First review

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Yooka-Laylee
  3. First review

User Info: alucard0901

alucard0901
8 months ago#1
Hey guys found the first review for yooka laylee. Seems promising....

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:s-GCDgCZT9wJ:www.brashgames.co.uk/2017/04/01/yooka-laylee-review/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au
Check me out on youtube for all things gaming www.youtube.com/user/Ballbreakerreviews
PSN - Alucard-0901

User Info: 7656198

8 months ago#2
Sounds great. What they seem to dock points for, dialogue and characters, unlocking moves through Trouser, are things that don't bother me at all. That's what keeps it so in line with a late 90s platformer.

Can't wait to play this next week. Persona 5 will have to take a back seat for a few days for sure.
PSN: Snycher
Playing: Nioh, Gravity Rush Remastered, Pokemon Sun, Odin Sphere HD, Ni no Kuni, SFV

User Info: chisoxrule

chisoxrule
8 months ago#3
I'm making residual progress in Zelda BOTW (Switch version); no rush. This will be a nice break. I'm getting the PS4 version because I don't want to wait that long for Switch version and I prefer a physical copy.

Also the more like Banjo, the better IMO. The reviewer didn't sound like he was a big fan of those games which I've played mutiple times over...

User Info: SeahorseCpt89

SeahorseCpt89
8 months ago#4
So that's one good review vs one bad first impression (and to be fair, the latter is from Jim Sterling, whom I take with a grain of salt).
Reminder: you have the right to an opinion, but you don't have the right to not be ridiculed for your opinion.

User Info: pokemega32

pokemega32
8 months ago#5
...since when was Banjo-Kazooie's writing bad?
Currently playing: Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
3DS FC: 0473-7780-2611 (IGN: Rivaille in X; Brendan in AS)

User Info: Redd_White

Redd_White
8 months ago#6
pokemega32 posted...
...since when was Banjo-Kazooie's writing bad?

My reaction exactly.

User Info: MKScorpion

MKScorpion
8 months ago#7
I think the question is, who is playing a game like this for deep thought provoking writing? Gotta have my Shakespearean writing in my 3d action platformer with a cartoon talking lizard.
#Play Killer Instinct

User Info: SlajifrasH045

SlajifrasH045
8 months ago#8
First paragraph implying that banjo kazooie/tooie weren't better than mario 64. Well, this reviewer is a moron.
PSN- Darcness | Youtube- Darcnesstrophies
Bodyspace- Slajifras | 122 Platinum Trophies | Recent- Bloodborne
  1. Boards
  2. Yooka-Laylee
  3. First review

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived