What's wrong with The Moon Dwellers being in English Subs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Taisen OG: The Moon Dwellers
  3. What's wrong with The Moon Dwellers being in English Subs?

User Info: RetsuxD

RetsuxD
1 year ago#31
rain on my parade of puns will ya

User Info: crazygamer999

crazygamer999
1 year ago#32
Such a lust for words...
WHOOOOO-*is shot*

Really, for me, whose Japanese is crap, I can tolerate the bad English ( with a bit of cringing) if it's understandable.
The Asriel of the RPG:EE board."Don't kill and don't be killed."
"The one thing you choose yourself - that is the truth of your universe."

User Info: Baneless

Baneless
1 year ago#33
crazygamer999 posted...
Such a lust for words...
WHOOOOO-*is shot*

Really, for me, whose Japanese is crap, I can tolerate the bad English ( with a bit of cringing) if it's understandable.

It's actually funny. People have been claymoring for an english release and when they finally get it they want more from it. If it's not the english translation, it'll be the animation, if it wont be the animation, it'll be how their favorite characters are ignored/benched in the story. It's a neverending cycle of whining.

User Info: crazygamer999

crazygamer999
1 year ago#34
Eh, there will always be unpleasable people. So it goes.
The Asriel of the RPG:EE board."Don't kill and don't be killed."
"The one thing you choose yourself - that is the truth of your universe."

User Info: MarsDragon

MarsDragon
1 year ago#35
Davzz posted...
Atlus gave us Kirin NE PLUS ULTRA and gems like this

http://i.imgur.com/5RKWTM5.png

Oh no, a bug in the dialog for a character no one cares about.

Truly, the worst possible sin.
So many books, so little time.
http://www.livejournal.com/community/cv_fanfic/

User Info: bloodcoast

bloodcoast
1 year ago#36
Baneless posted...
crazygamer999 posted...
Such a lust for words...
WHOOOOO-*is shot*

It's actually funny. People have been claymoring for an english release and when they finally get it they want more from it. If it's not the english translation, it'll be the animation, if it wont be the animation, it'll be how their favorite characters are ignored/benched in the story. It's a neverending cycle of whining.

Well, people are paying like 100 dollars to import this game, so I think it's normal to expect something from it. I don't think most people mind translation quality much, even if it contained some unusual yet frequent penetrations.

User Info: saltedham

saltedham
1 year ago#37
not eveyone is vocal about this topic. i wished for machine translation and we got it. u guys can thank me any time.

and yes i ordered english version
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!

User Info: greeeed

greeeed
1 year ago#38
bloodcoast posted...

Well, people are paying like 100 dollars to import this game, so I think it's normal to expect something from it. I don't think most people mind translation quality much, even if it contained some unusual yet frequent penetrations.

60$ + shipment.
which is same price as buying normal new game.

First game will probably have same subs quality as first SAO game.
Second game will depend on on first game sales number

User Info: MindGames_X

MindGames_X
1 year ago#39
It's probably going to be a machine translation stuff. Or even some awful but still readable stuff. Even an official translation by Atlus would struggle to please fans used to jargon we've weaved along the years, terms and technical words dedicated fans who are both fluent in English and Japanese (and even those who aren't that proficient in both).

That aside, I'm expecting full cringe engrish for the translation, still better than nothing at all. You can still get the japanese version if you like that more.

The problem I see is not the translation being somewhat bad, like some japanese sentences being directly translated to English to form some senseless phrase, it's more like these inconsistencies creating whole wrong directions regarding plot and characters. That happens a lot in decently translated games, imagine this one.

User Info: sumgai9000

sumgai9000
1 year ago#40
MindGames_X posted...
The problem I see is not the translation being somewhat bad, like some japanese sentences being directly translated to English to form some senseless phrase, it's more like these inconsistencies creating whole wrong directions regarding plot and characters. That happens a lot in decently translated games, imagine this one.

I bet Roon in her Ballshone will turn out to be passionate comrades with Exen-Err.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Robot Taisen OG: The Moon Dwellers
  3. What's wrong with The Moon Dwellers being in English Subs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived