Another reason why the lost six should be made DLC characters

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune
  3. Another reason why the lost six should be made DLC characters

User Info: eric_otness

eric_otness
3 months ago#1
Hi.

As you know, Tina, Mila, Rachel, Lisa, Christie, and Leifang were not included into Xtreme 3 (thanks largely to the idiocy of doing a wallpaper poll). Lots of us were not at all happy with their exclusion, and have been requesting that they try to get them to reconsider.

I just realized another reason why they really ought to include them:

See, the girls' various swimsuits are given theme names, or names that are selected from a specific topic of information, and the themes generally deal with one general area (or in the case of Hitomi, two areas). We have the following:

*Kasumi deals with various shrubs and bushes;
*Kokoro deals with fruits;
*Hitomi deals with animals/astronomy subjects
*Helena deals with cocktails;
*Ayane deals with mythological creatures;
*Marie Rose deals with cat breeds;
*Honoka deals with various herbal spices;
*Nyotengu deals with various mountains and/or mountain ranges in Japan (yeah, I get it, lady of the mountain);
*Momiji deals with weather/atmospheric effects (well, save for nebula, which is an interstellar effect)

The missing girls, barring Mila and Rachel due to their being newcomers, have the following based on previous titles:

*Tina deals with stars, star systems, and open clusters;
*Lisa deals with goddesses, muses, or personifications of different cultures;
*Christie deals with crystals and minerals;
*Leifang deals with birds, either real-life or mythological;

Rio probably won't appear due to certain legal issues, but might as well grant her an honorable mention since even she has her own theme naming for various outfits during her sole appearance in Paradise: Specifically, terms used for gambling, including various card games (obviously).

See, a lot of those would actually have gotten people interested in finding out what the names mean in terms of origins, meaning they would have actually allowed for some study habits, not to mention hint at some neat elements about their characters. And as far as Mila and Rachel, the fact that they don't even HAVE their own theme clothing is a travesty in itself, especially when the newcomers Marie Rose, Nyotengu, Honoka, and Momiji actually did get new themes as well. I could even come up with some ideas for theme names regarding Mila and Rachel. For Mila, as a neat bit of contrast to Tina, her set could deal with a theme name for various planetary bodies and maybe even nation names. And as far as Rachel, she could utilize the names of various saints.

There's a whole lot of reasons to include all the characters in there, such as seeing them actually interact (and for the record, they really ought to actually add in character interactions between girls, be friendly gravures in other words. Even HoldenMcClure, the guy who is doing the popular DOAHDM Beach Paradise Mods, is planning on adding in be friendly gravures due to their being a DOAX staple, and he added in some stuff that's original from the Xtreme games such as the gym, the shower area, gravures involving those areas, and to some extent the bedroom and pole dance areas. There's a whole lot of market value for the be friendly gravures based on that.), and actually giving certain characters an actual chance at doing the event. Giving them theme naming costumes for various reasons, both vets and newcomers, is just another reason. And considering the Asian version is the closest we're gonna get to a localized English release due to certain reasons, it also allows for us Westerners to get a chance at actually interacting with them as well.

Let's hope that Team-Ninja realizes their mistake and adds the DLC in there.

User Info: hardseppo

hardseppo
3 months ago#2
Very nice post, thx. But I am afraid TN doesn't care about DoAX3 anymore. All we can seem to hope for is DoAX4 at this point one day... hopefully

Update: Besides, TN is working on Dissidia Final Fantasy: Opera Omnia for PS4 and on Fire Emblem Warriors for Switch. Rumour on NeoGAF also has it that they are working on Ninja Gaiden 4 for Xbox. So I guess the resources to spare are non-existent. But it's just my opinion of course.

eric_otness
3 months ago#3
hardseppo posted...
Very nice post, thx. But I am afraid TN doesn't care about DoAX3 anymore. All we can seem to hope for is DoAX4 at this point one day... hopefully

Update: Besides, TN is working on Dissidia Final Fantasy: Opera Omnia for PS4 and on Fire Emblem Warriors for Switch. Rumour on NeoGAF also has it that they are working on Ninja Gaiden 4 for Xbox. So I guess the resources to spare are non-existent. But it's just my opinion of course.

We'll see. It's pretty clear they've got at least one more Season Pass pack in the works for DOA5LR, and besides, we've also got that Xtreme Venus Vacation thing they have yet to give actual coverage for. Not to mention their Xtreme 3 website actually got updated a little more than a couple of weeks ago (and believe me, compared to MGSV's website, Xtreme 3's website is practically alive there, as MGSV's site hasn't gotten any updates since TGS 2016, even WITH E3 unveiling new information.).

User Info: Maelora

Maelora
3 months ago#4
Being a pessimist I must agree with hardseppo. I'd die happy if we had those six in the game, but I get the weird feeling TN are done with the game at this point. :(

I'd just like to see the Western/Chinese girls because the roster feels far too Japan-centric. Too many girls are 'waifu' types who occupy the same design space (Momiji and Kokoro are basically the same person with different hairstyles). We need a few more gals with attitude like LF, Tina and Chrissy.

(Also, Lisa, Tina and Christie were the ones with the more revealing and skimpy outfits, whereas the teens tend to get cutesy, 'kawaai' costumes.)

Also as it stands, too many girls are missing their 'beffies' - Momiji doesn't have any go-to partners; having Rachel would solve that. Hitomi has partners but she's much better as a foil to Leifang. And Ayane is horribly isolated without Lisa, who was her only friend in the previous games.

I'll cross my fingers for something, but I'm not holding my breath :(

eric_otness
3 months ago#5
Maelora posted...
Being a pessimist I must agree with hardseppo. I'd die happy if we had those six in the game, but I get the weird feeling TN are done with the game at this point. :(

I'd just like to see the Western/Chinese girls because the roster feels far too Japan-centric. Too many girls are 'waifu' types who occupy the same design space (Momiji and Kokoro are basically the same person with different hairstyles). We need a few more gals with attitude like LF, Tina and Chrissy.

(Also, Lisa, Tina and Christie were the ones with the more revealing and skimpy outfits, whereas the teens tend to get cutesy, 'kawaai' costumes.)

Also as it stands, too many girls are missing their 'beffies' - Momiji doesn't have any go-to partners; having Rachel would solve that. Hitomi has partners but she's much better as a foil to Leifang. And Ayane is horribly isolated without Lisa, who was her only friend in the previous games.

I'll cross my fingers for something, but I'm not holding my breath :(

To be fair, we DO have Helena, who definitely isn't Japanese or Asian (well, technically Marie Rose as well, since she's Swedish).

So far as them giving up, the latest news from June 1 of this year seems to indicate otherwise: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doax3/

And yeah, that's another reason as well.

User Info: Maelora

Maelora
3 months ago#6
I hope you're right, eric.

What's Venus Vacation about?

I'd like them to do a Game of the Year version with everything in it.

eric_otness
3 months ago#7
Maelora posted...
I hope you're right, eric.

What's Venus Vacation about?

I'd like them to do a Game of the Year version with everything in it.

The only thing we know about Venus Vacation is that it's apparently a PC version of Xtreme 3, and that it had a teaser unveiled at TGS 2016. Nothing else otherwise.

User Info: RollingCradle

RollingCradle
3 months ago#8
Hate to say i told ya so!

eric_otness
3 months ago#9
RollingCradle posted...
Hate to say i told ya so!

Neither DOA FES 2017 nor TGS 2017 have occurred yet, so it's a bit premature to get into that. At least wait until TGS 2017 has come and gone before we go down that path. And besides, why are you so against Tina, Mila, Leifang, Lisa, Christie, and Rachel being in the game?

Besides, considering they had updated their site on June 1, it's pretty clear the game is still active, even if just barely (to put it into perspective, MGSV hasn't gotten it's site updated since they showed Metal Gear Survive in the TGS 2016, and haven't done so even when MGSurvive was shown at this year's E3, which is pretty telling when up until then they hadn't given any news on it at all between then and E3 2017.).

User Info: hardseppo

hardseppo
3 months ago#10
What was the update on June 1st?
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune
  3. Another reason why the lost six should be made DLC characters

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived