SJW pandering does NOT sell.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. SJW pandering does NOT sell.

User Info: Phlegyas

Phlegyas
9 months ago#1
And hopefully Bioware and EA will understand this after Andromeda releases. Obviously it's not going to be a financial flop, but I think we can all agree that it won't surpass any of the previous Mass Effect games (at least I assume it won't).

Now don't get me wrong, I do believe in advocating for social justice, but "social justice warriors" are not the same thing. More importantly, at least from a business point of view, they are also not profitable. Marvel has been pushing for equality and diversity in their comic lines, which is admirable, and yet they have seen a decline in popularity and sales. The reason? These people don't read comic books... nor do they play video games. They do, however, seek and find things to complain about, and video games have been an obvious target for years.

We'll see what happens after the game releases. Sorry to add another SJW topic.
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

User Info: Sidholun

Sidholun
9 months ago#2
It does m8,it does.
Just look at those white apologists and manginas.
bad english user

User Info: IronAvenger08

IronAvenger08
9 months ago#3
Can someone explain to me what this sudden SJW b/s is about? I have seen it recently with Horizon Zero Dawn and Final Fantasy XV before it. What is triggering people

User Info: nautdead

nautdead
9 months ago#4
But muh identity politics
"Mercy and cowardice are the same thing." -Verturio
http://nautdead-yet.deviantart.com/

User Info: Totoro

Totoro
9 months ago#5
#1 Well put.
I love My Neighbor Totoro, and Okami.
Official Totoro of the Studio Ghibli boards.

User Info: Phlegyas

Phlegyas
9 months ago#6
IronAvenger08 posted...
Can someone explain to me what this sudden SJW b/s is about? I have seen it recently with Horizon Zero Dawn and Final Fantasy XV before it. What is triggering people

SJW (a term I really hate by the way) are used to describe a certain group of people that push for equality and political correctness. The irony is that they are oppressive and damn near impossible to have a conversation with because everything is sexist, homophobic, or racist... and I do mean everything.

That said there are also people that are quick to point and shout "SJW" as much as they are to point and shout back "SEXIST". Horizon Zero Dawn is a good game that isn't pandering to anyone expect people who like good games.
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

User Info: Dragonage2ftw

Dragonage2ftw
9 months ago#7
Phlegyas posted...
IronAvenger08 posted...

SJW (a term I really hate by the way) are used to describe a certain group of people that push for equality and political correctness. The irony is that they are oppressive and damn near impossible to have a conversation with because everything is sexist, homophobic, or racist... and I do mean everything.

That said there are also people that are quick to point and shout "SJW" as much as they are to point and shout back "SEXIST".

@IronAvenger08
The official Yu Narukami, Incineroar, Parasoul, Sombra, Black Widow, RE5 Jill, Kaede Akamatsu, Kamala Khan, Rehgar, Orisa, 2B, and Power Girl of every board.

User Info: abdou

abdou
9 months ago#8
IronAvenger08 posted...

it's a CANCER that is killing the gaming industry. it's like a good cell turning malignant. the idea that women need to play a bigger role in the video game industry and be portrayed better in video games is a really fine idea but the way it has been handled is horrible. Hiring unqualified person to do a job JUST for diversity=horrible idea and do worse for women. Forcing the feminists agenda in a game just to appease them (horizon zero dawn) is a horrible idea. Heck feminists are now criticizing Zelda for portraying Zelda character as damsel in distress. I fear this will only get worse.

User Info: Jadex9

Jadex9
9 months ago#9
Let's face it theyl never be happy, by they I mean the SJWS. They can make a six hundred pound wild colored hair Tumblerina a main character and those hippos will still find something to be hungry hungry about.
GT: Jdex9 PSN: Jadex9
Gamefaqs most hated member since 2004.

User Info: Adenzia

Adenzia
9 months ago#10
Horizon Zero Dawn and Overwatch did fantastic. Dragon Age Inqusition did well, and so will ME:A lol.
The Real Official Poison Ivy of the Injustice 2 Boards / Queen of Gamefaqs
The Official Catwoman of the GameFaqs Justice League
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. SJW pandering does NOT sell.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived