I don't understand the idea of "fixing game in the future"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. I don't understand the idea of "fixing game in the future"

User Info: Zerocide

Zerocide
8 months ago#21
Shadow_Luffy posted...
Zerocide posted...
WhillB posted...
See this just gives excuse to launch unfinished games.

"Oh well, we'll finish it within a year or so. Let's sell it NOW!"

I don't remember Mario Bros or other pre internet games being half finished at launch.

It's the norm in modern gaming Industry, pretty strange when you could play a game back then at full price without worrying about patches.

Makes me appreciate old school gaming even more.

The Street Fighter series says hi

GlitchSlayer01 posted...
Zerocide posted...
WhillB posted...

I don't remember Mario Bros or other pre internet games being half finished at launch.

It's the norm in modern gaming Industry, pretty strange when you could play a game back then at full price without worrying about patches.

Makes me appreciate old school gaming even more.

There were, my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game was not finished. Got a note in the box saying "congratulations, you are one of the first 10,000 people to buy this game, please find a beta version im this box, fill out the form also inculded amd we will send you your full copy in a few months" now this was in the 80's and TMNT was in it's stride.

Fair points, I jumped the gun with that statement. First time hearing about that TMNT beta testing though, weird.
"Grand Upper!" - Axel Stone
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=618079256

User Info: Exoclyps

Exoclyps
8 months ago#22
Thing is, they are most likely planning on a sequel. People won't buy and play that without playing the first game. So it is in their interest to make the first as enjoyable as possible.

Personally I don't have that much that I dislike that I also can see being fixed in a patch.

Combat Balance.
Passing and dialogues from finished quests.
I think that with some tweaking the game can be great.
Sure, we'll still have tired faces and human aliens, but in most cases I can live with it. I do hope they learn from their mistakes and improve for the next game though.

User Info: digitalwill2000

digitalwill2000
8 months ago#23
umgee1 posted...
Just say in 4 months time, they make a bunch of changes to the game that make the Single player awesome, so what?

Most people would have already completed or be done with the game by then.

Personally, I think the game's really good, but there is no way I'm picking up and starting the game all over again, just because the single player got improved.

So, what's the point?
They need to do these things within a month of release, otherwise what's the point?

You literally answered your own question: Because people like you will buy a broken game anyway. Gamers as a whole lack self-respect.
Bart-Mangled Banner is the greatest Simpsons episode. It is great for the exact same reason american audiences hate it: because it captures them so accurately.

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
8 months ago#24
digitalwill2000 posted...
umgee1 posted...
Just say in 4 months time, they make a bunch of changes to the game that make the Single player awesome, so what?

Most people would have already completed or be done with the game by then.

Personally, I think the game's really good, but there is no way I'm picking up and starting the game all over again, just because the single player got improved.

So, what's the point?
They need to do these things within a month of release, otherwise what's the point?

You literally answered your own question: Because people like you will buy a broken game anyway. Gamers as a whole lack self-respect.

That's got to be the dumbest reply I've seen on here yet.

You think people knowingly bought a crap game? That MOST of them expected a full price Mass Effect game to be a pile of crap?

What a stupid thing to say.
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?

User Info: Nasteeman

Nasteeman
8 months ago#25
WhillB posted...

If not unfinished, there were plenty of glitched games back then, and you couldn't do a damn thing about it with console games. The only games you could get patched were PC games and often you had to wait weeks to get anywhere from a couple up to a dozen floppy discs with the necessary fixes.
Not the signature I wanted ...
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. I don't understand the idea of "fixing game in the future"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived