The day I finally uninstalled Pokemon Go

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. The day I finally uninstalled Pokemon Go

User Info: Remembrent

Remembrent
4 weeks ago#1
Disclaimer: I played this game religiously since it came out. Not to the point of joining groups or impacting my every day life, but often and frequently.

So I've been growing kind of stale with the game. Since the raids, I've had a slight resurgence of interest, but then I realized that I just was bored. That I was essentially getting nothing out of this game.

Then this last week my grandfather passed away. At the church, before we left for the plot where he was buried (we were in the church for his service), we all got into our cars to drive there.

Unfortunately, there was about 6 people in cars in the middle of the day parked in the lot and impacting our ability to head to the cemetery. These people were trying to fight some legendary raid and had absolutely no respect for the fact that we had to leave to head to the cemetery. One of the people had a child that was easily somewhere between 7-10 years old and school is in session, so likely the kid didn't go to school.

In fact, one of my uncles was flipping out at one of the guys because they literally had blocked a car in. The guy said to "deal with it until I'm done".

That's when I realized - The f*** is the point of this game? People are so hell bent on accomplishing something that they are willing to inconvenience people that are at a funeral?

Couldn't believe it and still honestly can't. I was embarrassed for them and I'm pretty sure I'll never play this game again.
You should not care that NoA decided to censor a 13 year old girl. It's creepy if you do.

User Info: Rhyten

Rhyten
4 weeks ago#2
Don't blame the tool, blame the user.
It's the peoples fault, not the game.
Corsair RM750i | Asrock Z270 Killer SLI | i7 7700k 4.2Ghz | Zotac GTX 1080ti Amp edition 11264MB | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 2x8 GB DDR4 3000 Mhz | Acer Predator XB241H

User Info: Appleforce

Appleforce
4 weeks ago#3
Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Mines passed away as well and when we visit his grave, I make it a thing to not take PoGo out despite all the stops at the cemetery. It is a bit disrespectful to be playing in a place that's meant to remember lost ones.

That said, there's always disrespectful people out there regardless of PoGo. I can see where you're coming from as the game is starting to feel less rewarding with each update and leveling/collecting dust becomes somewhat of a chore.
He killed Steve Irwin and escaped to the sea.
JET STINGRAY
GreedoShootsFirst 4 weeks ago#4
I expected this story to have a more pathetic story, like that your addiction to the game was so bad that you played the game during the services, and that's when you knew you had to make a choice to save yourself.

Someone out here has to have a pathetic, depraved story.

But yeah, people do suck. The game, as all games, are pointless. It's really brought out the worst in people, you get dickheads like those you talked about in the OP, or you have people getting into fights IRL over dumb s***, or you have people here marking my dead-for-4-days topic where I merely suggested a contest. I'm thinking about quitting too. It helps kill time sometimes, but I'm really not "one of them". I'm the most closeted PG player in the world.
BALTIMORE RAVENS

User Info: AnyNamesLeft1

AnyNamesLeft1
4 weeks ago#5
Sorry for your loss tc.
https://amomentinmymindblog.wordpress.com

User Info: AnyNamesLeft1

AnyNamesLeft1
4 weeks ago#6
GreedoShootsFirst posted...
I expected this story to have a more pathetic story, like that your addiction to the game was so bad that you played the game during the services, and that's when you knew you had to make a choice to save yourself.

Someone out here has to have a pathetic, depraved story.

But yeah, people do suck. The game, as all games, are pointless. It's really brought out the worst in people, you get dickheads like those you talked about in the OP, or you have people getting into fights IRL over dumb s***, or you have people here marking my dead-for-4-days topic where I merely suggested a contest. I'm thinking about quitting too. It helps kill time sometimes, but I'm really not "one of them". I'm the most closeted PG player in the world.

*Raises hand*

This game has me completely addicted. Theres still somethimg fun about a larvitar, or ampharos popping up in the slack updates and going hunting for them(225 and 1122 respectfully,) or getting a group together to stomp a tyranitar in hopes of adding him to the growing army.

Although I wouldn't actually play at a loved ones service(despite the fact the service is really being held for the living attendees,) I have no problem playing the game at churches, or playing respectfully at cemetaries. Primarily the one my Brother in-law and nephew call home, but I've prestiged cemetary gyms before the gym revamp and actually caught Raikou #5 at a cemetery on 9/11.
https://amomentinmymindblog.wordpress.com

User Info: galeongirl

galeongirl
4 weeks ago#7
Rhyten posted...
Don't blame the tool, blame the user.
It's the peoples fault, not the game.

Who, in this case, were complete tools.

It's kinda dumb to blame Pokemon Go for this. People were idiots. Well yeah I can assure you that they're the same idiots without the game... Just say you're bored with this game, quit, done. No need to make a topic taking a dig at people still playing.

User Info: Squirtodile1

Squirtodile1
4 weeks ago#8
I'm sorry for your Loss TC.

Like people have said they are just scummy players. I think all gyms/pokestops should be moved away from cemetaries and churches because it's not really the place to play. Especially raids.
Joey here: Fc: 1650-3920-4706

User Info: Spetsnaz420

Spetsnaz420
4 weeks ago#9
Inconsiderate people don't need a game to be so, that's just who they are
You have no idea the physical toll that three vasectomies have on a person! ~ Micheal Scott
PSN: Spetsnaz420 NNID: 0963-2355-7401 (MH4U + MHG only)

User Info: Remembrent

Remembrent
4 weeks ago#10
Yeah - I mean, I don't take this incident as any sort of indication of the game base as a whole.

I just realized at that moment that, considering I was basically almost out the door, I really didn't know why I still cared. Was it really worth this? I saw these people who cared so much and it was for nothing.

That was just sort of the moment that pushed me. I've uninstalled and haven't looked back. I hope the game gets better for those who love it though. Huge Pokemon fan.
You should not care that NoA decided to censor a 13 year old girl. It's creepy if you do.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon GO
  3. The day I finally uninstalled Pokemon Go

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived