Anyone else dislike the new fishing mechanics?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Disney Magical World 2
  3. Anyone else dislike the new fishing mechanics?

User Info: The_Ninjadillo

The_Ninjadillo
1 year ago#1
If it had an audio cue like in the first game I'd like it more, but in this one there's no audio cue and you're given such a small amount of time to react. Not only that, but this may just be me but fishes seem to take a lot longer to even go after the lure.

Also, there's been an irritating number of times where a fish would suddenly glitch-teleport across the water and immediately bite the lure before I can react.

i mean, i guess it is "Disney Magical World" but come on
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/TheLlamaKing
I make levels in Mario Maker sometimes.

User Info: Babsy

Babsy
1 year ago#2
you're not alone. i agree that the fish take longer to bite..i rarely lose a fish but something just seems off..

User Info: Lucky_Huntress

Lucky_Huntress
1 year ago#3
It definitely threw me off the first time i tried fishing in this game, I was expecting to hear some kind of *ping* so I missed the fish.
N3DS Friend Code : 4871 - 7174 - 9598

User Info: HenriQuartz

HenriQuartz
1 year ago#4
Babsy posted...
you're not alone. i agree that the fish take longer to bite..i rarely lose a fish but something just seems off..

I have the same feeling. At least fish seem to restock fast enough, unlike in DMW where they don't reappear unless you screenswitch.
3DS Friend Code: 4983-5050-5340

User Info: SunnyWindy

SunnyWindy
1 year ago#5
I'm fine with the mechanic itself but not so much about the drops? I almost always get a Bronze Bubble.. it's weird.

User Info: Manah

Manah
1 year ago#6
I'm used to it now, but it still feels weird.
3DS FC - 0877-0881-6378

User Info: WitchBaby4200

WitchBaby4200
1 year ago#7
Complete agreement @The_Ninjadillo! I have no idea why there isn't a sound cue. It threw me the first time and I thought that maybe I was just crazy and didn't hear it. Nope. I didn't hear it because there was nothing to hear. I'm still crazy though. But seriously the fishing mechanic seems off from the first game. And it does take an ungodly amount of time for a fish to grab the lure. Maybe I've just grown old and angry but the "magic" is wearing off.
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened?
AC:NL: Town: Repaupo, Mayor: Stoochy, Dream Address: 5600-2142-2397

User Info: rini124

rini124
1 year ago#8
I do think the lack of sound cue is weird, but the fishing seems better overall honestly. Fish no longer get scared off if they're too close which is really nice.

I have no idea why the sound cue is gone though.
~*Jen*~ - 3DS Friend Code: 3737-9519-1063 (Jennifer)
PSN: rini124, Xbox 360: Princcesss Jen, Wii: 2275 9197 2602 2533, Wii U: Princess.Jen
  1. Boards
  2. Disney Magical World 2
  3. Anyone else dislike the new fishing mechanics?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived