Has Koei/Tecmo stopped supporting DOA Xtreme 3?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune
  3. Has Koei/Tecmo stopped supporting DOA Xtreme 3?

User Info: Matt-Moores

Matt-Moores
4 months ago#131
^^WHAT THE FLYlNG FREAK????
Trust in The Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.

User Info: eric_otness

eric_otness
4 months ago#132
chaosinfusion posted...
eric_otness posted...
Pretty much the only reason I'm wanting more DLC is so we get those six lost girls in there, AND more activities, and actual be friendly gravures.

In light of some of your other... er... demands, it's pretty amusing that you're apparently holding out for some light yuri.

https://youtu.be/wy6JRAVkyoU

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

That's not yuri. They're just being friendly with each other. Females tend to be a bit more extroverted when being friendly with one another compared to men. I'd know because I saw some girls I knew well back in high school embracing each other even when they were very clearly straight, and when I asked my mom about this, she pretty much said females tend to be a bit more extroverted about it. And besides, use common sense: Do you really think Itagaki, who viewed the girls as if they were his own daughters and specifically made sure when doing the Xtreme games that he avoided depicting them in a lewd light because of this (going as far as to eliminate wet T-shirt contests and trampoline games as options for video games) would have EVER let even slight elements of yuri into the game? Not to mention in the case of Kasumi/Ayane or Helena/Kokoro, that would have given off even WORSE implications since they're half-sisters. Now, if the be friendly gravures had them groping each other and emitting orgasms, THEN you've got a point about it being slight yuri.

And as far as the other comments, so I never played the game, big whoop. I've seen complaints about the game made by those who actually HAVE played the game. Like, for example, the fact that there's barely any interaction between the females? I've seen a few people complain about that. There's also complaints about the fact that most of the environmental graphics, the girls aside, don't even look all that different from Xtreme 2 or Paradise, or how they left scant amount of minigames in there. And also the whole swimsuit selection process. Maelora, who definitely played the game, also was deeply bothered by the whole Owner Mode premise, and from her description, I'd say I'd have to agree with her, especially when it conflicted with Itagaki's vision for the series. And I also followed the development of the game as well. Even though I've never played the game, the knowledge I picked up more than compensates for that bit.

User Info: RollingCradle

RollingCradle
4 months ago#133
Itagaki is a dinosaur, no longer involved with DOAX franchise.

eric_otness
4 months ago#134
RollingCradle posted...
Itagaki is a dinosaur, no longer involved with DOAX franchise.

Walt Disney also is a dinosaur, not involved with the company. Most people aren't happy with the direction Disney is going in now, particularly families. Not to mention, should we abandon all the founding documents of our country just because the people involved are "dinosaurs" and no longer involved. There's such a thing as respecting someone's vision. Even George Takei, a guy who is otherwise very much an activist for homosexuality, nonetheless disapproved of the decision to make Sulu gay in the recent Star Trek movie specifically because it was against the intentions of Gene Roddenberry. Just because Itagaki isn't involved in the series anymore doesn't give you the right to disrespect his vision. It takes a great amount of character to actually respect one's vision for their work by not tampering with it.

User Info: TheGreatPotato

TheGreatPotato
4 months ago#135
Your founding documents need to be updated, though. They do not translate well into modern times, e.g militia owning a musket becomes children owning semi-automatics.
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
'I'm really a man.' - MysteryVeil

RollingCradle
4 months ago#136
Tecmo have the right to do whatever they want with their IP.

User Info: Maelora

Maelora
4 months ago#137
>>Maelora, who definitely played the game, also was deeply bothered by the whole Owner Mode premise, and from her description, I'd say I'd have to agree with her, especially when it conflicted with Itagaki's vision for the series.

Itigaki was a mixed blessing. But remember, without him, we'd never get DOAX. He had the power and the sheer chutzpah to push this game into production.

And yes, the 'Owner' nonsense grates. I love DOAX as a mild tease game, when the fanservice is understated. Exploding clothing and the girl's getting upset or embarrassed is no fun for me.

Itigaki had flaws, yes, but he seemed to have respect for the characters, and that doesn't seem to be the case here, with all these weird Japanese fetishes dialled up to 11.

The is the most beautiful-looking DOA game ever, but I still prefer the originals.

eric_otness
4 months ago#138
Maelora posted...
>>Maelora, who definitely played the game, also was deeply bothered by the whole Owner Mode premise, and from her description, I'd say I'd have to agree with her, especially when it conflicted with Itagaki's vision for the series.

Itigaki was a mixed blessing. But remember, without him, we'd never get DOAX. He had the power and the sheer chutzpah to push this game into production.

And yes, the 'Owner' nonsense grates. I love DOAX as a mild tease game, when the fanservice is understated. Exploding clothing and the girl's getting upset or embarrassed is no fun for me.

Itigaki had flaws, yes, but he seemed to have respect for the characters, and that doesn't seem to be the case here, with all these weird Japanese fetishes dialled up to 11.

The is the most beautiful-looking DOA game ever, but I still prefer the originals.

Well, yeah, I wasn't particularly happy with the whole pole dance inclusion in DOAX2 (especially when that seems to conflict with his own statement of avoiding making the girls look lewd, though to be fair, even that at least had the girls not necessarily liking the activity, which is more than can be said with this game's pole dance since apparently the girls give absolutely no indication whatsoever of not liking it.). That being said, however, he's still ultimately better for the series, since at least he had respect for the girls' dignity, even WITH the whole pole dance inclusion in Xtreme 2 (and if you ask me, he'd probably be disgusted with Hideo Kojima and how he depicted his "daughters"). And he's also one of the few game designers in Japan who DOESN'T use games to basically flip the bird at America, unlike other game developers like Hideo Kojima with his Metal Gear series (that really goes out of its way to paint America in the worst light possible, with Peace Walker even having the various characters singing praises to Che Guevara, of all people.) or the guys who did Resident Evil starting with 5 (I'm thinking in particular of Chris Redfield's denouncement of America and Capitalism when talking with Sheva Alomar regarding the latter). I realize we Americans aren't perfect and we've had some flaws in our history, but could they PLEASE not try to outright demonize America by making it out to be an irredeemable monster for once? It gets annoying TBH. That's also why I'm actually quite fond of Tina and Bass Armstrong as characters, since they are depicted in a very good light. Sure, Tina's somewhat arrogant and showy, while Bass is overprotective, but they aren't depicted as outright villains for their nationality and if anything are good guys and their patriotism is depicted as a positive WITHOUT making them nihilistic in the process. Metal Gear, for instance, generally depicts Americans in the following: Either outright villains due to their patriotism, or at best amoral nihilists (like The Boss and her "what makes a soldier" speech early into Snake Eater, which is the closest the series has to an actual pro-American or at least pro-Patriotic game.), with the heroes either being forced to do America's bidding, or otherwise being profoundly anti-American even if they themselves are American. I guess his one of the developers who actually tries to make relations with America helps in that regard as well.

And yeah, have to agree on Owner Mode. If they really must include them, could they at least make the girls more in-character? Like, I don't know, actually HAVE them attack you rather than just whine or at most threaten you? Most of the girls there are fighters after all, and in the case of Kasumi and Ayane are ninjas who most certainly would know some lethal techniques to put to use if necessary. Besides, I don't think the prior games even implied the player was actually involved in-universe with them. And the damaged outfits don't exactly work, either.

RollingCradle
4 months ago#139
Don't hold back, push it to the limit.

User Info: shockfrost

shockfrost
4 months ago#140
So uh.

This question was just answered.... the answer is, no.
They have not stopped supporting DOAX 3.

Now go download the VR pass and quitcha bickerin'.
The Original Darklord
First US Game Clear, July 21 2009 (29 hours play time)
  1. Boards
  2. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune
  3. Has Koei/Tecmo stopped supporting DOA Xtreme 3?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived