So how this game is bad again?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Valkyria Revolution
  3. So how this game is bad again?

User Info: x_SaintBoot_x

x_SaintBoot_x
3 months ago#21
I like how they shrunk the cast in an attempt to focus on them more, but I think it would have been better to stick with guns only. Even by jrpg standards, that sword of the MC's is just terrible.
I'm actually ancient or above, ask me about it sometime. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest only game where Trees put you in full nelsons. Mutton, fresh mutton!

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
3 months ago#22
I... totally forgot this existed until I saw mention of it online. I guess I'll have to check out some gameplay to see if it interests me. The mention of grinding is an immediate turn-off though. VC2 in particular was horrible about that, enough to give someone conniptions. :P
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
(message deleted)

User Info: Merkades

Merkades
3 months ago#24
Personally, I am going to place this game alongside such stalwarts as Star Ocean 5, Exist Archive, and Omega Quintet (all of which I own). Which is to say, not very good, but I don't really care. I still would play these over Overwatch, CoD, EA sports and GTA.

User Info: YanDaMan263

YanDaMan263
3 months ago#25
Attack button forces you to do full combo instead of just one attack is the dumbest thing ever.

Shallow repetitive gameplay where all you do is mindlessly run up to enemies and hack and slash them ignoring all stealth element or anything else they tried to do that failed.

Terrible boss designs, namely Maxim and the Valkyria fight. The former takes forever because for whatever reason he takes no damage except for the final hit on a combo, and the Valkyra can randomly wipe your party out of nowhere forcing you to restart tedious stages.

Terrible balance between story cutscenes and gameplay.

People defending this game must've never played a good game in their life if they think this game qualifies as "good".
LOL @ U

User Info: Wings_of_Pink

Wings_of_Pink
3 months ago#26
Harsh... but I basically agree. (The fight against the flying steel whale was pretty intense, though.) I haven't completed the game yet, but I actually like how the writers have handled the Valkyrie up to the point I'm at. Hmph, probably the only part of the writing that I like, to be honest.

But the music's so good! The performance is world class, and everything... :-( It's a pity the rest of the game isn't up to par.

User Info: YanDaMan263

YanDaMan263
3 months ago#27
The semi-interesting story narrative is the only thing keeping me going honestly. The gameplay is just bad in every angle.
LOL @ U

User Info: Revolver_Raven

Revolver_Raven
3 months ago#28
YanDaMan263 posted...
People defending this game must've never played a good game in their life if they think this game qualifies as "good".

There's no reason to get nasty and throw something like this out and insult people, but most of your criticisms of this game are correct. It's really a game that could have been so much better but is just flawed in too many ways to be a great game, especially when compared against the original Valkyria Chronicles (I have not played 2 or 3).

EDIT:
Wings_of_Pink posted...
But the music's so good! The performance is world class, and everything... :-( It's a pity the rest of the game isn't up to par.

It really is, Yasunori Mitsuda has been one of my favorite composers ever since Chrono Trigger came out back on the SNES.
  1. Boards
  2. Valkyria Revolution
  3. So how this game is bad again?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived