OW WC has changed my opinion on Mercy

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. OW WC has changed my opinion on Mercy

User Info: MidnightPharah

MidnightPharah
2 months ago#11
Yeah, too many battles are decided by which Mercy survives and which dies first. It's incredibly annoying when you outplay someone, kill them, only for their Mercy to rerverse it with a Rez. Making Rez a cool down ability was the worst mistake Blizzard could've ever made with Mercy.

User Info: Comfy_Pillow

Comfy_Pillow
2 months ago#12
I actually like mercy being good. Though I will say I preferred her having res as an ult.

If she was awful/wasn't in the game I feel this game would be kinda boring tbqh.

User Info: Roxas6674

Roxas6674
2 months ago#13
joemoetoe posted...
If ur good ur good doesn't matter the character

Skill can only take you so far. When a character is unbalanced then they are gonna dominate the game.
Ha.

User Info: Blaeu

Blaeu
2 months ago#14
Resurrection is a stupid mechanic in a game like this. I like Mercy, I even like her Valkyrie Ult, but any form of resurrection needs to go. I don't know what she should get to replace it, but that is the only way to solve this issue. All long as Mercy has resurrection she will either be a must pick, or nerfed into obscurity.
"We do not stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing." -- George Bernard Shaw

User Info: Kageblade23

Kageblade23
2 months ago#15
WizardPowers posted...
I do like how she can draw out some of these team fights though. Makes a game a bit more exciting. If mercy was bad then whoever got the first kill would almost automatically win the team fight. Now mercy has to be the first one to die for that to happen. If it's any other character there is still a big chance it goes either way.

in all fairness before they nerfed her ult she was still the one to kill because who wanted 5 people on the other team rezzed when a hiding mercy stayed safely out of the team fight only to fly in after everyone dies and surprise TEAM REZ~
3DSFC:1521-2934-6738, PSN(PS3/4/Vita):KagE_BLadE23, Wii-U NNID:Kage_Blade23

User Info: Korppi123

Korppi123
2 months ago#16
Blaeu posted...
Resurrection is a stupid mechanic in a game like this. I like Mercy, I even like her Valkyrie Ult, but any form of resurrection needs to go. I don't know what she should get to replace it, but that is the only way to solve this issue. All long as Mercy has resurrection she will either be a must pick, or nerfed into obscurity.

Agree, resurrect is stupid concept and there is no balancing it in a game where picks have such a big impact. Its no problem in games like battlefield to have players be able to revive their team mates in an instant, it is a problem in an arena shooter.

User Info: Yuggle

Yuggle
2 months ago#17
Yes i agree, mercy is ridiculous right now. From the low levels of play to literally the best players in the world, she completely dominates the meta.

Although i will say it was nice seeing mercy for a change in pro comp games.

Also USA vs Korea was hands down the best overwatch game of all time and i dont see anything coming close anytime soon. So annoying because they were good enough. It wasnt a slaughterfest. Even when korea won they would push them to 99/99 or force OT. They had the skill and just missed out on eichanwalde and hanumara on chances due to small mistakes.

Yeah korea won so technically that makes them the better team, but i reckon USA can beat them for sure.
FOC Top 3 WorldWide. GTA Rank 550+. Criminal Mastermind Completed 2X
PS3/PS4

Korppi123
2 months ago#18
Yuggle posted...
Yes i agree, mercy is ridiculous right now. From the low levels of play to literally the best players in the world, she completely dominates the meta.

Although i will say it was nice seeing mercy for a change in pro comp games.

Also USA vs Korea was hands down the best overwatch game of all time and i dont see anything coming close anytime soon. So annoying because they were good enough. It wasnt a slaughterfest. Even when korea won they would push them to 99/99 or force OT. They had the skill and just missed out on eichanwalde and hanumara on chances due to small mistakes.

Yeah korea won so technically that makes them the better team, but i reckon USA can beat them for sure.

Yeah, such a close game, funny that on korea was saved by mercy on both eichenwall and hanamura..

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
2 months ago#19
How is Resurrection a bad ability to have in a game like this, again?
WHINING FOOLS BEGONE! - Katsuhiro Harada
SF5: M. Bison, Urien, Karin | T7: Feng, Kazumi | MVCI: Jedah/Sigma | BBCF: Azrael, Susano'o | BBxTB: Weiss/Yu

Korppi123
2 months ago#20
Vulcan422 posted...
How is Resurrection a bad ability to have in a game like this, again?

Because every death counts for so much, being able to revert that with a press of a button is insanely strong, not picking a character that can do that is essentially throwing.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. OW WC has changed my opinion on Mercy

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived