Why play ranked if you aren't going to use a mic?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Why play ranked if you aren't going to use a mic?

User Info: gideon2086

gideon2086
1 month ago#1
I don't get it. Your PlayStation literally came with a mic. If you feel like having a low key game to quick play. I'm tired of getting lobbies of silence.
PSN: SW33NDAWG-_-
GAMERTAG: SW33NDAWG

User Info: snowboarderkid6

snowboarderkid6
1 month ago#2
I'm getting tired of people telling other people how to play the game. Yes I have a Mic no I don't plug it in all the time do I feel this hurts me? not the slightest. People don't wanna hear the s*** that goes on in my house. We can do just fine only one person really needs a Mic everyone else just needs to listen.

Also used playstations don't come with a mic
Just won the superbowl with the lions in year 3 franchise if i can do it why cant they not changing sig until they do 8/21/2010

gideon2086
1 month ago#3
snowboarderkid6 posted...
I'm getting tired of people telling other people how to play the game. Yes I have a Mic no I don't plug it in all the time do I feel this hurts me? not the slightest. People don't wanna hear the s*** that goes on in my house. We can do just fine only one person really needs a Mic everyone else just needs to listen.

So calling out enemy locations isn't useful?

User Info: booeysu

booeysu
1 month ago#4
Counter Point.

Team chat is a tool that can be great but can also be an instrument for trolling and griefing. While most people want the end result of "winning" the means are often pretty contentious among people with differing views. Strats, team comps, etc. Team chat is oftentimes a bully pulpit of conformity.

At lower elos, people struggle to multitask between aiming and communicating. They can either do one or the other without their performance suffering pretty dramatically. And like in real life, people are quick to blame each other (fair or not) for dismal team performance.

People are different. People who play Overwatch come from different backgrounds. They hold different viewpoints on everything. And these different backgrounds surface when speaking with others. Some people speak more confrontationally --not necessarily with means to offend-- which can be misconstrued as quite offensive. Others are just a**holes (behind the safety of their TV/Monitor.) There are plenty examples online of offensive and childish behavior.

When I play Overwatch, I can sometimes get pretty toxic (the sheer amount of exasperating things that occur in this game) so I sometimes will not be in team chat. As just the slightest thing might put me on tilt. I mean look at this forum. People get upset all the time but in team chat there is really no moderators or filters.

User Info: snowboarderkid6

snowboarderkid6
1 month ago#5
gideon2086 posted...
snowboarderkid6 posted...

So calling out enemy locations isn't useful?

That's the shot callers job ie the only person who needs the Mic everyone else just needs to listen
Just won the superbowl with the lions in year 3 franchise if i can do it why cant they not changing sig until they do 8/21/2010

User Info: DAZMikey

DAZMikey
1 month ago#6
You don't need a mic if you can do work solo.

User Info: Ultima_Wraith

Ultima_Wraith
1 month ago#7
Specifically to make you create this topic.
| 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | When bored, I post impromptu song lyrics | PSN : UltimaWraith

gideon2086
1 month ago#8
I'm beginning to understand why the average gfaqer is gold.

User Info: DarthVaper

DarthVaper
1 month ago#9
gideon2086 posted...
I'm beginning to understand why the average gfaqer is gold.

Sounds like you're missing the point.

User Info: Mforz

Mforz
1 month ago#10
I use it,with chill people. I always wait at the setup to decide if I will plug it in or not. If I hear something like "Heeey guys, well we are gonna lose anyway so let's go" or whatever toxic I prefer to just do my stuff and don't bother with those
"Where have you been?" None of your business Akihiko!
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. Why play ranked if you aren't going to use a mic?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived