When is it a good time to blame team mates and not yourself?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. When is it a good time to blame team mates and not yourself?

User Info: Code_Geass_CC

Code_Geass_CC
2 months ago#11
AzaneAzer posted...
Never.

Even when Im playing amazing and losing because of teammates, I can still find things to blame myself for and improve.

Going down the "Teammates all suck" path is super slippery, and you stop growing as a player and become super complacent. If I'm criticizing myself, I don't get mad and I keep improving.

Plus, Blaming teammates just makes them play worse, because the finger pointing game is always a s***show. It feels like some people just randomly choose somebody to complain about when losing, and then they ensure the loss once the tilting blame game begins (Some people do it before the door even opens)

While a good attitude, it's trying way too hard. Even pro players make dozens of tiny mistakes every game, it's such a fast paced game that it's bound to happen. Contemplating on your choices in-game after the fact is a very good habit, but doesn't relinquish your teammates from blame if they make bad picks or underperform.
Not changing sig until Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out. And also because I can't think of something original right now. No, I will not put a start date on this.

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
2 months ago#12
Code_Geass_CC posted...
but doesn't relinquish your teammates from blame if they make bad picks or underperform.

What do you get out of blaming them?

User Info: Blaeu

Blaeu
2 months ago#13
AzaneAzer posted...
Code_Geass_CC posted...
but doesn't relinquish your teammates from blame if they make bad picks or underperform.

What do you get out of blaming them?

If I'm in Quick Play with no mic, everything is my team's fault. Even my poor aim. :D

While on mic, and actually trying in comp, casting blame just hurts everyone. Maturely addressing responsibility and requesting they alter their play to fix it is different than raging at them. Just don't be an ass about it, be constructive.
"We do not stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing." -- George Bernard Shaw

User Info: Hunk_of_Meat

Hunk_of_Meat
2 months ago#14
Here's a hot tip; stop blaming your team. Blame the red team. Focus all your aggression towards those pricks.

User Info: kiba312

kiba312
2 months ago#15
When you have Gold damage as Winston. Never, in any situation, should a Winston do more damage than the rest of the team assuming all six players are playing the game.
3DS FC: 2036 - 7930 - 8344 Name: William
LoL IGN: inplane, Battle.net: inplane#1750

User Info: Justapoorchibi

Justapoorchibi
2 months ago#16
Generally I try to avoid it but if there's some Mercy pocket healing their friend who's at full health and ignoring everyone else or just running around going battle Mercy I might blame them. Or if everyone's oblivious to the objective and stands just outside it only concerning themselves with shooting stuff or constantly diving in alone them yelling at everyone when they die.

Ore my personal favorite, standing just in front of my Rein's shield. I'm really going to blame them for that. That's just idiotic.
Chibi X Yuki Silver= One true pairing
I love you my senpai (->//3//<)-

User Info: Annfan

Annfan
2 months ago#17
When you get gold in damage, healing, solo kills and objective time as Zenyatta.
Final Fantasy XIII is critically and commercially successful. By all definitions it is one of the best.

User Info: amensvalves

amensvalves
2 months ago#18
Annfan posted...
When you get gold in damage, healing, solo kills and objective time as Zenyatta.

Thank you for giving another example of the Amensvalves Four Golds Rule
That's an awfully hot coffee pot

User Info: maplew

maplew
2 months ago#19
I'm usually mercy since no one wants to be her. So it's hard for me to switch or no healer.

I try not to tell people who to play even when my team's losing, but certain situation annoyed me.

For example,

All dps teammates, but no solider 76 or reaper. Enemy team has pharah or 2 tank. We get wrecked, still no one adjust their pick to the situation.

Widowmaker + Hanzo combo. Don't get me wrong, they are both good. I just don't see the point of 2 sniper. I have only been in 1 game when we actually won with this combo.

Players throwing game. Met a lucio who stood in front of the tunnel to get hit by car or just jump to death. Why even play team match and waste space, just go free for all.

User Info: UltimaXOmega

UltimaXOmega
2 months ago#20
When you have multiple golds and are on fire often.
The Rock 2020
  1. Boards
  2. Overwatch
  3. When is it a good time to blame team mates and not yourself?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived