Battlefront 2 lashback is the kinda things that change games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. Battlefront 2 lashback is the kinda things that change games

User Info: DVida

DVida
4 weeks ago#1
Most downvoted reddit post ever over loot and p2w scheming. Imagine if we could do the same for dokkan. Hopefully europe digging into this as a gambling practice makes some international waves and we can personally try for changing focus from blowing stones on one single card to more content and fairer business practices even in gacha games

User Info: jgok

jgok
4 weeks ago#2
Ha will never happen

The second gacha games are no longer a quick buck they will be dropped by publishers like a rock

What few games would be left might be better though

User Info: UraRenge2005

UraRenge2005
4 weeks ago#3
Personally my feeling on the matter is that the gaming industry needs a legitimate crash. We need what equates to a video game industry depression.

The description that gaming developers and publishers use to accurately define the "DLC era" is the Wild West. Basically, companies are allowed to try anything and everything in their imaginations to earn more revenue from a single game. There's no legal limitations as to what "justice" is for the consumer. If it sells, it worked. If it doesn't sell, it didn't work. That's the current DLC law, and it's sickening. The "You vote with your dollars" saying stems from this and as idealistic as that sounds, it takes way more than voting with your dollars to actually accomplish anything. Even if you manage to kill one game... what then? You killed one of 2,000 coming out this year.

The DLC Wild West has lasted LONGER than the actual historical Wild West did. How long do these gaming companies get to shoot someone legally as long as they hold a weapon in their hand? How long will everyone who commits a felony by hanged by the neck until they die?

Around 1984, Atari had what was considered by many a video game economy crash. This did wonders for the gaming industry with new companies developing hardware and new companies trying different approaches to entertaining people with video game technology. The end results were the Nintendo Entertainment System and the Sega Master System, not to mention PC gaming made it's true birth. I don't think I need to explain the success of those. You're still living in it today in 2017.

Many years ago I personally thought that lines needed to be drawn in the sand as to what is ethical practices involved in digital entertainment. Something that not only restricts the game publishers, but restricts the consumer/gamers. DRM should be taken seriously. VERY seriously. Pirating, Used Game sales (I'm looking at you GameStop) and people trading physical copies of video games should be a thing of the past.

Games take millions of dollars to produce. Gamers continue to demand that games cost $60 even though every single expert on the planet says that AAA title games should on average be about $100 due to increasing production costs and inflation. But do gamers care about facts? No. It needs to be $60 or they won't buy it. How do you think that makes publishers feel when we demand they take a loss on the game, force them to print archaic circles of plastic in rectangular plastic, trade that physical copy among our friends, burn copies of them from torrents and pretty much take one unit and redistribute it legally through a glorified pawn shop?

It pisses them off.

Is it any wonder gaming companies try anything they can think of to get that extra $40 from the average consumer of their product? To them, it's an "US versus THEM" industry. They are trying their damnedest to get what they think is fair compensation for their work and gamers s*** on them every single day.

Don't think the Publishers are off the hook because I'm telling the gamers they suck. Oh no. Publishers are basically responding to childishness with pure evil. The amount Psychological Consumerism spending these companies do in order to unconsciously coax people into basically what equates to gambling is off the charts. You all want them to be ashamed of themselves? Not f***ing likely.

The gaming industry needs a reset. It needs to die and then be built from the ground up. We have a dying patient with open surgery needed and gamers and publishers keep arguing about where to put the band-aids.

All Battlefront 2 is in the grand scheme is a large cut somewhere on the left leg. Gamers are going "Hey! You're making it hard to walk!" and EA is saying, "Don't worry, we've got a right leg and some Bengay!"
Stop Nerfing. Stop Patching with Nerfs. Stop listening to children. If everyone is OP, no one is.

User Info: revesburger

revesburger
4 weeks ago#4
@UraRenge2005 too long but still read it. also agree on every point.

players are not making devs any favour by moaning about game prices but publishers are mostly to blame for the DLC bullshyte we have today. unfortunately this will never change because neither party is willing to give in.

it's funny how most gamers will never buy a Mobile game, even if it costs just a few quid. however, they are more than happy to spend a few hundred quid in micro-transactions. go figure...

same goes for console/PC. I have a mate saying he's not willing to pay more than £15 for an Indie game because it's either too short or shyte. how are Indie devs supposed to survive if everybody has got that mentality? well, I tell you how: selling themselves to EA or Ubisoft. is that what you want?!

we live in sad times where most of the cool IPs are owned by greedy publishers who just wnt to make money and are not interested in delivering a decent product. just look at what happened to Assassin's Creed, Need for Speed, Fast and Furious (throwing in some movies here too), Pokemon Go, Battlefront, Call of Duty... and the list goes on.

good old days when devs could make the games they wanted because they thought it was a cool idea, not because they had the publisher telling them what to do and moany gamers who are never happy
PSN: revesburger

User Info: WorldTrader

WorldTrader
4 weeks ago#5
There is a difference between a premium priced game adding free to play style mircotransactions and a free to play game that sustains itself with said tactics.
asdasd

User Info: jgok

jgok
4 weeks ago#6
Except that $100 price tag is self inflicted as they do not need to put top of the line graphics in every game.

They also do not need too make that money up in 3 different ways

At current your average AAA game has multi version release (bronze, silver, gold) with a lot of them coming up to £100 (notice £ not $)

They then have the £30 ssession pass which isn't even always included in the gold edition (Look at fighterz for a dbz example)

And then more and more companies are throwing in loot boxes or at the very least micro transactions.

They make the money back 3 times over at this point.

Let's not kid ourselves publishers are almost pure profit (and for little work) and are not hard done by. They operate on pure greed and will take everything they can get from both consumer and developer

It is the development studios that do most the work but then get little of profit and this is what needs to change

User Info: ModLogic

ModLogic
4 weeks ago#7
UraRenge2005 posted...
Games take millions of dollars to produce. Gamers continue to demand that games cost $60 even though every single expert on the planet says that AAA title games should on average be about $100 due to increasing production costs and inflation. But do gamers care about facts? No. It needs to be $60 or they won't buy it. How do you think that makes publishers feel when we demand they take a loss on the game, force them to print archaic circles of plastic in rectangular plastic, trade that physical copy among our friends, burn copies of them from torrents and pretty much take one unit and redistribute it legally through a glorified pawn shop?

simple. dont like it, get the f*** out of the industry.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-15-the-new-konami-is-doing-very-well-indeed

dev and publishers want to do whatever they can to make money. fair enough.

consumers choose what to buy. fair enough.

the real f***ing diseases that need to be stamped out are the cool aid drinking fanboys that go the extra mile, too obtuse to realize what side of the line they should be standing at.
http://i.imgur.com/hEL2qQYh.jpg http://i.imgur.com/lbSi0U3.png http://i.imgur.com/FA2GxDS.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xaRYKZM.png http://i.imgur.com/ZngbqJn.jpg

User Info: thepro189

thepro189
4 weeks ago#8
revesburger posted...
@UraRenge2005 too long but still read it. also agree on every point.

players are not making devs any favour by moaning about game prices but publishers are mostly to blame for the DLC bullshyte we have today. unfortunately this will never change because neither party is willing to give in.

it's funny how most gamers will never buy a Mobile game, even if it costs just a few quid. however, they are more than happy to spend a few hundred quid in micro-transactions. go figure...

same goes for console/PC. I have a mate saying he's not willing to pay more than £15 for an Indie game because it's either too short or shyte. how are Indie devs supposed to survive if everybody has got that mentality? well, I tell you how: selling themselves to EA or Ubisoft. is that what you want?!

we live in sad times where most of the cool IPs are owned by greedy publishers who just wnt to make money and are not interested in delivering a decent product. just look at what happened to Assassin's Creed, Need for Speed, Fast and Furious (throwing in some movies here too), Pokemon Go, Battlefront, Call of Duty... and the list goes on.

good old days when devs could make the games they wanted because they thought it was a cool idea, not because they had the publisher telling them what to do and moany gamers who are never happy

is ubisoft really bad? i hear nothing but praise about origins, and the amount of small details is mind blowing. their far cry series is also good.

User Info: Ryuuma93

Ryuuma93
4 weeks ago#9
Remember the days when you could buy a game for full price and get the complete gaming experience without having to worry about DLCs, season passes, microtransactions, or any of the other greedy ass horses*** that's plaguing today's gaming industry?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"Leave anything for us?"
"Just bodies."

User Info: Starscreamjr

Starscreamjr
4 weeks ago#10
I don't understand there are plenty of games out here that doesn't do any of the "negative" things you guys made . secondly theirs not enough people who feel like you all feel to come together to make a real change . Me personally I feel no one is forceing you all to play any of these games or spend money on any of these games you all are complaint about. There are bigger problems in the world than to wonder if gacha games are rigged or not.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle
  3. Battlefront 2 lashback is the kinda things that change games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived