To those defending the rumored SJW-leak: Why are you defending that?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
  3. To those defending the rumored SJW-leak: Why are you defending that?

User Info: MFauli

MFauli
7 months ago#1
First of all, I assume this is the posting everybody is talking about:
https://abload.de/img/1n2xvv.png

So let me get this straight: The above posting states that men are at fault for everything bad. Women are specifically excluded from that accusation. Furthermore, for some reason white men are more at fault than men of minority ethnics. Then the heroine of the game, Aloy, says she wouldn´t want a male baby. And NOW, game journalists seem to have praised this story.

Do you REALLY not see the problem here? Switch the white men with any other ethnic group and what´s written in that posting would be out-called for its racism/sexism/whathaveyou.

If, and only IF, that posting holds any truth, then anybody who´s in favor of equality ought to criticize this game´s story. Or at the very least understand why most people are sick and tired of political agendas being implemented into video games.

That´s all I had to say. Awaiting lots of irrational responses, unfortuantely ...
There are videogames, and theres The Legend of Zelda

User Info: Fummeltime

Fummeltime
7 months ago#2
First XD
The Gek word for Sissy is Ratlank

User Info: Opunaesala

Opunaesala
7 months ago#3
It's not even accurate. One tribe is matriarchal, but are shown to have their own issues and biases. Other tribes have male leaders. The game doesn't seem to say that one is better than the other. Also, there are women among the villains and bandits that Aloy fights. So that's not accurate either. But Trolls don't care about accuracy, they just want to stir up a a fictional pot.

User Info: BadDecisions

BadDecisions
7 months ago#4
MFauli posted...
That´s all I had to say. Awaiting lots of irrational responses, unfortuantely ...

Says the person basing their point of view on a screenshot of a GameFAQs post.

MFauli
7 months ago#5
BadDecisions posted...
MFauli posted...

I very clearly said that I´m asking the topic question in case it IS true. It very well might be complete bs. We should hope it is, right? That´s what is bothering me :)

Opunaesala
7 months ago#6
MFauli posted...
BadDecisions posted...
MFauli posted...

I very clearly said that I´m asking the topic question in case it IS true. It very well might be complete bs. We should hope it is, right? That´s what is bothering me :)

It is, and you could have done some research. Just posting this nonsense is going to get the trolls started again. None of these trolls offer any evidence, and gameplay videos and such show opposite to what they are claiming.

User Info: skullkraken

skullkraken
7 months ago#7
Opunaesala posted...
It's not even accurate. One tribe is matriarchal, but are shown to have their own issues and biases. Other tribes have male leaders. The game doesn't seem to say that one is better than the other. Also, there are women among the villains and bandits that Aloy fights. So that's not accurate either. But Trolls don't care about accuracy, they just want to stir up a a fictional pot.

This.
PSN: skullkrakenX / Steam: leapwormjelly || NYCFC / USMNT
Said the lion to the lamb, as they drew lines in the sand.

MFauli
7 months ago#8
Opunaesala posted...
MFauli posted...
BadDecisions posted...
MFauli posted...

It is, and you could have done some research. Just posting this nonsense is going to get the trolls started again. None of these trolls offer any evidence, and gameplay videos and such show opposite to what they are claiming.

How could there be evidence when the game hasn´t been released, yet? Preview-videos can only show so much.

Tbh with you: I´m 90% sure that this rumor is pure bs. However, it´s due to the current political climate that it cannot dismissed without any oppositon. So let´s wait until we have real evidence, will we?

Until then I´m still interested: Why would anyone defend content such as depicted in the rumor? It´s racist and sexist to the max. Or did certain people convince themselves that you cannot be racist/sexist towards white men? geezus.

Opunaesala
7 months ago#9
MFauli posted...
Opunaesala posted...
MFauli posted...
BadDecisions posted...
MFauli posted...

How could there be evidence when the game hasn´t been released, yet? Preview-videos can only show so much.

Tbh with you: I´m 90% sure that this rumor is pure bs. However, it´s due to the current political climate that it cannot dismissed without any oppositon. So let´s wait until we have real evidence, will we?

Until then I´m still interested: Why would anyone defend content such as depicted in the rumor? It´s racist and sexist to the max. Or did certain people convince themselves that you cannot be racist/sexist towards white men? geezus.

There are full gameplay streams out there. They don't show what the trolls claim they show.

User Info: illbzo1

illbzo1
7 months ago#10
MFauli posted...

You mean like endless s*** posting and crying about SJWs, feminism, and liberal politics?
PSN: illbzo1 Twitter: @illbzo1
  1. Boards
  2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
  3. To those defending the rumored SJW-leak: Why are you defending that?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived