Still trying to wrap my head around this game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Still trying to wrap my head around this game

User Info: shironinja

shironinja
2 months ago#1
Basically it's Red Dead Redemption but in space?
Now or never.

User Info: fluffybunny937

fluffybunny937
2 months ago#2
Yes
The greatest tumblr ever. http://samepicofdavecoulier.tumblr.com/

User Info: Heracylost

Heracylost
2 months ago#3
No it's Dragon Age Inquisition in space. With wide open spaces with nothing to do in them, vapid characters, laughable villins and graphics so bad even background characters without a line of dialogue in Witcher 3 looks better.

I'll never play it again.
That was a great time, the summer of '71 - I can't remember it, but I'll never forget it. Lemmy Kilmister

User Info: mustangrcr302

mustangrcr302
2 months ago#4
Heracylost posted...
No it's Dragon Age Inquisition in space. With wide open spaces with nothing to do in them, vapid characters, laughable villins and graphics so bad even background characters without a line of dialogue in Witcher 3 looks better.

Then go away

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
2 months ago#5
Cora is the space horse.
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?

User Info: nemesisMKII

nemesisMKII
2 months ago#6
shironinja posted...

See, I think you hit the nail on the head for the main issue I have with this game. The fact that this game is akin to "a X game in Y" as opposed to "a Mass Effect game". I can forgive the glitches, it comes with new games these days, and the graphics were alright to me, when you grew up playing NES and Gameboy, you don't exactly demand a lot. The biggest issue I have is that, too me, this was not a Mass Effect game. It should have just been called Andromeda and they should have taken out the alien races from the ME universe and just had humans meeting the Kett and Angara. The ME aliens add NOTHING to the plot, so why shove them in? Oh, cause they need this to be a ME game so they can slap the brand on it and try to make their sales. If they would have just made a new series about humanity settling the stars and implemented the same mechanics, I truly believe they would have saved themselves so much of a headache over fans hating the direction they took this. Not everything needs to be a sequel and tie into other games, sometimes divergence is a good thing. Let's take Resident Evil. They tried to take the game in new directions but sometimes realized that wasn't what the games were about and we got something new out of it. That's where Devil May Cry and Onimusha came from. Instead they stick to this brand-recognition BS and ruin a good concept. It's very much like Starfox Adventures, it has nothing to do with Starfox, but they saw it had a fox in it and decided to turn it into a SF game to try and move units. The game would have been absolutely fine as just Krystal exploring dinosaur planet. I may sound ranty, but I did like Andromeda, but for what it was on it's own, the pandering and attachment to Mass Effect adds nothing but the opportunity to upset fans.

User Info: NPUser3000

NPUser3000
2 months ago#7
nemesisMKII posted...
shironinja posted...

See, I think you hit the nail on the head for the main issue I have with this game. The fact that this game is akin to "a X game in Y" as opposed to "a Mass Effect game". I can forgive the glitches, it comes with new games these days, and the graphics were alright to me, when you grew up playing NES and Gameboy, you don't exactly demand a lot. The biggest issue I have is that, too me, this was not a Mass Effect game. It should have just been called Andromeda and they should have taken out the alien races from the ME universe and just had humans meeting the Kett and Angara. The ME aliens add NOTHING to the plot, so why shove them in? Oh, cause they need this to be a ME game so they can slap the brand on it and try to make their sales. If they would have just made a new series about humanity settling the stars and implemented the same mechanics, I truly believe they would have saved themselves so much of a headache over fans hating the direction they took this. Not everything needs to be a sequel and tie into other games, sometimes divergence is a good thing. Let's take Resident Evil. They tried to take the game in new directions but sometimes realized that wasn't what the games were about and we got something new out of it. That's where Devil May Cry and Onimusha came from. Instead they stick to this brand-recognition BS and ruin a good concept. It's very much like Starfox Adventures, it has nothing to do with Starfox, but they saw it had a fox in it and decided to turn it into a SF game to try and move units. The game would have been absolutely fine as just Krystal exploring dinosaur planet. I may sound ranty, but I did like Andromeda, but for what it was on it's own, the pandering and attachment to Mass Effect adds nothing but the opportunity to upset fans.

Just have a thing to say about Star Fox adventures originally fox was in it at all but miyamoto saw it and said “oh a fox? Why don’t you use our fox you will sale a billion copies”
Check out my let play channel on YouTube: Rkay421. Current lets plays: Bioshock infinite (blind), Mass effect
3DS code:4854-6969-5478 PSN:Rkaybeast21

User Info: nemesisMKII

nemesisMKII
2 months ago#8
NPUser3000 posted...
nemesisMKII posted...
shironinja posted...

Just have a thing to say about Star Fox adventures originally fox was in it at all but miyamoto saw it and said “oh a fox? Why don’t you use our fox you will sale a billion copies”

Yeah that's what I meant by them just slapping a brand on it, I'm sorry if I didn't come off clearly with what I said.

User Info: Heracylost

Heracylost
2 months ago#9
mustangrcr302 posted...
Heracylost posted...

Then go away

Touchy.
That was a great time, the summer of '71 - I can't remember it, but I'll never forget it. Lemmy Kilmister

User Info: HentaiMan

HentaiMan
2 months ago#10
He had a point tho
Nintendo/Kirby fanboy, KirbyCentrist. Poyo peace to the world :)
https://i.imgur.com/O68JkE7.jpg http://i.imgur.com/r6x4QXn.jpg http://i.imgur.com/FelW6en.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  3. Still trying to wrap my head around this game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived