Outside of "Animations" and "Dialogue," what's so Bad?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Outside of "Animations" and "Dialogue," what's so Bad?

User Info: Terra-enforcer

Terra-enforcer
7 months ago#71
SageOfLife posted...
judostar25 posted...
Terra-enforcer posted...
judostar25 posted...
@Terra-enforcer

I don't give a s*** about your Zelda example, this is a Mass Effect board. But if we are going to talk about it, Breath of the Wild was a better game than Manjaro's mask. Better than Ocarina of Time? It would take a lot to be better than that master piece.

You're not looking for a mass effect game yet you're buying a mass effect game. See your logic doesn't make any sense. I've read everyone of your posts and you've been constantly trying to push this point of tell me if it's good or not but don't tell me how it's a mass effect game. You also have said multiple times that you don't care for the dialogue or story. Which is stupid if you're buying an RPG.

Terra-Enforcer
I'm not asking for a "mass effect" game though. I just want a good game.

I need someone that can distinguish a good game from a good mass effect game.

Like I said, your logic doesn't make any sense.

So you're literally going to attempt to call my argument flawed by saying "I don't care about your logic" lol
That's not how you win an argument whatsoever. You have to be trolling me at this point, so good on you for getting me to take the s***ty bait.

And I love how you backtracked the s*** out of the dumbassery that was mentioning I'm justifying a game I didn't even have. You trolls are priceless.

No, I'm calling your argument flawed because your logic doesn't make any sense. Please continue to make yourself look like an idiot. It's rather entertaining.

Actually, you just look like you're whining because other people are enjoying something that you dislike.

Indeed. The one more likely to come across as an idiot is the one ignoring arguments, making outright stupid remarks like saying I was damage controlling a game I had zero connection to before I even bought it, and whining like a child because someone doesn't hate a game as much as others. How f***ing pitiful.

It's hilarious that he's still trying to pull the "idiot" card while ignoring what I say almost entirely. It's like someone making a thesis, and someone else trying to counter that by saying "nah man, your logic is bad. I'm not going to bother trying to make an intelligent response or anything like that, just know that it's bad." Yeah, okay lol
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-3032-7898-9500
http://psnprofiles.com/Terraforce777 http://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Rayquaza487

User Info: judostar25

judostar25
7 months ago#72
Terra-enforcer posted...
SageOfLife posted...
judostar25 posted...
Terra-enforcer posted...
judostar25 posted...
@Terra-enforcer

I don't give a s*** about your Zelda example, this is a Mass Effect board. But if we are going to talk about it, Breath of the Wild was a better game than Manjaro's mask. Better than Ocarina of Time? It would take a lot to be better than that master piece.

You're not looking for a mass effect game yet you're buying a mass effect game. See your logic doesn't make any sense. I've read everyone of your posts and you've been constantly trying to push this point of tell me if it's good or not but don't tell me how it's a mass effect game. You also have said multiple times that you don't care for the dialogue or story. Which is stupid if you're buying an RPG.

Terra-Enforcer
I'm not asking for a "mass effect" game though. I just want a good game.

I need someone that can distinguish a good game from a good mass effect game.

Like I said, your logic doesn't make any sense.

So you're literally going to attempt to call my argument flawed by saying "I don't care about your logic" lol
That's not how you win an argument whatsoever. You have to be trolling me at this point, so good on you for getting me to take the s***ty bait.

And I love how you backtracked the s*** out of the dumbassery that was mentioning I'm justifying a game I didn't even have. You trolls are priceless.

No, I'm calling your argument flawed because your logic doesn't make any sense. Please continue to make yourself look like an idiot. It's rather entertaining.

Actually, you just look like you're whining because other people are enjoying something that you dislike.

Indeed. The one more likely to come across as an idiot is the one ignoring arguments, making outright stupid remarks like saying I was damage controlling a game I had zero connection to before I even bought it, and whining like a child because someone doesn't hate a game as much as others. How f***ing pitiful.

It's hilarious that he's still trying to pull the "idiot" card while ignoring what I say almost entirely. It's like someone making a thesis, and someone else trying to counter that by saying "nah man, your logic is bad. I'm not going to bother trying to make an intelligent response or anything like that, just know that it's bad." Yeah, okay lol

I'm not ignoring your arguments at all, in fact, I just acknowledged it in my previous post and still called you out on your logic being flawed. Now you're defending it by saying I'm ignoring it.

Like I said, you bought a mass effect game but don't want people to tell you how good or bad of a mass effect game it is. You clearly stated you're not looking for a mass effect game yet you bought a mass effect game.

User Info: PunkSmurf

PunkSmurf
7 months ago#73
Is it really so f***in' hard to understand someone wants to know if the game itself is enjoyable without having to compare it directly to other games from the same franchise?

This point is pretty clear... It's almost like someone gets a kick out of having something clearly defined and thinks shouting "NUHUH!!!" is all that needs to be done to change the very definition itself.

I'm not sure if this is an act, or just a very low level of functionality... But either way... Good lord. Being obtuse doesn't do much to make a point.
PunkSmurf: Nudging the envelope of censorship since 9/12/2001
(message deleted)

PunkSmurf
7 months ago#75
Terra-enforcer posted...
You're being obtuse here. I said I want BOTH views. Don't know how many times I have to stress this. Is your attention span that low? I'm literally just repeating myself at this point.

Dude, I'm on your side here. I'll spare you all the wisecracks about who's presenting the wider angle, but I'm not trying to be too... Acute about it.

I get what you're trying to say, just expressing my frustration alongside with you towards those who refuse to do the same.

'Tis indeed the "judostar" who's made a martial art of willful misunderstanding... Like I said, I don't know if it's an act or an honest lack of intellectual ability... But one way or another, it isn't much of an argument.

judostar25
7 months ago#76
Terra-enforcer posted...
@PunkSmurf posted...
Is it really so f***in' hard to understand someone wants to know if the game itself is enjoyable without having to compare it directly to other games from the same franchise?

This point is pretty clear... It's almost like someone gets a kick out of having something clearly defined and thinks shouting "NUHUH!!!" is all that needs to be done to change the very definition itself.

I'm not sure if this is an act, or just a very low level of functionality... But either way... Good lord. Being obtuse doesn't do much to make a point.

You're being obtuse here. I said I want BOTH views. Don't know how many times I have to stress this. Is your attention span that low? I'm literally just repeating myself at this point.

Terra-enforcer posted...
Asking for unbias opinions IN ADDITION TO what I already was told is NOT negating all prior opinions somehow. You can't say my logic makes no sense when you clearly do not understand it to begin with. Me wanting additional opinions does NOTHING to negate what people said before that, so what's the problem?

And no, I didn't just say "nuhuh." I made multiple paragraphs of my thorough thoughts, so don't even try that s***.

You bought the game, have fun with it. Stop responding to me and that guy that has to add his two cents to everything.

User Info: Terra-enforcer

Terra-enforcer
7 months ago#77
@PunkSmurf posted...
Terra-enforcer posted...

Dude, I'm on your side here. I'll spare you all the wisecracks about who's presenting the wider angle, but I'm not trying to be too... Acute about it.

I get what you're trying to say, just expressing my frustration alongside with you towards those who refuse to do the same.

'Tis indeed the "judostar" who's made a martial art of willful misunderstanding... Like I said, I don't know if it's an act or an honest lack of intellectual ability... But one way or another, it isn't much of an argument.

I'm really sorry about that my guy. Was lying down in bed about to take a nap and I thought it was judo again. Again, I am legitimately sorry about coming at you like that.
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-3032-7898-9500
http://psnprofiles.com/Terraforce777 http://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Rayquaza487

PunkSmurf
7 months ago#78
Terra-enforcer posted...
I'm really sorry about that my guy. Was lying down in bed about to take a nap and I thought it was judo again. Again, I am legitimately sorry about coming at you like that.

All good, my dude. I appreciate that, but totally understood the confusion.

judostar25
7 months ago#79
Terra-enforcer posted...
@PunkSmurf posted...
Terra-enforcer posted...

Like I said, have fun with the game. The writing is terrible compared to every single game I've played (not including Bioware games).
What do Punksmurf and SageOfLife have in common? They act pretentious and have to add their two cents to everything!

User Info: AMidnightBaker

AMidnightBaker
7 months ago#80
PunkSmurf posted...

I don't get what's so difficult to understand either.

As an example, I like the Fallout franchise a great deal and I think Fallout 4 is a rather crappy Fallout game and barely worthy of having the name. But I'm fully capable of looking past that to judge it as any other game. Doing that I can say it's a good game. Not amazing or close to it, but good and a entertaining game to play.

To TC:
I think MEA is alright both as a Mass Effect game and a game in general. But I'm also not that picky. It got flaws but it's not a bad game. Animations has been worked on, not that they were that awful to begin with and the dialogue/writing can be a bit of a rollercoaster in quality. But that's not new to Mass Effect and Bioware to begin with.

But besides that it's hard to tell without knowing what you like or dislike in a game. But some other things a lot of people may see as "bad" is the amount of loading screen jumping you may need to do sometimes and the amount of "filler" quests who only gives XP and/or some credits in reward. You don't need to do those though, it's fine to skip them. I did them since I don't mind and once in awhile it was an interesting little tidbit in them.
I was going to write something more detailed but I need to charge my phone and make dinner so this had to do. Hopefully it made sense and isn't filled with errors made by my phone.
"I like quotation marks"
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Outside of "Animations" and "Dialogue," what's so Bad?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived