Alright, when will scrub mentality vanish from the face of the Earth?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. For Honor
  3. Alright, when will scrub mentality vanish from the face of the Earth?

User Info: Deadlywolf712

Deadlywolf712
3 months ago#1
http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win

Today? Tomorrow? Next generation?

I think of scrub mentality as a religion. It will never stop existing. Same with racism, sexism, etc, any kind of intolerance.

User Info: Mernardi

Mernardi
3 months ago#2
You're the very definition of a scrub. You lose 1v1 without boosts so you run like a little b****.
Part of the squad.

User Info: CrypticWolf

CrypticWolf
3 months ago#3
Mernardi posted...
You're the very definition of a scrub. You lose 1v1 without boosts so you run like a little b****.

The irony...
"We could make the world better. It's just easier to shut our eyes." - Grey Warden Blackwall
3DS Friend Code: 4038-6725-3713, PSN: MidknightBlue96

Deadlywolf712
3 months ago#4
Mernardi posted...

You see, that's what I'm saying man.
At least I have something to say to prove myself.

I pick up the boosts because they increase my odds of survival. They are part of the game. I don't limit myself from using them. It's not like they are illegal to use or anything. An obvious trait of a scrub is someone who puts limitations on themselves.

I pick up the shield because it helps me overcome ganking. In this simple video right here, you shot me with a f***ing catapult, and I survived because of the shield boost. 0:30
https://youtu.be/TcReNuN8h6c?t=29s
Now, I could act like a scrub and say, "Hey!, your a f***ing scrub for using a catapult on me". But no, I don't do that. I congratulate you for trying that because feats are one of the best ways to take someone down who goes into revenge mode easily.

The attack boost helps me take down opponents more quickly, and it reduces the chance of someone procing revenge because they will die before the revenge procs.

Have you even seen my stats bro? I have over a thousand duels completed. And I have won at least once. I am capable in 1v1.

Oh, and pls subscribe and watch this awesome gank compilation video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E37MjEGVPc0

Mernardi
3 months ago#5
Yeah, I see that your ratio sharply declines in Duel mode, which brings us back to my original point. You use boosts as crutches.

I'll use them too, but I'm not going to run like a b**** at the start like you do.
Part of the squad.

User Info: redbanana

redbanana
3 months ago#6
Why the f*** are you on some sort of crusade about this? Play how you want to play and let others do the same. No is going to respect you running away more because you keep posting about it.
This is a signature

CrypticWolf
3 months ago#7
Assuming you play on PS4, how the hell do you do your videos? i thought it pre-recorded in 15 minute intervals and that you could only upload directly to YouTube
"We could make the world better. It's just easier to shut our eyes." - Grey Warden Blackwall

CrypticWolf
3 months ago#8
Mernardi posted...
Yeah, I see that your ratio sharply declines in Duel mode, which brings us back to my original point. You use boosts as crutches.

I'll use them too, but I'm not going to run like a b**** at the start like you do.

Do you realize you're being a scrub by saying this? I mean, I do the same as you (attempt the 1v1 first, boosts second) but there is nothing wrong with him doing that if it helps him to win.

Deadlywolf712
3 months ago#9
redbanana posted...
Why the f*** are you on some sort of crusade about this? Play how you want to play and let others do the same. No is going to respect you running away more because you keep posting about it.

It's fun trying to change scrub mentality. Scrubs will probably are probably not going to change today, or tomorrow. They are probably going to get more irritated reading this post and claim that the real scrub is me. It's funny seeing people giving me all the unwarranted hate.

But some day along the line they are going to realize that they are going to need to pick up those f***ing speed boots to chase runners. Or the attack buff to kill people without procing revenge. Or that shield buff to fight gankers.

They may suddenly change use all the resources available to them. Or remain forever a scrub and continue with their limitations.
@CrypticWolf
I use sharefactory.

Mernardi
3 months ago#10
CrypticWolf posted...
Mernardi posted...

Do you realize you're being a scrub by saying this? I mean, I do the same as you (attempt the 1v1 first, boosts second) but there is nothing wrong with him doing that if it helps him to win.

I'm not a scrub for calling him out on his bulls***. I'm not the best, I will go ahead and admit. But I am certainly a good player. TC wants to brag about running away at the start. I don't really care, but he wants to claim he's good when I beat him every time he was 1v1 or his teammate was ganking on me, even with his boosts.

Yeah in the clip he showed, I made some mistakes, but everyone has some bad plays every now and then. But he definitely won't show where I solo'd his team.
Part of the squad.
  1. Boards
  2. For Honor
  3. Alright, when will scrub mentality vanish from the face of the Earth?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived