New Updates, Gym Rework, Raids, New Items

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. New Updates, Gym Rework, Raids, New Items

User Info: dark_mannequin

dark_mannequin
3 months ago#1
http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/raids

Only 6 slots per gym and must be unique, item discs at gyms, new gym badges for locations, gym boss pokemon, rare candies, and TMs to change movesets.
ST: TNG Tapestry. If you like your artificial heart, you can keep it. Period. QCare
Playing online: AC: 3, RERev, RE6

User Info: summerclaw

summerclaw
3 months ago#2
This is waaay better than anything I though they will DO!!. This update is incredible. HYPE
In every loss, in every lie, in every truth that you'd deny
And each regret and each goodbye was a mistake too great to hide.

User Info: NeO_SuperCrate

NeO_SuperCrate
3 months ago#3
Well damn lol now I'm feeling even less patient

summerclaw
3 months ago#4
TMs
Rare Candys
Six Pokémon limit
Battle them in order
Raise "Prestige" by giving berries
24,000CP Raid Bosses, defeat them in less than 5 minutes to catch them!

HYPEEEE

User Info: Remembrent

Remembrent
3 months ago#5
These are all outstanding additions, but for the love of Christ, I hope they are able to kill bots :\
You should not care that NoA decided to censor a 13 year old girl. It's creepy if you do.

User Info: usmovers_02

usmovers_02
3 months ago#6
6 mon limit? They better be ADDING gyms then. My area is overloaded with my team.

EDIT: The update looks incredible except for one thing. Raids being rolled out slowly. It will be months and months until my small area finally gets raids just like the garbage nearby "beta" they did in very specific areas.
www.nohomophobes.com

User Info: bruplex

bruplex
3 months ago#7
I wonder if there's anti-bot protection in there as well? Seems odd to go through all that work and not block them.
Use your computer mouse to navigate the internets. Be sure to talk to everyone you meet. You're sure to gain lots of valuable information.

User Info: spoofrice11

spoofrice11
3 months ago#8
As a small town player the new system doesn't sound good for me. I only have a few Gyms within an hour of my home. I need my coins for Incubators since our area has No Nests and we don't have things like Magikarps or Dratinis that spawn (seen 1 since Gen 2 came out).

Now those few will only have 6 spots so less for me and when I go to cities, those ones will probably all be filled. Plus they will kick out my Pokemon if I get them in other cities sometimes, Grr.

Some of those rewards do sound great though, hopefully being a solo player and only having a couple of people on my team in my town won't ruin this game.

summerclaw
3 months ago#9
At least Gym variety will be guaranteed. Also the new system will reward the effort of the person putting the pokemon there.

Like if I put my Umbreon there at my local gym. And I see some people battling and taking down the other pokemon, as long as I'm there to feed my Umbreon berries, he should hold his own. (unless they attack faster than I can heal him).

So my Pokémon don't get taken down first because low CP.

Edit: I also love that I don't have to waste my time prestiging. My least favorite part of the game, now I can delete those awful low CP mons.

User Info: slowmo301

slowmo301
3 months ago#10
All of this seems "cool" but I suspect a bad side-effect.

It seems all of the gyms will be evenly split between teams and can't change color? And there will only be 6 spots per gym. So it will be harder to get into a gym now.

And 20-man cap on raid? The 21st person who runs to the gym for the event will be pretty upset.

They should just have the CP of the boss increase for each additional person.
sig
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. New Updates, Gym Rework, Raids, New Items

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived