question Responses (by JRandall): https://goo.gl/jvoEYR

NOTE: This topic is in preparation of the July 27th Livestream (tentative). Bioware is currently on a two-week break, and will not return until the week of the stated livestream.
Do you even Battleborn bruh?

User Info: BiggyDX

BiggyDX
3 months ago#2
So I'm pretty sure that there's going to be numerous questions regarding the new patch, as addition to a lot of criticism over its contents. Because of this, I plan on giving priority to these questions over the questions that I still have backlogged. A small number of questions were given an answer to in the July 6th livestream, and have been removed from the backlog.

As far as my opinions of the patch go, I find it a mixed bag.
Do you even Battleborn bruh?

User Info: SRR Capdown

SRR Capdown
3 months ago#3
Three general issues i know you're aware of; character card XIV displays as XV, syphon weapons not upgrading, veteran bonuses not being character specific.
Fire Bucket

User Info: Jedi_Mercenary

Jedi_Mercenary
3 months ago#4
SRR Capdown posted...
Three general issues i know you're aware of; character card XIV displays as XV, syphon weapons not upgrading, veteran bonuses not being character specific.

Does the Turian Soldier XX get better combos from ammo primers, or does his magnificent combo upgrade only apply to his Fortify? Or is it only applied if you detonate yourself?
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."

User Info: donkeyofdestiny

donkeyofdestiny
3 months ago#5
Minor thing, some weapons have the incorrect skin. for example vanilla halberd has the concussive skin and the siphon avenger has the bulwark pattern (though it is the correct color). Not gamebreaking or even a big deal obviously, but it is a bug.

Actual questions

can they please make power damage affect avenger strike or raise its base damage or something? melee does about the same damage with less wind up.

would they consider replacing fiends with a weaker variation of behemoths if they can't fix the crashing?

can we get a pack (or packs for each rarity) that gurantees a mod drop with no chance of weapons/characters? Mission funds only is a bit much, but i dont want the pool too diluted in other packs. other ideas are adding them to the pool after that rarity is maxed or letting them having a chance (not a gurantee since getting boosters is important) to drop in both supply packs
Well when a big ass car flies over your bird and craps on it! - My mom.
gt/psn: DonkeyOfDestiny

User Info: Genocalypse

Genocalypse
3 months ago#6
donkeyofdestiny posted...

would they consider replacing fiends with a weaker variation of behemoths if they can't fix the crashing?

Yeah, fiends crashing the game on wave 6 or 7 is getting pretty old...

User Info: Jedi_Mercenary

Jedi_Mercenary
3 months ago#7
Is there a SP variant of this topic? It is irritating when you have to activate the appropriate skill set to get a grenade refill from ammo boxes.
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."

User Info: Mr_Pipboy

Mr_Pipboy
3 months ago#8
Jedi_Mercenary posted...
Is there a SP variant of this topic? It is irritating when you have to activate the appropriate skill set to get a grenade refill from ammo boxes.

The live streams are held for multiplayer content and questions.
My signature is a bold statement.

User Info: Kuljack

Kuljack
3 months ago#9
SRR Capdown posted...

It is my opinion but I think the ranks in Siphon not providing a boost should be priority amongst the weapon questions. I know some other things are more important but it would be good to have this addressed being that it is such a staple thing to have now.
"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."

User Info: SubwooferKing

SubwooferKing
3 months ago#10
They're taking a 2 week break? Damn..
I gotta have me more boats and hos
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. ME:A MP Bioware Twitch Livestream questions (July 27th Livestream)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived