Anyone else finding this game surprisingly hard?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Yakuza Kiwami
  3. Anyone else finding this game surprisingly hard?

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
1 month ago#21
Shirakani posted...
This has been tested, you can see some vids on youtube about it...

Rush seems to be glitched anyway, since you can cancel it into Beast and do a Rush-style combo in Beast with Beast damage - doubt this was intended. Just dodge in Rush and mash Square while switching using Change: Evade. You'll do the Rush-style combo with a Yellow Aura and be in Beast Mode.
http://www.stingermagazine.com - articles on the action genre's best.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC09UqeY80WzoWMnxRkL4Tkw - challenge runs.

User Info: Shirakani

Shirakani
1 month ago#22
Raeng posted...
Shirakani posted...
This has been tested, you can see some vids on youtube about it...

Rush seems to be glitched anyway, since you can cancel it into Beast and do a Rush-style combo in Beast with Beast damage - doubt this was intended. Just dodge in Rush and mash Square while switching using Change: Evade. You'll do the Rush-style combo with a Yellow Aura and be in Beast Mode.

Yeah, that's the glitch. Apparently it affects Kiwami as well which is how ppl are clearing the last Ultimate Battle in under 10 minutes. Mix of Tiger Drop and the exploit.
PSN: Shirakani
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/shirakani
(message deleted)

User Info: FatManRunSlow

FatManRunSlow
1 month ago#24
Raeng posted...
Element_Pearl posted...
Use Beast and try to start fights near bikes or motorcycles. Beast gets super armor for almost all the attacks, plus you can easily throw guys and do a ton of damage, and unlock the ability to throw from the ground as well. I have over 300 KO in Beast compared to like 50 and 60 in Brawler and Rush.

Granted I'm mostly talking about the boss fights, normal fights are still cake thanks to - as you mentioned - Beast.

TrulyEpicLawls posted...
Nearly all my fights end in 1 second due to the Beast heat move where he grabs one guy and swings him into the others. Piss easy.

And how do you do that exactly? If I even try to grab one I'm swarmed and lose my Extreme Heat before I can even press Triangle. What you say sounds good on paper but is barely functional.

DelusioNzorszor posted...
Bosses fall out of combos where I'm back attacking them or they randomly get armor for no reason. The CH10 boss was actually one of the biggest exercises in frustration I've dealt with in a video game for a while. Just not fun at all.

Hey Delusio! Long time no see! The fight just before the car-chase wasn't too bad for me as he actually had a pattern and tells, but how enemies will just randomly get hyperarmor or bounce out of reach after a back attack is pretty stupid. I've had a boss finish his combo, I get behind him and attack him, he suddenly dodges away and starts beating me to death - like how did the designers want us to play then?

Tried to edit down the boxes but keeps saying invalid HTML or something until I take the quote bits out then it looks like I'm having a conversation with myself so I'll just answer the how do you do that exactly bit concerning the Beast heat move it's really easy. As soon as the fight starts grab the one in front of you and press triangle instantly. As soon as you have grabbed him you get instant heat. I've done it about 200 times now, fights over in a second as TEL says
Excessive pies and lack of exercise for I live on snacks, potatoes in packs and I feast on grease, so call the health police

User Info: YanDaMan263

YanDaMan263
1 month ago#25
This game is definitely harder than 0. I had to burn potions alot during boss fights compared to other Yakuza games.

Bosses and their permanent super armor really annoys me. Just whacks me as im hitting them with no stun from my hits.
LOL @ U

User Info: NicoGrimm

NicoGrimm
1 month ago#26
Some of the fights in thsi game are just... bad. There's no sugarcoating it, they're terribly designed. Some of the Komaki Training fights come to mind especially.

Seriously, who the f*** thought the Image of Four Gods training was a good idea? Lets put you against 4 people all of who are basiclaly bosses with super armor and knock downs and give it a time limit. That's fun!

It doesnt help that Dragon style is stupidly underpowered at this point either. My Majima's at Rank A, so it's not like I've been slacking on moves.
How dare the Gods work against me! I don't remember giving them permission.

FatManRunSlow
1 month ago#27
Does komaki still throw baseballs at you
Excessive pies and lack of exercise for I live on snacks, potatoes in packs and I feast on grease, so call the health police

NicoGrimm
1 month ago#28
FatManRunSlow posted...
Raeng posted...
Element_Pearl posted...
Use Beast and try to start fights near bikes or motorcycles. Beast gets super armor for almost all the attacks, plus you can easily throw guys and do a ton of damage, and unlock the ability to throw from the ground as well. I have over 300 KO in Beast compared to like 50 and 60 in Brawler and Rush.

Granted I'm mostly talking about the boss fights, normal fights are still cake thanks to - as you mentioned - Beast.

TrulyEpicLawls posted...
Nearly all my fights end in 1 second due to the Beast heat move where he grabs one guy and swings him into the others. Piss easy.

And how do you do that exactly? If I even try to grab one I'm swarmed and lose my Extreme Heat before I can even press Triangle. What you say sounds good on paper but is barely functional.

Bosses fall out of combos where I'm back attacking them or they randomly get armor for no reason. The CH10 boss was actually one of the biggest exercises in frustration I've dealt with in a video game for a while. Just not fun at all.

Hey Delusio! Long time no see! The fight just before the car-chase wasn't too bad for me as he actually had a pattern and tells, but how enemies will just randomly get hyperarmor or bounce out of reach after a back attack is pretty stupid. I've had a boss finish his combo, I get behind him and attack him, he suddenly dodges away and starts beating me to death - like how did the designers want us to play then?

Tried to edit down the boxes but keeps saying invalid HTML or something until I take the quote bits out then it looks like I'm having a conversation with myself so I'll just answer the how do you do that exactly bit concerning the Beast heat move it's really easy. As soon as the fight starts grab the one in front of you and press triangle instantly. As soon as you have grabbed him you get instant heat. I've done it about 200 times now, fights over in a second as TEL says

Sorry, how are you gettign instant heat by grabbing in Beast? My skill trees are almost max (few 85 pointers left) but I get nothing when grabbing.

FatManRunSlow
1 month ago#29
NicoGrimm posted...
FatManRunSlow posted...
Raeng posted...
Element_Pearl posted...

TrulyEpicLawls posted...

Sorry, how are you gettign instant heat by grabbing in Beast? My skill trees are almost max (few 85 pointers left) but I get nothing when grabbing.

I have no idea what the skill is but it only works at the start of a fight, it only works the first time you do it in a fight and it doesn't seem to work if you get hit before you manage to grab anyone. The heat move itself is a red heat move so if you have an upgraded heat bar and no heat at all it won't fill up enough to let you do the move however you can just throw him to the floor to get that last bit of heat then grab someone else

NicoGrimm
1 month ago#30
FatManRunSlow posted...
NicoGrimm posted...
FatManRunSlow posted...
Raeng posted...
Element_Pearl posted...

TrulyEpicLawls posted...

I have no idea what the skill is but it only works at the start of a fight, it only works the first time you do it in a fight and it doesn't seem to work if you get hit before you manage to grab anyone

Huh. I have one where a knockdown gives me full heat gauge, but nothing for grabbing.
  1. Boards
  2. Yakuza Kiwami
  3. Anyone else finding this game surprisingly hard?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived