This game should have a sexual orientation setting

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. This game should have a sexual orientation setting

User Info: Urdnot_Runt

Urdnot_Runt
3 months ago#11
I do not ever want to have to select a sexual orientation before starting any video game, ever.
GT: gethtones

User Info: MRL3G3ND

MRL3G3ND
3 months ago#12
Urdnot_Runt posted...
I do not ever want to have to select a sexual orientation before starting any video game, ever.

yeah it used to be like that...remember
The Beauty of Fallout 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXWI8jil6mg

User Info: Dyinglegacy

Dyinglegacy
3 months ago#13
xo0Achilles0ox posted...
Thank you for purchasing Mass Effect: Andromeda! Before we begin your magic space adventure where your choices don't represent real life, please choose your sexual orientation:

1. Heterosexual
2. Heterosexual
3. Heterosexual
4. Heterosexual
5. Heterosexual
6. Heterosexual
7. Heterosexual
8. Heterosexual
9. Heterosexual
10. Heterosexual
11. Heterosexual

More to TCs liking.
PSN: KillingLegacy Gamertag: Killing Legacy

User Info: GRyda

GRyda
3 months ago#14
You damn moron, your PC doesn't flirt with male characters unless you choose to. I played through the game and never once flirted with any same sex characters and never had it put in my face.

User Info: Kuljack

Kuljack
3 months ago#15
MRL3G3ND posted...
yeah he's right
there are people who are tolerant of other orientations
but hate it forced upon them
you don't have to be homophobic to not want to indulge in that culture or lifestyle

I myself made a mistake by choosing what I wanted to say without looking at the icon...now i'm in a gay relationship. I had to go back and play an hour ahead of that to avoid it. Thats unacceptable.

Its like the game wants you to experience that lifestyle so they put little booby traps all over the game

they should have gotten slammed for this
I play games for fun, not for social justice attacks

Hate is not forced upon anyone, it is taught and nourished by ignorance.

There is not one point in the game where you are forced to experience a home sexual experience with your character. If you accidentally chose a response that led to a same-sex flirt you are 100% responsible for that experience because you selected the heart. If you find yourself going down on Jaal, then you have selected the sexual flirt response more than once and I would recommend a Psychiatrist because you probably have some feelings deep down inside you are really trying to repress.

The game is designed for the player to accept the consequences of their actions throughout the play, whether you accidently chose the response that gets one of your guys blown up or gets you blown by one of your guys, you own it.

If you weren't homesexual, this wouldn't bother you in the least, so either accept you're an intolerant monster or grow the f*** up.
"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."

User Info: Urdnot_Runt

Urdnot_Runt
3 months ago#16
Before I even noticed the icons by the dialogue wheel I accidentally got flirty a few times when I didn't want to.

Mass effect games have always been bad in general when it comes to the dialogue wheel choices being a poor representation of what the main character actually ends up saying.

I've never accidentally locked in a gay relationship in one of these games, but I have had quite a few "wait what??" moments in this series caused by that particular flaw in the dialogue system so I suppose it's possible.

Calling someone a bigot because they didn't realize they were about to go gay and wanting to do a redo is a bit extreme.
GT: gethtones

User Info: ben_fox

ben_fox
3 months ago#17
The problem there is that, as everyone else has mentioned, you aren't one wrong dialog wheel choice away from planting rainbow Initiative flags all over the cluster. You have to flirt on more than one occasion and, if we're being honest, the "heart" options aren't very subtle on the wheel in the first place. I could see maybe making the mistake once, but never so many times you wind up setting a course for the Pound Sector.

It's more likely that TC accidentally flirted once and got triggered by the notion of that imaginary character on the screen in front of him touching a weiner off-camera.

User Info: Kuljack

Kuljack
3 months ago#18
@Urdnot_Runt

True. I may have been a little extreme but for good measure. This topic is just a little ridiculous.

The dialogue has always been crazy compared to the little text you choose for your response. I remember several times a response for Shep seemed innocent, next minute Shep is saying some of the douchiest things and I am thinking ah hell I just f***ed up my chances with Miranda.
"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."

User Info: TheGuilty1

TheGuilty1
3 months ago#19
Kuljack posted...

If you weren't homesexual, this wouldn't bother you in the least, so either accept you're an intolerant monster or grow the f*** up

Wow, seriously? Get off your moral high horse, you judgemental SJW scumbag. People like you are no better than self righteous bible thumpers.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. This game should have a sexual orientation setting

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived