Outside of "Animations" and "Dialogue," what's so Bad?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Outside of "Animations" and "Dialogue," what's so Bad?

User Info: judostar25

judostar25
3 months ago#61
@Terra-enforcer posted...
Dustin1280 posted...
Why do I get the feeling TC isn't actually looking for an "unbiased" opinion. He simply wants to be told this game is excellent.

Not sure if you have trouble reading, but read my post again, because that's pretty ignorant to say. I have ZERO attachment to the series, so why the hell would I have reason to give a damn about defending it before even buying/playing it? I heard the controversy and my expectations were very low, and there's a reason why I didn't buy this at launch.

Saying "you only want good impressions" sounds like you're just salty as hell that I didn't immediately buy into the hate towards the game. My point was thoroughly clear, especially with the Zelda analogy. And I never said "all negative impressions are null and void." I just wanted more impressions, particularly those who didn't look at the prior games though a rose tinted glass.

That being said, I am glad I did end up buying it. Only in the first 2 or 3 hours, but it feels and plays great. No problems thus far personally.

Because he's not ignorant and that's the impression you're giving us. The second we say how it compares to the OT is the second you say it's biased. I hate to burst your bubble but this is the next instalment in the Mass Effect franchise. Not comparing it to the quality of the previous games is like saying you can't compared GTA 5 to GTA 4.

User Info: Terra-enforcer

Terra-enforcer
3 months ago#62
@judostar25 posted...
Dustin1280 posted...
Why do I get the feeling TC isn't actually looking for an "unbiased" opinion. He simply wants to be told this game is excellent.

Not sure if you have trouble reading, but read my post again, because that's pretty ignorant to say. I have ZERO attachment to the series, so why the hell would I have reason to give a damn about defending it before even buying/playing it? I heard the controversy and my expectations were very low, and there's a reason why I didn't buy this at launch.

Saying "you only want good impressions" sounds like you're just salty as hell that I didn't immediately buy into the hate towards the game. My point was thoroughly clear, especially with the Zelda analogy. And I never said "all negative impressions are null and void." I just wanted more impressions, particularly those who didn't look at the prior games though a rose tinted glass.

That being said, I am glad I did end up buying it. Only in the first 2 or 3 hours, but it feels and plays great. No problems thus far personally.

Because he's not ignorant and that's the impression you're giving us. The second we say how it compares to the OT is the second you say it's biased. I hate to burst your bubble but this is the next instalment in the Mass Effect franchise. Not comparing it to the quality of the previous games is like saying you can't compared GTA 5 to GTA 4.

Again, read my post. I didn't just ignore those opinions. I just said I wanted MORE impressions, particularly those I mentioned. Thus, his and your responses are indeed very ignorant.

Also again, you aren't bursting any bubble because your logic is not sound. It is fair to compare a game to prior entries, sure, but to put a game down SOLELY because "it doesn't compare" to prior games as a driving point to an argument is an illogical conclusion to come to. For the third or fourth time now, BotW is a BAD Zelda game, but one of the best games I've played personally. The same is the case for a plethora of other series as well.

I've thoroughly explained my reasoning, and I listened to all opinions, so to say I'm brushing away criticism is flat out stupid. If you can't comprehend that, then I don't know what the hell to tell you.
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-3032-7898-9500
http://psnprofiles.com/Terraforce777 http://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Rayquaza487

judostar25
3 months ago#63
Terra-enforcer posted...
@judostar25 posted...
Dustin1280 posted...

Again, read my post. I didn't just ignore those opinions. I just said I wanted MORE impressions, particularly those I mentioned. Thus, his and your responses are indeed very ignorant.

Also again, you aren't bursting any bubble because your logic is not sound. It is fair to compare a game to prior entries, sure, but to put a game down SOLELY because "it doesn't compare" to prior games as a driving point to an argument is an illogical conclusion to come to. For the third or fourth time now, BotW is a BAD Zelda game, but one of the best games I've played personally. The same is the case for a plethora of other series as well.

I've thoroughly explained my reasoning, and I listened to all opinions, so to say I'm brushing away criticism is flat out stupid. If you can't comprehend that, then I don't know what the hell to tell you.

You criticized my logic yet yours makes even less sense. You are brushing away any criticisms of the game that refer to comparing it to the original trilogy. We have an entire trilogy to compare it to, you're in a mass effect board and you brush away any criticisms from people that like Mass Effect. Wouldn't you want a game to be better than or at the same level as the previous games you've played? The better option for you would have been looking at metacritic and deciding from the 1000s of reviews instead of making this useless topic where it shows that you already was going to buy it but wanted some approval for you buying the game. This approval being telling you stuff that is complete lies. This is a bioware game and an RPG to say you don't care about the dialogue or story is like saying you don't care about shooting and driving mechanics in Battlefield games.

Now, let this topic die and lock it because now it's outlived its purpose. Good day.
(message deleted)

judostar25
3 months ago#65
Maelora posted...
The TC is just an idiot. He splurged $30 on a game and he's come here trying to get people to tell him how awesome it is and how he totally didn't waste his money.

On MetaCritic, across the board on all three platforms, it's under 5/10. That should tell you something.

This ^. Inb4 the TC says those are all biased.

Terra-enforcer
3 months ago#66
@judostar25
If you continue to insist on playing dumb or trolling me, then you're just needlessly wasting your time and should just stop. Asking for unbias opinions IN ADDITION TO what I already was told is NOT negating all prior opinions somehow. You can't say my logic makes no sense when you clearly do not understand it to begin with. Me wanting additional opinions does NOTHING to negate what people said before that, so what's the problem?

And furthermore, funny how you continue to dodge my Zelda example every time I mention it. Zelda is NOT a better Zelda game than Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask. But is it a better game in general? I think so, as well as thousands of others. That ALONE proves the faults in your logic. You can't attempt to call my logic faulty when you ignore my points and make assumptions about me that were NEVER IMPLIED. Wanting a range of opinions never hurts anyone.

@Maelora posted...
The TC is just an idiot. He splurged $30 on a game and he's come here trying to get people to tell him how awesome it is and how he totally didn't waste his money.

On MetaCritic, across the board on all three platforms, it's under 5/10. That should tell you something.

Or maybe the idiot is the one talking s*** without knowing what the hell he;s even talking about.

If you read my posts, I bought this game this morning. This topic was made in the middle of the day yesterday. I didn't even have the game at the time so what you said makes no damn sense.
@judostar25 you look even more ignorant from before considering you knew this whole time I was talking without even touching the game, and now you agree with a person saying I was justifying a game I never bought.

If you guys aren't trolling me, this is pretty f***ing sad.
http://psnprofiles.com/Terraforce777 http://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Rayquaza487

judostar25
3 months ago#67
@Terra-enforcer

I don't give a s*** about your Zelda example, this is a Mass Effect board. But if we are going to talk about it, Breath of the Wild was a better game than Manjaro's mask. Better than Ocarina of Time? It would take a lot to be better than that master piece.

You're not looking for a mass effect game yet you're buying a mass effect game. See your logic doesn't make any sense. I've read everyone of your posts and you've been constantly trying to push this point of tell me if it's good or not but don't tell me how it's a mass effect game. You also have said multiple times that you don't care for the dialogue or story. Which is stupid if you're buying an RPG.

Terra-Enforcer
I'm not asking for a "mass effect" game though. I just want a good game.

I need someone that can distinguish a good game from a good mass effect game.

Like I said, your logic doesn't make any sense.

Terra-enforcer
3 months ago#68
judostar25 posted...
@Terra-enforcer

I don't give a s*** about your Zelda example, this is a Mass Effect board. But if we are going to talk about it, Breath of the Wild was a better game than Manjaro's mask. Better than Ocarina of Time? It would take a lot to be better than that master piece.

You're not looking for a mass effect game yet you're buying a mass effect game. See your logic doesn't make any sense. I've read everyone of your posts and you've been constantly trying to push this point of tell me if it's good or not but don't tell me how it's a mass effect game. You also have said multiple times that you don't care for the dialogue or story. Which is stupid if you're buying an RPG.

Terra-Enforcer

So you're literally going to attempt to call my argument flawed by saying "I don't care about your logic" lol
That's not how you win an argument whatsoever. You have to be trolling me at this point, so good on you for getting me to take the s***ty bait.

And I love how you backtracked the s*** out of the dumbassery that was mentioning I'm justifying a game I didn't even have. You trolls are priceless.

judostar25
3 months ago#69
Terra-enforcer posted...
judostar25 posted...
@Terra-enforcer

Terra-Enforcer

So you're literally going to attempt to call my argument flawed by saying "I don't care about your logic" lol
That's not how you win an argument whatsoever. You have to be trolling me at this point, so good on you for getting me to take the s***ty bait.

And I love how you backtracked the s*** out of the dumbassery that was mentioning I'm justifying a game I didn't even have. You trolls are priceless.

No, I'm calling your argument flawed because your logic doesn't make any sense. Please continue to make yourself look like an idiot. It's rather entertaining.

User Info: SageOfLife

SageOfLife
3 months ago#70
judostar25 posted...
Terra-enforcer posted...
judostar25 posted...
@Terra-enforcer

Terra-Enforcer

No, I'm calling your argument flawed because your logic doesn't make any sense. Please continue to make yourself look like an idiot. It's rather entertaining.

Actually, you just look like you're whining because other people are enjoying something that you dislike.
Get your f*#%*!% foot off my neck, then we'll talk tolerance. - David Gerrold
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Outside of "Animations" and "Dialogue," what's so Bad?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived