This game should have a sexual orientation setting

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. This game should have a sexual orientation setting

User Info: Uchiha_Hai

Uchiha_Hai
3 months ago#1
Seriously.

I am not a homosexual nor am I anti-homosexual, but some of these dialogue choices are catching me off guard. My male Ryder has now flirted aggressively with both Jaal and Liam off of some random seemingly just-friendly dialogue choices.

This s*** is really killing the mood in the game for me and not even mentioning the less than average storyline.

User Info: Mr_Pipboy

Mr_Pipboy
3 months ago#2
You don't want to join Liam for some "Just Friends" spooning?
My signature is a bold statement.

User Info: Kuljack

Kuljack
3 months ago#3
What the hell are you talking about?

Unless you choose the Heart icon responses, which is the flirting choice, none of the dialogue was even close to what you're talking about.

Unless you have some serious homophobic issues calm your t*** bro.
"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."

User Info: xo0Achilles0ox

xo0Achilles0ox
3 months ago#4
http://i.imgur.com/I2lUs1B.jpg
"He came at me with a knife. I put out my hand and - just so - made him into ash." - "The Gone" Warlock Bond, Destiny

User Info: zenandi

zenandi
3 months ago#5
Kuljack posted...
Unless you choose the Heart icon responses, which is the flirting choice, none of the dialogue was even close to what you're talking about.

The symbols on the wheels were never explained. Although I must agree the heart icon is self-explanatory.

For anyone who still need it, they are:

- Question mark: Explore more info about topic. Will not progress the conversation.
- Split arrows: Progress conversation. Will not return to current dialogue options if you pick these. So choose the Question marks first if you want.
- Buddy/buddy icon: Uh... build a better relationship. Whatever that means.
- Heart: Flirt.

Think that's all?

Kuljack
3 months ago#6
@zenandi

That's true. I haven't played SP for awhile but I did forget there are two different heart icons during the conversation.

They explain the basic four responses earlier on for the top left/right and bottom left/right responses so I could even see why the middle left option when a heart shows up being mistaken for just a basic emotional response if you didn't know better... but after the first I would think you might catch on.

http://assets.rpgsite.net/images/images/000/052/966/article/mass_effect_andromeda_conversation_icons.png

User Info: MRL3G3ND

MRL3G3ND
3 months ago#7
yeah he's right
there are people who are tolerant of other orientations
but hate it forced upon them
you don't have to be homophobic to not want to indulge in that culture or lifestyle

I myself made a mistake by choosing what I wanted to say without looking at the icon...now i'm in a gay relationship. I had to go back and play an hour ahead of that to avoid it. Thats unacceptable.

Its like the game wants you to experience that lifestyle so they put little booby traps all over the game

they should have gotten slammed for this
I play games for fun, not for social justice attacks
The Beauty of Fallout 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXWI8jil6mg

User Info: AMidnightBaker

AMidnightBaker
3 months ago#8
MRL3G3ND posted...
yeah he's right

No he's not.
MRL3G3ND posted...
but hate it forced upon them

It's not forced on you at all. It's very easily avoidable.
-Insert calm your t*** meme here-
MRL3G3ND posted...
I myself made a mistake by choosing what I wanted to say without looking at the icon...now i'm in a gay relationship. I had to go back and play an hour ahead of that to avoid it. Thats unacceptable.

So it's the game fault and it's forcing you, because you picked the 1 single dialogue option which was a flirt? Only one to blame is yourself and your eyes.
Besides there is no single flirt which suddenly puts you into a homosexual relationship. They are flirts. So unless you have done this "mistake" several times with that character it's a load of mumbo jumbo.

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder703/68309703.jpg

P.S Liam is not into men.
Manners. Always in the last place you look. Like stockings.

User Info: xo0Achilles0ox

xo0Achilles0ox
3 months ago#9
Thank you for purchasing Mass Effect: Andromeda! Before we begin your magic space adventure where your choices don't represent real life, please choose your sexual orientation:

1. Asexual
2. Bisexual
3. Heterosexual
4. Homosexual
5. Androphilia and gynephilia
6. Gray asexuality
7. Non-heterosexual
8. Pansexuality
9. Polysexuality
10. Queer
11. Hot blue alien chicks with nice tiddies that have mind sex (all of the above)
"He came at me with a knife. I put out my hand and - just so - made him into ash." - "The Gone" Warlock Bond, Destiny

Kuljack
3 months ago#10
xo0Achilles0ox posted...
Thank you for purchasing Mass Effect: Andromeda! Before we begin your magic space adventure where your choices don't represent real life, please choose your sexual orientation:

1. Asexual
2. Bisexual
3. Heterosexual
4. Homosexual
5. Androphilia and gynephilia
6. Gray asexuality
7. Non-heterosexual
8. Pansexuality
9. Polysexuality
10. Queer
11. Hot blue alien chicks with nice tiddies that have mind sex (all of the above)

http://media.giphy.com/media/344jgRBhEgMaQ/giphy.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. This game should have a sexual orientation setting

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived