The lore in this game is weird and sort of half-cocked (spoilers obvi)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. The lore in this game is weird and sort of half-cocked (spoilers obvi)

User Info: ceponatia

ceponatia
5 months ago#1
The first few hours of the game seemed very disjointed in that you and your party would talk about things that you couldn't possibly know yet. You reference Angaran shuttles before even meeting the Angara... when you land on their world you're completely unsurprised that they're there...

One that's really been bothering me is that the codex AND all of the characters reference Aya as a garden world even though its obviously a giant wasteland with one little green city on it. There isn't one single reference to the barren hellscape outside the city in the game so far. Ryder will frequently talk to NPC's about other NPC's that you haven't even met yet. Seems like the writing in this game is way lazier than the past 3. Not that I don't enjoy the game... I'm about 20 hours in and I've only completed two planets because of all of the side stuff. Just wish they had... done better... lol

User Info: PIG_B0SS

PIG_B0SS
5 months ago#2
Bioware C-team
NEVER BE
GAME OVER

User Info: jsquad4136

jsquad4136
5 months ago#3
PIG_B0SS posted...
Bioware C-team

This....Hell it feels like the writers of this game were casual fans of the ME series and only new a few details of the lore.

Yet these people were tasked with the game??
"I haven't been a child since I was 8 years old."

User Info: lilhurk1985187

lilhurk1985187
5 months ago#4
Trivial crap.
Mass Effect Andromeda:Where female characters arent worth playing unless they are Super Models.

User Info: jsquad4136

jsquad4136
5 months ago#5
lilhurk1985187 posted...
Trivial crap.

Yeah that's what the writers of this game thought too, what with all the lore contradictions and cheesy dialogue. Maybe you wrote for the game?

>.<
"I haven't been a child since I was 8 years old."

User Info: ceponatia

ceponatia
5 months ago#6
Bad writing is trivial? The script of a game like ME:A is the most important aspect. If the script had been even AVERAGE, a lot of the other issues in the game wouldn't have mattered to a lot of the game's detractors.

User Info: Maelora

Maelora
5 months ago#7
They put more effort into virtue-signalling about identity politics than into the writing, unfortunately.

User Info: Emperor Vader

Emperor Vader
5 months ago#8
Once I heard the asari talk about gender pronouns I knew the game was in trouble.
Turn your little Goomba into a King Koopa ^_^

User Info: ArkhamEscapee

ArkhamEscapee
5 months ago#9
ceponatia posted...
You reference Angaran shuttles before even meeting the Angara..

I'm curious -- when did this happen? Because there are some issues with...well, I wouldn't really call it "sequence breaking" in the traditional sense, but there's a definite sense that event flags were programmed poorly. I had several emails arrive out of order (especially getting emails about Jaal before he was part of the crew).
PSN Agnol117
FC 1779-3967-9281 IGN Shaunna (AS) | Daphne (Y) | Agnol (OR)
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. The lore in this game is weird and sort of half-cocked (spoilers obvi)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived