What is your take on the Weapon Mods for MF?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. What is your take on the Weapon Mods for MF?

User Info: Kuljack

Kuljack
5 months ago#1
So there are a total of 33 new mod variants available to obtain using MF, in total that' 330 cards to purchase using MF.

I thought this was cool because it took them outside the pool of RNG via credits, but after doing the math I feel like the prices may be too high.

There are 60 Gold cards total at 120 each. That's 7,200 MF to gain all gold mod cards.
There are 90 Silver cards total at 70 each. That's 6,300 MF to gain all silver mod cards.
There are 160 Bronze cards total at 35 each. That's 5,600 MF to gain all bronze mod cards.

In total it will cost your 19,100 Mission Funds to max all weapon mod variants,

I think I roughly get about 150-200 MF on a good day. That's +95 days that it will take to max the mods.

While I am all for the grind and appreciating having something to play more for, I think that's a pretty excessive investment to get the weapon mods while the option for UR Weapons/Characters looms in the distance. I'm torn on which to save for because I want the extra gun/melee damage but I also want to get my UR at least to X if not further to be better in plat.

Is anyone else torn on the cost/length of time to obtain these mods?
"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."

User Info: xo0Achilles0ox

xo0Achilles0ox
5 months ago#2
I get 100 Mission Funds on a good day. So you can double all that bulls*** for me. Off to buy some more bronze mods!
"He came at me with a knife. I put out my hand and - just so - made him into ash." - "The Gone" Warlock Bond, Destiny

User Info: Mr_Pipboy

Mr_Pipboy
5 months ago#3
I don't like that they shift what mods are available. I would really only try to max the uncommon ones because I think they are the most useful.
My signature is a bold statement.

User Info: Jedi_Mercenary

Jedi_Mercenary
5 months ago#4
I think MF shouldn't give you too good stuff. I don't want to feel forced to take the daily challenges. I guess they want to hook you to the game, but can't this backfire? You don't play it when you want, for how long you want, how you want. Instead you take the daily challenges and quit playing after that, because there is no point in continuing until tomorrow. All while getting irritated that the game tries to become your master instead of having it as your entertainment.
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."

User Info: Kuljack

Kuljack
5 months ago#5
Jedi_Mercenary posted...
I think MF shouldn't give you too good stuff. I don't want to feel forced to take the daily challenges. I guess they want to hook you to the game, but can't this backfire? You don't play it when you want, for how long you want, how you want. Instead you take the daily challenges and quit playing after that, because there is no point in continuing until tomorrow. All while getting irritated that the game tries to become your master instead of having it as your entertainment.

The f*** are you talking about?

Most challenges take two games to complete and I do well over two matches a day if the moods is right, I have plenty of reasons to play exceeding the need to acquire Mission Funds.

They're just over priced for the reward.
"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."
(message deleted)

User Info: Jedi_Mercenary

Jedi_Mercenary
5 months ago#7
Kuljack posted...
Jedi_Mercenary posted...

The f*** are you talking about?

Most challenges take two games to complete and I do well over two matches a day if the moods is right, I have plenty of reasons to play exceeding the need to acquire Mission Funds.

They're just over priced for the reward.

For example in Halo Reach and Battleborn I can/could very well quit playing for a day because it is more efficient to continue another day. For now I play MEA a lot, but I don't want to be forced into playing the game on a day I don't feel like playing it.
Random Salarian soldier walks into Udina's office. Salarian: "I would like to know more about human culture". Udina: "We humans are..."

User Info: MegaTape13

MegaTape13
5 months ago#8
I have no plans to ever buy them. They seem EXTREMELY overpriced for what they do, especially considering that you can't pick specifically which ones to level. Even if there was an open marketplace, idk if I'd spend points on any of them. I think it's lidacrous that UR Characters are almost 1000 MF for a random roll, but even that is a much better deal imo.

I am glad they aren't in the general loot pool
Oh the movie never ends...
PSN: IHOP_13 GT: IHOP 13

User Info: SubwooferKing

SubwooferKing
5 months ago#9
While 120 MF on paper doesn't seem to bad, I don't have the Apex app and can't do it unless I'm home, so they're basically saying I need to be a major homebody to get the daily amount of strike missions available.

It's a lame grind. I think I'd be pissed if they added them to the loot pool considering how the weapon variants infected everything...but it might be nice because credits are definitely easier to get than MF.....
I gotta have me more boats and hos

User Info: donkeyofdestiny

donkeyofdestiny
5 months ago#10
I would rather have a pack to get them from for credits. mission funds only does suck since currently they rotate the rare and uncommon ones out so they are unobtainable on those weeks.

slightly off topic, do the negative stats get better, worse, or stay the same as you level the mods?
Well when a big ass car flies over your bird and craps on it! - My mom.
gt/psn: DonkeyOfDestiny
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. What is your take on the Weapon Mods for MF?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived