Would you buy DOAX4 if it was released today?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune
  3. Would you buy DOAX4 if it was released today?

User Info: GnatB

GnatB
3 months ago#31
You're right, one character doesn't make it childish and cute, though it says something you all immediately jumped to this being about MR. Now this may come as a shock, but I wasn't actually just talking about MR. (though her suit selection certainly qualifies)

Most of Honoka's suits are also focused towards childish/cute. None of the new girls suits are particularly hot/sexy, and they got rid of pretty much all the girls who actually had hot/sexy suits. (Lisa, Tina, Christie) All the unlockable suits (except the namesake fortune, which is probably the easiest/first one you unlock) are childish school stuff.

The game, out of the box as a whole, is far more "childish & cute" than previous entries. Even if MR wasn't there. She's just the whale that broke the camels back.

And I've said this before, but personally, I would tend to lump in Nyo as "childish". Her entire behavior screams "14 your old who matured early and is trying WAY too hard to act sexy like she thinks adults act", and of course when she loses her pose, her true nature shows in her little tantrums. But then, that sort of fits her backstory. Some super old Tengu is only now just being exposed to people. So physically mature, but emotionally/dealing with others/socially not so much.

User Info: Maelora

Maelora
3 months ago#32
As a veteran of the older games, I thought this was far more 'kawaii' than previous games.

Not to mention all the weird Japanese fetishes are dialled up 11 here, things like upskirt/moe/embarrassment.

They got rid of most of the girls who weren't teenagers.

I liked it better when the girls were just chilling and relaxing and you left them alone to get on with it. Now we're perving on them, prodding them, exploding their clothes. Feels like it's cheapening them a bit.

User Info: RollingCradle

RollingCradle
3 months ago#33
Yeah well Team Ninja stepped it up,

no more p****footing around.

User Info: bigdaddyjh2002

bigdaddyjh2002
3 months ago#34
GnatB posted...
You're right, one character doesn't make it childish and cute, though it says something you all immediately jumped to this being about MR. Now this may come as a shock, but I wasn't actually just talking about MR. (though her suit selection certainly qualifies)

Most of Honoka's suits are also focused towards childish/cute. None of the new girls suits are particularly hot/sexy, and they got rid of pretty much all the girls who actually had hot/sexy suits. (Lisa, Tina, Christie) All the unlockable suits (except the namesake fortune, which is probably the easiest/first one you unlock) are childish school stuff.

The game, out of the box as a whole, is far more "childish & cute" than previous entries. Even if MR wasn't there. She's just the whale that broke the camels back.

And I've said this before, but personally, I would tend to lump in Nyo as "childish". Her entire behavior screams "14 your old who matured early and is trying WAY too hard to act sexy like she thinks adults act", and of course when she loses her pose, her true nature shows in her little tantrums. But then, that sort of fits her backstory. Some super old Tengu is only now just being exposed to people. So physically mature, but emotionally/dealing with others/socially not so much.

Hm, you're right about jumping to conclusions. I was talking about Honoka. Kokoro, and as Hot955 mentioned, the pouty and easily agitated Nyotengu could also be somewhere in there. I don't see Tengu being childish or immature, though. I see her as not having enough social experience. I've said before that Marie doesn't bother me and I don't see her as childish. I don't see how this game is anymore or less, for that matter, childish than the other entries. It's the same thing. Volleyball, bouncing and girls having fun with each other. But hey, whatever your eyes seem to see. *shrug*
NO, I DIDN'T BREAK THE VASE!! Oh, you weren't calling me for that? Live tag & PSN: Grandiaplayer

bigdaddyjh2002
3 months ago#35
Maelora posted...
As a veteran of the older games, I thought this was far more 'kawaii' than previous games.

Not to mention all the weird Japanese fetishes are dialled up 11 here, things like upskirt/moe/embarrassment.

I liked it better when the girls were just chilling and relaxing and you left them alone to get on with it. Now we're perving on them, prodding them, exploding their clothes. Feels like it's cheapening them a bit.

Having the older-than-teenage girls still in wouldn't change the feel of this game.

Heaven forbid they add a few things from DoA5. I'll take my cheap game/girls and play the crap out of it. Just bring back my Marina Race and add in maybe 3 more girls. I'm good.
NO, I DIDN'T BREAK THE VASE!! Oh, you weren't calling me for that? Live tag & PSN: Grandiaplayer

bigdaddyjh2002
3 months ago#36
RollingCradle posted...
f*** it they should just have them all be filing taxes in every pictorial,

To show some maturity for once.

Seems to be the only way to please people.

User Info: GnatB

GnatB
3 months ago#37
*shrug* To be honest, I don't really watch any of the pictorials. No interest whatsoever. (though if there's not enough time left at the end of a vacation to do anything useful I'll run through some just to "check 'em off".)

User Info: sam_mix117

sam_mix117
3 months ago#38
I haven't had registered until I saw this thread :)

User Info: TheGreatPotato

TheGreatPotato
3 months ago#39
Maelora posted...

This....though exploding their clothes is hilarious.
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
'I'm really a man.' - MysteryVeil

User Info: MartinB105

MartinB105
3 months ago#40
No. I only bought DOAX3 for the VR mode, because let's face it; this is a series of awful games. DOAX3 has a 43% Metacritic for good reason.

I'm also boycotting TN, but I wouldn't buy DOAX4 even if I weren't (unless it had a VR mode, but I don't see that as being a likely possibility at this point).
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune
  3. Would you buy DOAX4 if it was released today?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived