Nobody really wanted amyownzu to be right

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune
  3. Nobody really wanted amyownzu to be right

User Info: hardseppo

hardseppo
7 months ago#21
I still hope we haven't got a "no" on VR because they are busy translating it to English... but I guess that's just wishful thinking...

User Info: Xav_Games

Xav_Games
7 months ago#22
Unless they do something completely illogical (and I suppose it's possible), then there's nothing to translate. It's already done.

Look at the Asia/English version. It is identical to the Japanese version with one exception - it has a language toggle. The Japanese version just doesn't have that toggle. That's it. (OK there is probably also a version-specific flag as well to say 'I'm the Japanese version, Asian version, etc').

If TN would just enable that toggle on the Japanese version, we'd have English subtitles (and Chinese IIRC) in the Japanese version as well. I suspect that not enabling it is related in some ways as to why it wasn't released in the West. But they can "back-door" it by allowing it to release in English in Asia. That's the part I am unclear on.

User Info: GnatB

GnatB
7 months ago#23
Xav_Games posted...
Unless they do something completely illogical (and I suppose it's possible), then there's nothing to translate. It's already done. .

huh? I'll admit I haven't been following VR since I have no real interest in it, but I'd assume there is some amount of VR specific UI that would have to be translated from japanese to english/chinese.

That said, I'd also assume it'd take like an hour to do, at most. However just because there's a toggle to select language doesn't mean the actual translation is magically done based on changing that toggle.

User Info: Xav_Games

Xav_Games
7 months ago#24
My original comment was in reference to someone talking about all the work to add English translation to the Japanese version. What I am saying is that to my eye there is NO version difference.

However to your point, since VR works for the Japanese version, then my conclusion is that it already "works" for the Asian version. Only the internal version flag is what is keeping it from functioning if you managed to somehow get the the JPN VR add-on applied to your HK install. (No idea how you could try that though since installation occurs on the download. So I don't know how you could download from one store, then take the file and apply it to your other account.)

I'm no game programmer, but I am a programmer. And unless I overlooked something (which is totally possible), then from what I have seen there is no external difference to the two versions - aside from the language toggle. And if that really is the only difference, then it would be incredibly stupid and inefficient for them to code two entirely different applications - one for JPN and one for HK. It makes FAR more sense for it to literally be the same application, just with a flag or two set internally.

Like I said though, I do not work in the game industry. It is conceivable that they would code one version and then take that version and add the language stuff to it as a totally separate version. But it is more complicated to maintain multiple versions when you are applying patches and fixes. It makes far more sense that it is all one version, just with some features toggled on or off.

In the end though, it is really just conjecture on my part. I don't actually know one way or the other. But I would seriously be shocked if they were unique versions.

User Info: Griley

Griley
7 months ago#25
The only new text in VR seems to be the intro screen the first time you use it, as well as the first menu option that gets you into VR. Other than that it's just recycling text from the Owner Paradise modes. So I don't think translation is the issue.

It could be that as Asia covers multiple territories they would need to get approval from multiple PSN stores, and they can't be bothered to go through all that. Similarly how Europe PSN covers many countries and so sometimes games won't be released in, say, Germany, where censorship laws are stricter.

Who knows though? It's all speculation while TN remain so tight-lipped about it.

User Info: GnatB

GnatB
7 months ago#26
Ah, you're talking localization, not translation.

Yes, I would agree there is no localization other than translation, and the code base is almost certainly identical (with a flag or two difference, as you say). That said, if you somehow installed the VR patch into the asian version, I wouldn't be particularly surprised if it crashed. I doubt the asian version has the translated assets for jp version or vice versa.

First time it tries to load "VR_BUTTON_START_EN" to get the english version of the "VR_BUTTON_START" image it wouldn't find it, and crash. (yeah, it probably has better error handling that that, most likely throwing up either nothing or some sort of missing image texture, but you get my point)

(I doubt those buttons are strings with a special font, but even if they are, that would simply mean instead of getting a missing image texture (or no texture), you'd probably get some sort of string ID not found string)

(edit, but yeah, while there would be some work to create the translated images/strings, like I said. That still is only like an hour of work. Not a likely explanation for the delay)

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
7 months ago#27
RollingCradle posted...
No Milky or Unknown_VS is a huge board downgrade.

@RollingCradle Aw :p What happened with milky anyways!?
Square Enix disgrace of the industry.

User Info: sorrykissingyou

sorrykissingyou
7 months ago#28
I feel sad no one missed me. But I agree you people are much better than me in playing the game.
This is my new account here.

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
7 months ago#29
Btw OT a broken clock is right twice a day, too. But you knew that, didn't you?

sorrykissingyou posted...
I feel sad no one missed me. But I agree you people are much better than me in playing the game.

Do you maybe happen to wear gothic lolita outfits sometimes?

Because that's my thing.

Like you know. I present to you. YoHRa model 2B.
http://i.imgur.com/PWhChXK.jpg

How much I miss you is very dependent on this. ;)

(I hope milky doesn't see this, she'll kill me...! Lol)
Currently playing Tekken 6 Resonance Of Fate DOA5LR Yoro No Nai Kuni

User Info: amyownzu

amyownzu
7 months ago#30
sorrykissingyou posted...

I missed you, but I've been busy slaying trolls.
The guy who loves DOAX, and doesnt acknowledge DOA5
FFeot- 3728-5525-0470
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune
  3. Nobody really wanted amyownzu to be right

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived