I've never seen any bugs or SJW propaganda.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. I've never seen any bugs or SJW propaganda.

User Info: UltimateGeth39

UltimateGeth39
6 months ago#21
SageOfLife posted...
Sure, it's not like the developers have learned from past experience and decided to make development of the sequels easier this time by not killing off major characters in the first installment.

Funny how they learn that lesson but completely forget how to animate a gun the right way.
"There's always a man, a lighthouse, a city."

User Info: judostar25

judostar25
6 months ago#22
UltimateGeth39 posted...
SageOfLife posted...
Sure, it's not like the developers have learned from past experience and decided to make development of the sequels easier this time by not killing off major characters in the first installment.

Funny how they learn that lesson but completely forget how to animate a gun the right way.

Shh you'll know Peebee's secret.

But really, it was that kind of stuff I laughed at because of laziness by Bioware's part but also because it was pretty funny seeing Peebee shoot herself in the face and use her mind to arc the bullet.

User Info: PunkSmurf

PunkSmurf
6 months ago#23
blablablax17 posted...
Why did this game get rekked?

I'm guessing because some people can't tell the difference between mediocrity and honest crap. Most of those people lack the understanding that their opinions are just that, and the more childish and hyperbolic they are in regurgitating them is the less credibility they hold... And they do their damndest to make as much noise as they can.

So, I guess in spite of seeing the decency of the game you're under the mistaken impression those folks are still correct!? I dunno. I don't share the sentiment of failure. I'm good with a 7/10. May not have blown my mind, but doesn't exactly blow goats.
PunkSmurf: Nudging the envelope of censorship since 9/12/2001

judostar25
6 months ago#24
PunkSmurf posted...
blablablax17 posted...
Why did this game get rekked?

I'm guessing because some people can't tell the difference between mediocrity and honest crap. Most of those people lack the understanding that their opinions are just that, and the more childish and hyperbolic they are in regurgitating them is the less credibility they hold... And they do their damndest to make as much noise as they can.

So, I guess in spite of seeing the decency of the game you're under the mistaken impression those folks are still correct!? I dunno. I don't share the sentiment of failure. I'm good with a 7/10. May not have blown my mind, but doesn't exactly blow goats.

I'm one of those people that completely ignored the hype and stayed away from the whole animation gifs until after I beat the game and I would give it just like you, a solid 7/10

User Info: jurbanik

jurbanik
6 months ago#25
BiggyDX posted...
I rarely get involved with this SJW/Anti-SJW nonsense, but I'm pretty sure a "safe space" is when someone wants to have an area designed for them to not have their beliefs challenged. As silly as that is, I still don't know what the hell that has to do with a squadmate dying, or why you can't yell at them. Also, I'm pretty sure you get to yell at Liam and Peebee plenty of times. Hell, you can even push her off of you the first time you meet.

Wow really? Now compare that to when you get back to your ship after the Quarian Admiral fires on you when you were on the Geth ship.

As for Liam at the end you are left with one of two responses. Gee, couldn't have done it without you or Gee, you did a great job. The dickhead almost got you killed and held information from you. But in the safe space of MEA you can't even get mad about it.

User Info: PunkSmurf

PunkSmurf
6 months ago#26
jurbanik posted...
Wow really? Now compare that to when you get back to your ship after the Quarian Admiral fires on you when you were on the Geth ship.

As for Liam at the end you are left with one of two responses. Gee, couldn't have done it without you or Gee, you did a great job. The dickhead almost got you killed and held information from you. But in the safe space of MEA you can't even get mad about it.

I feel like I'm not the first person... In this thread... To point this out, but you're using a term I don't even like so incorrectly that it's akin to nails on a chalkboard. For your reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe-space

In educational institutions, safe space (or safe-space), safer space, and positive space are terms that, as originally intended, were used to indicate that a teacher, educational institution, or student body did not tolerate anti-LGBT violence, harassment or hate speech, thereby creating a safe place for all LGBT students.[2] The term safe space has been extended to refer to an autonomous space for individuals who feel marginalized to come together to communicate regarding their experiences with marginalization, typically on a university campus.[3] The idea of safe spaces has seen criticism on the grounds that it stifles freedom of speech.[4][5][6] Critics also claim safe spaces hinder the exposure of sensitive material that needs to be discussed and explained in an educational environment.

I don't think your feelings towards the lack of aggression in the dialouge is entirely misguided... But if you could quit using that f***ed out term incorrectly I might be able to see them as something more than another tool parroting bumpersticker bulls*** he or she only understands to be insults they use to feel superior to scapegoats... It's *really* hard to agree with someone who goes out of their way to demonstrate that they don't understand things they talk about.
PunkSmurf: Nudging the envelope of censorship since 9/12/2001

judostar25
6 months ago#27
jurbanik posted...
BiggyDX posted...
I rarely get involved with this SJW/Anti-SJW nonsense, but I'm pretty sure a "safe space" is when someone wants to have an area designed for them to not have their beliefs challenged. As silly as that is, I still don't know what the hell that has to do with a squadmate dying, or why you can't yell at them. Also, I'm pretty sure you get to yell at Liam and Peebee plenty of times. Hell, you can even push her off of you the first time you meet.

I believe the options are "you did well" or "don't screw up again". IIRC the only one where you say well good job, couldn't have done it without you is the "you did well", the "don't screw up again" is more like you better not do this kind of sh't again. You also seem to be missing the key difference between Admiral Gerrel and Liam is that Liam knows he messed up and owns it, while Gerrel just shrugs it off and defends his point by saying "Well, if you were in my position you would have done the same". Gerrel screwed up even more than Liam possibly could because he's the one that restarted the war between the Geth and Quarians, basically put the Geth into the Reaper's arms and almost got his race killed. Gerrel's actions would have let the reapers harvest and continue the cycle, while Liam the worst case is your twin becomes the new pathfinder.

The main problem with taking away the Renegade/Paragon system is that each conversation option you pick does not have as much as a significant difference as in the Original Trilogy. If the old system was still in the game, I would have definitely yelled at/lecture Liam on how much of an idiot he is but the fact that he owns up to it is acceptable to me.

I still don't agree that ME:A is a safe space and using the term "safe space" for a video game shouldn't even be mentioned in the first place. I'm an avid critique of the whole "safe space" thing but I can guarantee ME:A is by far not even close to being a "safe space". Please read what the guy above me said about "safe space" and re-consider what your denotation and connotation of a safe space is.

User Info: dkgerbil2

dkgerbil2
6 months ago#28
The game has a trans person in it. Of course the alt right brands this as a SJW game. It violates their safe spaces that they like to pretend they hate despite constantly legislating in favor of said safe spaces.
All my friends are in bar bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4

User Info: BiggyDX

BiggyDX
6 months ago#29
jurbanik posted...
BiggyDX posted...

Why not just say you don't like the lack of emotionally-charged responses you can give? I mean, it honestly just sounds like you want the Renegade/Paragon system to come back; as yelling at a teammate would probably fall in line with that type of personality. Most of the complaints leveled at the games dialogue (from your characters standpoint) is that most options boiled down to "Yes;" with some level of good character to go along with it. This isn't indicative of something like a safe space. Just sub-par writing and lack of player choice.
"And who are you little boy? I am 43 of years" -- Poor Sportsman
XBO Gamertag: Biggy DX

User Info: Maelora

Maelora
6 months ago#30
A 'safe space' is an intellectual vacuum, where your opinion can never be questioned or challenged. And that's how this feels.

Ryder is always so meek and bland. You can never stand up for yourself, or be forceful explaining the many 'no win' options you get.

For example, if you sacrifice Drack's scouts, you only get the option to blubber an apology or meekly back away fearfully. This was a 'no win' choice you are forced to make, something bad happens either way. You should have had a choice to firmly stand up for your own decisions, explaining that as leader you are forced to constantly choose between bad options. Or an 'angry' one where you tell him that he invited himself on your ship, and if he doesn't like the way you play, he knows where the airlock is. Or, maybe if you did his loyalty mission, he reconsiders, mumbles a gruff apology, and admits he's mad at the Kett and not you. Or, an interrupt where you can full him full of lead and dump his stinking, bullet-ridden corpse in a swamp like I did to Wrex.

The lack of anything beyond a meek option makes Ryder so weak and passive. I've no idea why anyone takes such a Beta hipster seriously as a captain or leader. He's supposed be Alec's kid - why not at least aspire to the old man, even if you can't quite be him or Shepard yet?

The lack of choices with impact, choice and weight - no Virmire or Ilos or Tuchanka or Suicide Mission here, nothing with that kind of consequence at all. The loyalty missions feel bland because the outcome is never in doubt. Ryder acts the same in every situation - with a shrug of the shoulders, goofy smirk and lame quip. If the character won't take the game seriously, why should we?
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. I've never seen any bugs or SJW propaganda.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived