Xenosaga

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Shaded_Phoenix

Shaded_Phoenix
1 year ago#81
Xtreme-Void posted...
Guest? I like guest then,
Is it impossible for SRW OG to have guest? well... I don't dare to say unless I own Bamco or Terada himself.

But there's already Guest in this game.

Xtreme-Void posted...
The Intro of NOT SRW OG Mugen no Frontier Exceed Enjoy.

Yes, Frontier was not a very OG game. Between Xenogears and Namco x Capcom characters, it was bit off track. How, exactly, it thinks it's supposed to be taken seriously as a canon OG game is beyond me. Does "Saga" mean "not really", or something?
Operation Latex Turtle is a go.

User Info: SteelSeven

SteelSeven
1 year ago#82
I don't see how EF games are any different than ACE or regular SRW games with crossover material so that point is moot anyway.
Failure comes from success. GUST here I come!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEsvqdv4xdkaBiczzNobgmg

Shaded_Phoenix
1 year ago#83
SteelSeven posted...
I don't see how EF games are any different than ACE or regular SRW games with crossover material so that point is moot anyway.

It's not. It's just that Endless Frontier went and tacked on the subtitle "OG Saga", and they're saying it's events are canon, when it's a crossover with two other game series. So it's not being consistent with the idea of being OG or not OG. There'd be little issue otherwise.

SteelSeven
1 year ago#84
Shaded_Phoenix posted...
SteelSeven posted...

It's not. It's just that Endless Frontier went and tacked on the subtitle "OG Saga", and they're saying it's events are canon, when it's a crossover with two other game series. So it's not being consistent with the idea of being OG or not OG. There'd be little issue otherwise.

It actually was consistent as them being the OG of that crossover game. Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying? So tired atm.

Shaded_Phoenix
1 year ago#85
SteelSeven posted...
It actually was consistent as them being the OG of that crossover game. Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying? So tired atm.

Perhaps. I'm quite tired and cold, too.

My point is that OG games are supposed to not be crossing over with non-Original series. Yet Endless Frontier includes Xenosaga, so it should be a crossover game... but it's called an OG game, and it's canon to OGs, which is odd.

User Info: Luvax

Luvax
1 year ago#86
My thoughts: Xensosaga has a 0% chance of appearing in an OG game. It defeats the purpose of OG. I don't care if it's owned by Bandai. It still is a completely different series. Honestly, in your dreams.
"Funnily, if I was generic than no would would brother responding to my posts and topics. I'm unique and awesome." - SazukeEX

SteelSeven
1 year ago#87
Shaded_Phoenix posted...
consistent as them being the OG of that crossover game. Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying? So tired atm.

PXZ and ACE R are canon too. I take it as a way for them to be consistent with the dimension jumps plot instead of just throwing it out of nowhere like what QG, SHC, regular SRW does (setting up a big lore to not confuse people basically), while also promoting OG characters (Zengar for example) on different playerbase if you combine them with DMC, Megaman, Fire Emblem fans for example. It was further supported when they were actually attracting newcomers on MD. The way their kits are being marketed might also contribute to that. The recent release of the Astranagant might be a preparation to attract new people by the time it does appear in OG. But don't get me wrong. This is only a personal analysis on what they're trying to do, no facts. Still believe Xenosaga has no chance though.

User Info: greeeed

greeeed
1 year ago#88
Tecniqally, It's not EF but EFE (second game)

They were still enemies in EF.
They become allies in EXCEED and continue like that through PxZ
(the game had amnesiac Axl)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived