It amazes me how bad some people still are at this game.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. It amazes me how bad some people still are at this game.

User Info: DarkJaydragon

DarkJaydragon
2 months ago#1
You know all the usual complaints so I don't need to list them, I came back after a two month break and the community didn't let me down with it's consistency.
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.

User Info: EX_Bortthog

EX_Bortthog
2 months ago#2
Thats simply players in a nutshell. Most gamers are trash. What people consider "average" is actually bad but they try to rationalize it with "fun" as if their definition of fun is absolute
#1 Cactus
https://youtu.be/a2Qw-ztFrK4 LETS GET HYPE

User Info: MadDewg

MadDewg
2 months ago#3
I am just amazed at how some super high-level people still do not know you can fly up as d.va. Like yeah, we all know high level does not automatically equal skill, but if someone puts in over 400 hours into this game, you just kind of expect them to at least know what each skill does for every character. The amount of quick play d.vas used by said high level players I see getting bodied by widows and hanzos because they never or do not know they can simply fly up to them is mind-boggling, lmao.
GTag:XlX Zoro XlX PSN:lMadDogg NNID:xMadDoggx https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiqjqAROr_E My most pro overwatch POTG ever. Words cannot describe the greatness

User Info: justonepuff

justonepuff
2 months ago#4
I've been on a break also, i missed season 4 and some of the players I'm getting matched with are just awful. I got placed just outside diamond i think 2950ish. I've had some low level players on my teams also which i thought you had to be higher level to play competitive but I've seen a level 7 and level 20 on my team. I also have had matches against groups of 4 vs solos. Fyi I'm always playing solo.
Gamertag: Beefie Lips

User Info: Jazzy_Jeff

Jazzy_Jeff
2 months ago#5
Yeah, some things you would think are just common sense. I still see players get mowed and melted by Torb and Symmetra respectively.

Still people haves lives to get on with, most of us anyway. Time is a precious thing and cannot always be used to hone one's skill in a video game. At that point, some become so devoted that they essentially have no life and who wants to have no life? Not me.

It might not be that they want to be outright bad, but merely keep gaming in its place as a hobby and so they choose to invest little time in improving. What most consider throwing around here is merely considered 'fun' to them, as another mentioned.

Everyone has to accept, in one way or another, that it's only a game.
SBB4 Tri-Main: Pikachu, Lucario, & Rosalina / Official Garchomp Buff /
Get over here and defend the objective...

User Info: PurpleMango

PurpleMango
2 months ago#6
Honestly the attitude in this topic is worse for the community than bad players are

There will be good players and there will be bad. Losing can be frustrating but in the end it's just a game and people just want to play.

User Info: EX_Bortthog

EX_Bortthog
2 months ago#7
PurpleMango posted...
Honestly the attitude in this topic is worse for the community than bad players are

There will be good players and there will be bad. Losing can be frustrating but in the end it's just a game and people just want to play.

I simply stated the truth about gamers in general, not just Overwatch
#1 Cactus
https://youtu.be/a2Qw-ztFrK4 LETS GET HYPE

User Info: DexterTheThird

DexterTheThird
2 months ago#8
Jazzy_Jeff posted...
Yeah, some things you would think are just common sense. I still see players get mowed and melted by Torb and Symmetra respectively.

Still people haves lives to get on with, most of us anyway. Time is a precious thing and cannot always be used to hone one's skill in a video game. At that point, some become so devoted that they essentially have no life and who wants to have no life? Not me.

It might not be that they want to be outright bad, but merely keep gaming in its place as a hobby and so they choose to invest little time in improving. What most consider throwing around here is merely considered 'fun' to them, as another mentioned.

I had fun reading this in Zenyatta's voice in my head.
Formerly known as Hero Fly Chao. I can make spaghetti.
http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/DexTheThird-1892

User Info: Gillian Seed

Gillian Seed
2 months ago#9
I wonder if the event brought back players who haven't played much? I've been having games where just doing a counterpick let's us roll towards a win. Landslide victories aren't new, but the ones the past few days have been kind of boring. I'm not crapping on such players. If they haven't been playing the game as much as some of us then they aren't going to be as good.

My other thought is people aren't really trying. All they want is the XP for time spent playing so they can get loot boxes. The 500 XP for winning isn't a major deal. I almost feel that way myself. I still try to win every game, but when my team has a crappy comp my thought is "meh, at least I'll be getting XP in these five minutes".

User Info: TheBest69

TheBest69
2 months ago#10
Jazzy_Jeff posted...

It's only a game, why do you have to be mad? Best quote in the game by Zarya. Sometimes I really can't believe how serious some people are in a videogame, you know, a product made for fun and entertainment. Not everyone plays Overwatch only. Not everyone is the uber pro you want them to be. But hey, why consider stuff like that when you can insult other people and get mad?
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. It amazes me how bad some people still are at this game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived