Anyone else starting to get bored with this game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Disney Magical World 2
  3. Anyone else starting to get bored with this game?

User Info: The_Ninjadillo

The_Ninjadillo
1 year ago#11
mollyt7954 posted...
If you haven't run into any roadblocks can you tell me where to get the Hula outfit> I can't seem to find it?

Should be a reward for one of the episodes.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/TheLlamaKing
I make levels in Mario Maker sometimes.

User Info: Lucky_Huntress

Lucky_Huntress
1 year ago#12
I'm loving it. I'm glad they made changes. I'm taking my time enjoying all the new stuff they put in, I like that you don't have to feel the need to rush through every episode in this game like in the first one.

I feel like alot of people are just complaining about this game because they fixed all the stuff that made the first game difficult like the rng for example, some items and stickers were ridiculously difficult to get. It's like you all rushed through the game and are now upset because you did and so you aren't enjoying it as much.
N3DS Friend Code : 4871 - 7174 - 9598

User Info: The_Ninjadillo

The_Ninjadillo
1 year ago#13
Lucky_Huntress posted...
I'm loving it. I'm glad they made changes.

Same here, I'm loving a lot of the changes.

Lucky_Huntress posted...
I like that you don't have to feel the need to rush through every episode in this game like in the first one.

I disagree. The only reason not to rush through a non-bonus room is for a single Magic Stone, which is mostly insignificant since bonus rooms give out way more to make up for it, plus treasure chest charms exist.

Lucky_Huntress posted...
I feel like alot of people are just complaining about this game because they fixed all the stuff that made the first game difficult like the rng for example, some items and stickers were ridiculously difficult to get.

It's more about the low sticker requirements rather than how much work it takes to get the items themselves. For example, the much larger amount of outfits overall in the game makes the Ace Ensemble stickers a piece of cake, or how there's so many more seeds this time around that it makes the gardening stickers much easier to get, even without taking into consideration how most seeds (thankfully) require way less time to grow.

It's like the game adds so many more items, but doesn't scale the stickers relating to the quantity of those items.

Lucky_Huntress posted...
It's like you all rushed through the game and are now upset because you did and so you aren't enjoying it as much.

That's a bit of a bold assumption to make. I'm not upset about anything, and I'm still enjoying the game, but I can't see playing it for that much longer, unlike the first game where months after playing it I still picked it up again sometimes.

For example's sake, let's say I did "rush" through this game. Well by these standards I "rushed" through the first game yet I didn't find myself feeling the same way that I do about the second game.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/TheLlamaKing
I make levels in Mario Maker sometimes.

User Info: Babsy

Babsy
1 year ago#14
ya, in the beginning it was a little overwhelming at how quickly the stickers were coming in..I'm at 92 right now..not liking the number of items that are only available via reward, To me it seems like they added a ton of new content but then felt compelled to rush through it.

User Info: bunnie88

bunnie88
1 year ago#15
I've been bored of the thing since the start. I waited for over 2 years for the thing to come stateside since i loved DMW 1 so much. What am i greeted with? To start off, a TWO HOUR long tutorial that's mostly stuff that i know how to do already. Fine. If they have to do a tutorial, why can't there be a Hand-holding and a "Leave me the hell alone" mode??? Do i really need to be walked through all 18 stickers step by step when i know what to do???

Then came the "free to do what i want" gameplay. I know that when it first starts off things are going to be slow but in DMW 2, things seemed to be extra slow. Then when i started unlocking the worlds it wasn't a "Ok you unlocked it, go to it when you want", its a "I don't care you don't want to go to it now, you have to go".

The Quests are boring, I hate having to deal with frozen, and the Stickers are either to easy to get or to Grindy.

Haven't played in 2 days and my only motive to do so is that it, CRZL, and M&L PJ are the only games I have that i'm not completely burnt out on. As far as upcoming games go its pretty dry for me. 1 thing in december, 1 in feb, and keeping an ear out for SNES VC games. Past games is down to a couple 3DS games and 1 or 2 DS games.
ACWW longest played game 1-9-06 to April 2013 and currently playing off and on

User Info: rini124

rini124
1 year ago#16
Honestly, I love the game a lot, but just find it overwhelming a bit in this game.

I wish the combat wasn't in it--it's still the most boring part of the game for me and feels very... filler-y if anything. I love the passive episodes. If we had to have Wonderland back, I wish it was a passive version of it.

I do agree that the Stickers don't feel as well-balanced--it's essentially Super Grind-y or you get them faster than you expect. I unlocked things overall slowly (And ended up skipping right over unlocking the Ballroom for ages, but it seems I'm not the only one), but already had 3/4ths of the initial stickers.

I still think the best thing for this game is to remove the combat altogether and focus on more Worlds all with their own story lines without that. Most of the fun I've had as been the inbetween sessions where I'm not charging around fighting Ghosts.

Some other new things that bothered me:
Flooring and Wallpaper being attached when put in the Cafe. I often mixed and matched for my personal cafe so this was really disappointing. At least they are separate for the room.
The item limits for the Cafe and Room are still way too small.

I think the game overall is an improvements in more ways than not. I do wish everything could use the new recolor system.

I will say that I feel like using basic attacks is practically useless in this game though--it feels like it's made specifically for you to just spam Magic Attacks :/

And just the randomness with items continues--especially in the Rare ingredient hangouts. I do still like those a lot, but I wish it wasn't so random or you had like a timer and could look around for as much as you can or something.
~*Jen*~ - 3DS Friend Code: 3737-9519-1063 (Jennifer)
PSN: rini124, Xbox 360: Princcesss Jen, Wii: 2275 9197 2602 2533, Wii U: Princess.Jen

User Info: stargazer618

stargazer618
1 year ago#17
mollyt7954 posted...
If you haven't run into any roadblocks can you tell me where to get the Hula outfit> I can't seem to find it?

You have to make the hula outfits.
0173-1525-2649

User Info: noakai

noakai
1 year ago#18
There is one other thing I don't like, and it's the fact that we have Wonderland again at all. I play many other Disney games and I'm so tired of Alice in Wonderland showing up in all of them. There's limited space so why they reused any world beyond 100 Acre Wood (and I'm only okay with that because of farming) is beyond me and a total waste.

User Info: HenriQuartz

HenriQuartz
1 year ago#19
rini124 posted...
I still think the best thing for this game is to remove the combat altogether and focus on more Worlds all with their own story lines without that. Most of the fun I've had as been the inbetween sessions where I'm not charging around fighting Ghosts.

I do think we could still have some combat, but have less of it. There are many ways to get rid of ghosts than using magic. They could have had an Aristocats themed world that was mostly passive where Marie teaches us music we can play to repel ghosts or something.

Or take the combat worlds and reduce the number of the fighting episodes and have a few puzzle episodes.
3DS Friend Code: 4983-5050-5340
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Disney Magical World 2
  3. Anyone else starting to get bored with this game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived